Inexcusable culture

Options
13»

Replies

• apalesko
    apalesko Posts: 21
    Options
    Japan when they first made planes to enter the national market found Americans were not booking with their airlines.
    After a study they had to re do the seats we would not fit in the ones made to fit a behind of adverage size set by world nat.

How to make a Japan car designer laugh, just say 64 oz cup holder to them.
    For America only they had to change the cup holder from 6 oz and 12 oz to American size 64 oz.

And none of this I have more, has made America wake up.

England and France have jokes, we may have long winding roads and stuffy old pubs but in America they have fast food on every corner!

You can try and blame tv gov. and the faze of the moon, but there will always be a bridge for sale.

I came to realize a lot about Americans as I started to hammer down on getting fit, I changed my life all the way around and got slapped for it by people.

I called my cable company to cancel my cable after my bill cycle, simple right?
    I was getting too active to be home and watch it and at the price, I could buy the series I liked for a 1/3 rd of the price..

over a half hour on the phone the worker tells me no one cancels tv!
    I had the distrect manager on my door not a month later telling me I had to sign up as I need cable not just internet.
    He came three times, the trucks were parked by our pole for weeks till I said I would file a complaint, he just knew I was stealing cable cause no one has ever canceled tv.

So I later made another change, any store within 3 miles of me I will walk to and leave the car at home.
    This will help me not only get fit but shop wiser as car trip to Sam's is only once a month now.
    I must walk if I want something bad enough. ( 2 liter soda fell off the list back when I was carrin the bags, just not worth it)

I bought a shopping buggie aka granny cart, I did one month of carrin the items, I came to know I am no xena of pack muling it.

I can only go out with it in the mornings, too many people yelling at me from cars about it sucks to be poor don't it? to hey did the monthly check not cover the bus? more was said but you get the pic.

I thought it was just some people till I went to the hardware store well known chain, to price a rug shampooer a friend of my hubbies needed one and I did not want to loan him mine, I sort of knew the mess and so not going into my machine, it was next to grocery store so popped in, ask about delivery as I wanted to make sure it got there, well before i could say he would drive it back so just one way she comes out with the housing units are not 1/4 mile from here, boss makes deals to yous in the units all while looking at my shopping buggie. Not racist but assuming I was too poor to own a car with having a granny buggie.

No one to date has ever thought my buggie is for fitness, that I choose to use it instead of the car.

We here have made it so the people themselves accept lack of will as a norm. Any effort to anything is viewed as odd behavior.

I have heard people say I was nuts to walk take the car as your icie will melt that way, 1x a month i get an ice drink 227 cal. I will walk to it and walk back every time.

It is sad people accept an unhealthy way of life, but here it is norm.
    In America the people make it hard for anyone to do something for fitness, I felt like giving up my cart many times, but my health is worth the "experience" sort of, from others I get by using it.

TTG

For as many health problems as exist in America, there are plenty of great health initiatives in America as well... As a country, sure, we have problems, and there's plenty that can be done to increase health; it's a work in progress, certainly. But as an American who lives abroad, I can tell you that other countries have just as many problems. Yup--just like America isn't perfect, other countries aren't perfect, either!

I suppose I just feel rather disgruntled when people make these generalizations about America, because it's truly NOT the norm that all Americans accept an unhealthy way of life. Not at all. It's one thing to hear these things from a foreigner, it's another to hear it from another American. But I also know for certain it is not the norm for Americans to have a lack of will, so that's a relief. :)
  • metalpalace
    metalpalace Posts: 576
    Options
    Japan when they first made planes to enter the national market found Americans were not booking with their airlines.
    After a study they had to re do the seats we would not fit in the ones made to fit a behind of adverage size set by world nat.

How to make a Japan car designer laugh, just say 64 oz cup holder to them.
    For America only they had to change the cup holder from 6 oz and 12 oz to American size 64 oz.

And none of this I have more, has made America wake up.

England and France have jokes, we may have long winding roads and stuffy old pubs but in America they have fast food on every corner!

You can try and blame tv gov. and the faze of the moon, but there will always be a bridge for sale.

I came to realize a lot about Americans as I started to hammer down on getting fit, I changed my life all the way around and got slapped for it by people.

I called my cable company to cancel my cable after my bill cycle, simple right?
    I was getting too active to be home and watch it and at the price, I could buy the series I liked for a 1/3 rd of the price..

over a half hour on the phone the worker tells me no one cancels tv!
    I had the distrect manager on my door not a month later telling me I had to sign up as I need cable not just internet.
    He came three times, the trucks were parked by our pole for weeks till I said I would file a complaint, he just knew I was stealing cable cause no one has ever canceled tv.

So I later made another change, any store within 3 miles of me I will walk to and leave the car at home.
    This will help me not only get fit but shop wiser as car trip to Sam's is only once a month now.
    I must walk if I want something bad enough. ( 2 liter soda fell off the list back when I was carrin the bags, just not worth it)

I bought a shopping buggie aka granny cart, I did one month of carrin the items, I came to know I am no xena of pack muling it.

I can only go out with it in the mornings, too many people yelling at me from cars about it sucks to be poor don't it? to hey did the monthly check not cover the bus? more was said but you get the pic.

I thought it was just some people till I went to the hardware store well known chain, to price a rug shampooer a friend of my hubbies needed one and I did not want to loan him mine, I sort of knew the mess and so not going into my machine, it was next to grocery store so popped in, ask about delivery as I wanted to make sure it got there, well before i could say he would drive it back so just one way she comes out with the housing units are not 1/4 mile from here, boss makes deals to yous in the units all while looking at my shopping buggie. Not racist but assuming I was too poor to own a car with having a granny buggie.

No one to date has ever thought my buggie is for fitness, that I choose to use it instead of the car.

We here have made it so the people themselves accept lack of will as a norm. Any effort to anything is viewed as odd behavior.

I have heard people say I was nuts to walk take the car as your icie will melt that way, 1x a month i get an ice drink 227 cal. I will walk to it and walk back every time.

It is sad people accept an unhealthy way of life, but here it is norm.
    In America the people make it hard for anyone to do something for fitness, I felt like giving up my cart many times, but my health is worth the "experience" sort of, from others I get by using it.

TTG

For as many health problems as exist in America, there are plenty of great health initiatives in America as well... As a country, sure, we have problems, and there's plenty that can be done to increase health; it's a work in progress, certainly. But as an American who lives abroad, I can tell you that other countries have just as many problems. Yup--just like America isn't perfect, other countries aren't perfect, either!

I suppose I just feel rather disgruntled when people make these generalizations about America, because it's truly NOT the norm that all Americans accept an unhealthy way of life. Not at all. It's one thing to hear these things from a foreigner, it's another to hear it from another American. But I also know for certain it is not the norm for Americans to have a lack of will, so that's a relief. :)

All great points! As far as a health care system that is a whole other ball of wax. As far as personal autonomy from person to person.... We are still the only nation of people, whos people has that dreaded 80 percent statistic as a result of diet choices and activity level AND the only nation with that unforgivable new phrase, onset of early childhood obesity.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I have to agree that we are a brain-washed culture. We've been raised to want more of everything, and to demand it now, because we have a sense of entitlement. We buy now, pay later. We overeat, over-indulge, and over-enjoy now and pay later.
    Well said;Sad but true. Stress is also a big killer-high blood pressure, heart disease, etc.