I am starving! Someone please look at my dairy

Options
1235»

Replies

• cutethang1
    cutethang1 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    apart from trying to eat more, it looks like you will also need to meet your carb allowance. I agree with Superchikanth have more for breakfast. Heck eat two breakfasts- by the time lunch and dinner roll around you should feel very satisfied. Everyone is different so your best bet would be to try "this and that" and see what works for you. For me personally, my best days are when my breakfast calories are highest, lunch is medium and dinner is small. G/L!
  • Lynn_SD
    Lynn_SD Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    ive never seen a whole days calories only add up to 1100 how is this possible??

yobhcir
    The sad truth for us ladies. When you are only 4' 11'' or there about, and female, the number of calories we should eat in a day is 1200. The program assigns us that number as it is pretty much the lowest you can go without triggering the "starvation mode", which then lowers our metabolic rate, making it even harder to lose weight and keep it off. For me, even with the 1200 calorie level and working out three times per week (including total of 90 minutes cardio and two weight training workouts of 1 1/2 to 2 hours apiece), I can only lose 0.8 pounds per week!! So some of us try lowering the daily caloric goal to lose weight a bit faster, say....one whole pound per week. Wow. I actually tried that this week (the first week I lost only 0.8 while on 1200 cal per day and did even extra exercising. I changed the 1200 to 1100 but after a few days I realized that it was a really bad idea. Could not get enough food to eat enough protein, veggies/fruit and healthy carbs. You are lucky to be a guy. What is your daily caloric intake goal?
    OH and 800 calories per day is way way too low!!! That is starvation level and your body is consuming your muscles and other tissues to survive! You metabolism will slow to a crawl. Eat more, exercise more and be patient!
  • reashamoriba
    reashamoriba Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    have you tired to get more stuff with fiber. It fills u up quick
  • mudar146
    mudar146 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more which everyone is saying! But also you need to eat a bigger breakfast! I always go by the rule "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper" Breakfast is going to set the mood for the entire day. Load it with protein! Good luck! :)
  • tasiamere
    tasiamere Posts: 233
    Options
    Definitely eat more. I suggest some Fiber based snacks like FiberOne brand is good, The snacks are more dense and will help keep the hunger at bay for longer than some of the other low cal snacks out there.Good luck!
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    You're not eating enough
    you feel like you're starving
    you're starving because you're not eating enough.

This was the simplest logic problem I've solved all day. Back to discrete math.

Haha truth. Most people burn 1,200 calories doing nothing. You need more calories than that. You need some carbs too. Also try adding more water and green tea which is a natural appetite suppresant (sp?) and helps burn fat.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Glanced through the suggestions, but didn't read them all.

From what I can tell, you could eat more protein in the form of meat and that would keep you full longer. I would really go for a high protein breakfast. Some are suggesting that you add carbs to your diet. Watch the glycemic scale. If you eat a carb high on the glycemic scale, it will raise the amount of insulin your pancreas puts out. The pancreas will put out more insulin that is needed, causing your sugar levels to drop. This will leave your hungry. I think this might be your problem.

Realize that what works for me or another person may not work for you. If you increase your activity, though, you can eat more. So this may be something you might want to do - burn more to eat more. If you lift weights, you will really be able to increase your calorie intake because muscle burns calories. Lots of things you can do to increase how much you can eat, so you may want to look into doing something different in the exercise department.
  • jl622
    jl622 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Try to eat some carbs, maybe with lunch. You can buy 100 calorie sandwich thins and 110 calorie bagel thins. Vitamuffins are really good too and they have a lot of fiber.
  • charliebrooke08
    Options

The sad truth for us ladies. When you are only 4' 11'' or there about, and female, the number of calories we should eat in a day is 1200. The program assigns us that number as it is pretty much the lowest you can go without triggering the "starvation mode", which then lowers our metabolic rate, making it even harder to lose weight and keep it off. For me, even with the 1200 calorie level and working out three times per week (including total of 90 minutes cardio and two weight training workouts of 1 1/2 to 2 hours apiece), I can only lose 0.8 pounds per week!! So some of us try lowering the daily caloric goal to lose weight a bit faster, say....one whole pound per week. Wow. I actually tried that this week (the first week I lost only 0.8 while on 1200 cal per day and did even extra exercising. I changed the 1200 to 1100 but after a few days I realized that it was a really bad idea. Could not get enough food to eat enough protein, veggies/fruit and healthy carbs. You are lucky to be a guy. What is your daily caloric intake goal?

You probably aren't seeing much weight loss because you're body is in fact in starvation mode. If you are exercising like you say you definitely need more calories. 1,200 calories is nothing, I don't understand how people live on that.
  • lauralizzy829
    lauralizzy829 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Your calories may be close to your goal, but your protein is nowhere close!!!! Most of your energy is coming from fat. You are consistently under your carbs and protein. Eat more!!! You need more protein and carbs!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem a little while ago. I added in a grain at lunch time and it helped tremendously. It looks like you're trying to do low carb, but perhaps that's not working for you.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Up your calories for sure and add more protein. Fibre, drinking more water... this will all help!

protein...helps you feel more satisfied
    greek yogurt is great
    protein shakes would help
  • Stpjudge
    Stpjudge Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Try some PGX granules. They will help you to feel more full. I swear by them.
  • kitkatkmt
    kitkatkmt Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Try some PGX granules. They will help you to feel more full. I swear by them.

What are PGX granules?
  • tinksmommy2006
    Options
    You need more protein and more fiber....they will fill you up faster and longer then anything else...and also try upping to 1400 hundred a day...it will help...don't give up:)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    That is true I don't eat all my calories, but I eat almost every two hours.
    How often you eat means nothing. Total calories are what matters. Not eating enough is not eating enough, regardless of how often you eat.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    From my limited view of your diary (only a week's worth). 1) Eat more calories, you under eat your goal by too much. 2) Add more protein. 3) Fiber/whole grain type carbs might help. 4) keep up eating multiple times a day - I usually eat 5 to 6 times a day. (my weakness is bad carbs lol). 5) and don't quit!!!!! Friend me if you like. Good Luck
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I have too agree with the above posters.....looks like you are not eating enough.
    If you are honestly hungry all the time....you are not eating enough....you are starving your body.
    I am happy too hear that you have made adjustments to your calorie intake goals...etc.
    I would suggest eating more for breakfast (something with protein....satisfies me till lunch...greek yogurt, protein bars/shakes)
    I'd also add more too your lunches too. Looks like you are mostly making good food choices just need to add more ;)
    keep at it =)
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Eat 1600 daily.
    If you dont still lose weight drop it to 1500 but normally ppl will lose at 1600.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

yobhcir
    OH and 800 calories per day is way way too low!!! That is starvation level and your body is consuming your muscles and other tissues to survive! You metabolism will slow to a crawl. Eat more, exercise more and be patient!

It is not true at all that people under 5 foot need to be on 1200 or less. I have 2 MFP friends under 5 foot. One eats 1600 calories a day and has lost 1.5lb a week for a total of 19lb without any cardio (some walking) wiith some spike days well over 1600 and another is maintaining at 100lb and eats over 2000 calories a day. The fact that you "only" lost 0.8lb as 1200 for a week but 1lb at 1100 is a totaly mis-nomer. Weekly weigh can fluctuate significantly due to water retention and other factors. A difference of 0.2lb from one weeks loss to another is not 'proof' that eating 1200 (or more) does not work. Also - one tblsp of peanut butter - problem solved in getting those extra calories.