Quitting your job to travel -- anyone do it?

Options
124»

Replies

• bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    My buddy's recently did this. They went from where we live (Central Florida) on a 6,000 mile+ total road trip by car. They went literally across the united states, up near Canada and back, took them almost a month. Would love to do this.
  • Kai85
    Kai85 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Do it! So tempting...
  • chickabee5
    chickabee5 Posts: 90
    Options
    DO IT!!! Quit your job and go to the travel agents just don't even think about it! Lol, sorry, but I am planning to do the same thing save up for x amount of years (I'm only 20 so I have a while yet haha) and then go and travel the world for 2 years! Definitely do it! Life is too short to waist an amazing opportunity! Best wishes! =D
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    I would not worry too much about your job, after all for many of us, even if we stay in the same job there is always a fair chance that the job will end anyway!!!

Just go and enjoy it.

I wish I had done something like this before I had kids and a morgage!
  • britesideoflife
    britesideoflife Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Do it Do it Do it....my husband and I did loads of travelling before we settled down to have kids. We did Egypt, Thailand, Cambodia, Southern Africa, most of western Europe and some of Eastern Europe. It was the best few years of our lives....

We now have 2 small kids and our holidays are limited to camping trips nearby or 'easy' resort holidays. We love our kids more than anything but really miss the travelling and can't wait until the kids are older so we can shake the dust off our backpacks. So do it now before you get tied down!!!
  • jac264
    jac264 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    DO IT!!! Quit your job and go to the travel agents just don't even think about it! Lol, sorry, but I am planning to do the same thing save up for x amount of years (I'm only 20 so I have a while yet haha) and then go and travel the world for 2 years! Definitely do it! Life is too short to waist an amazing opportunity! Best wishes! =D

Yay! Best wishes to you too! I can't wait!