NSV-Finally jogged 1 mile..

Options
2»

Replies

• Trostlegirl
    Trostlegirl Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I've been working out pretty hard for the past 5 months and still can't manage to jog more than 3 minutes at a time (1hr on an elliptical or walking on inclines no problem). It's a whole different kind of endurance. I've never been a runner, but I can tell you, when I can manage a mile I'll be dancing in the streets.

Glad to know I am not the only one celebrating this feat!
  • cortneymau
    cortneymau Posts: 33
    Options
    Running is way harder in endurance and working out. AND he needs to remember that every body is different and will adapt differently! Seriously, CONGRATS! I just started running and I completed my first 5K(3.5 miles actually) on Saturday. I've only been running for 11 weeks (first few weeks with C25K then I switched to my own plan). I run just a 12 minute mile as well! It doesn't matter how fast. If your goal is a 5k then focus on distance. Once you get through that first one then you can try to get faster although I've hear that you naturally speed up the more you run.

Good luck! Keep up the awesome running!
  • southernsweetie1978
    southernsweetie1978 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!