How did you find out about MFP ?

Options
124»

Replies

• JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    From word of mouth.. one of my friends was on it and raved about it so I thought I'd check it out - love it!
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Android Market
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a dietician and wellness coach helping other companies employees get on track. She recommended this. So far, great going for me.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I used to use a similar site that was rubbish when it came to looking up food, nothing was ever on there. I actually came across this site whilst looking for calories for an item of food, at first I thought it was too good to be true! so a complete accident that has changed my life - the other site was just not that good in comparison, I never felt motivated I was just logging food.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My friend lost 70 lbs and told me about it when I asked about her success.
  • ashreynolds09
    ashreynolds09 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    When I attempted the HCG diet back in Feb. of 2010.....this is how I made sure I was under 500 cals a day. :/ ooooooh the stupidity of that diet! I decided to get serious about this stuff and I set up a new profile! LOVE MFP
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Someone in my Herbalife challenge mentioned online calorie counting, and this was the first site I came across on Google.
  • crodrigu73
    crodrigu73 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I was searching for weight loss help on the internet after a month of dieting with my husband. He lost 15 pounds and I gained 5. I was so confused and frustrated and I googled for help. I found MFP and in the first month I lost 16.9 pounds. I really had no idea how many calories my food contained and how many total calories I was putting in my body. MFP gave me control.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    one of the trainers in a small gym set me up with it and our team was supposed to use it to challenge and motivate each other. I'm the only one that stuck around
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Mine's a bit unusual, since I didn't intend to lose weight at first...

Originally found the Android app, because I needed a food database for son who is in elementary school. He has type 1 diabetes and I occasionally need look up carb information when we're out. Didn't use the logging at all.

Since I had already been losing weight on my own for a quite while, I decided log passively to see how many calories I was eating. That allowed me to get a better sense of my maintenance level.
  • Errica32
    Errica32 Posts: 40
    Options
    My co-worker told me about MFP, and I am soooooooo glad that she did! THANKS CYRSTAL!
  • KickassAugust
    KickassAugust Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Random internet search for FREE Online Fitness Log... I loves MFP!