that awkward moment when...=(

Options
13»

Replies

• abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Aside from skinny friends that shop in different sections, does anyone have a friend that loads up her cart (TJ MAXX) just to get to the checkout and say, "I don't want these items." How embarrassing! She will even try on jewelry and have them hold it for her and never come back to get it. ??? I want to hide!

The cashier doesn't care. Lots of people hold stuff and don't come back. It's actually a tactic I use. I go through the whole mall put potential purchases on hold..work my way back through the mall in reverse and pick Up the things I want..forget the things I don't want. That way if I find something better a few stores down I don't have to hassle with returns!

Ps...size zero people can have butts... (in response to above reply)

Actually...the cashier does care, because they have to put that stuff back and it's a huge hassle, especially at the end of the day when you just want to go home after being on your feet all day :frown:
  • abberbabber
    Options
    you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.

I have been in that position :( What terrible people

I honestly think they just don't get it. I do have one girlfriend who insists nobody is staring at me. And maybe they're not...but it makes me uncomfortable.
  • TeeFee1492
    TeeFee1492 Posts: 1
    Options
    I think what really matters is how your clothes fit you and how you feel wearing them, not what size they are. My little sister is tiny (which make no sense because the rest of my family is bigger) and it drives me crazy as well. We just gotta hang in there and take it one day at a time :)
  • abberbabber
    Options
    This goes both ways though. I have 2 friends that are on the lower end of the sizes of Lane Bryant and when I go in that store or even the Plus section in JC Penney, EVERYONE, store clerks, customers, etc, give me the evil eye.

Just think of it this way, you are on a journey to not have to shop in different stores. That should keep you motivated! Every little bit helps!

:frown: Well that's not nice.

And yea, being able to shop in the "skinny girls" stores is actually listed as one of my motivations on my profile :laugh:
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Aside from skinny friends that shop in different sections, does anyone have a friend that loads up her cart (TJ MAXX) just to get to the checkout and say, "I don't want these items." How embarrassing! She will even try on jewelry and have them hold it for her and never come back to get it. ??? I want to hide!

The cashier doesn't care. Lots of people hold stuff and don't come back. It's actually a tactic I use. I go through the whole mall put potential purchases on hold..work my way back through the mall in reverse and pick Up the things I want..forget the things I don't want. That way if I find something better a few stores down I don't have to hassle with returns!

Actually...the cashier does care, because they have to put that stuff back and it's a huge hassle, especially at the end of the day when you just want to go home after being on your feet all day :frown:

actually NO they dont, or shouldnt...I was a retail manager for SEVERAL years at higher end stores..

"on hold" equals a potential sale...

potential sales equal higher revenue..

higher revenue means you get to keep your job.
  • abberbabber
    Options

actually NO they dont, or shouldnt...I was a retail manager for SEVERAL years at higher end stores..

"on hold" equals a potential sale...

potential sales equal higher revenue..

higher revenue means you get to keep your job.

"On hold" is different than "I changed my mind, I don't want this" and leaving it at the register. That's what I was talking about. On hold is awesome, if they come back for it :laugh:
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :drinker: .
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I hate going into a high-end department store that will only have the tiny sizes out front, like the 0s and 2s. That means I need to ask a sales associate if they have my size... awkward and embarrassing.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am 0-2 for american seizes depending on the brand, but hey there are also always 00 and in my country girls are mostly skinny fat and 00...which I can't get even if i become anorexic, because I have big bones! Really don't care about seize, cut it, if things fit well people may think it's a smaller seize sometimes Love your body now, not "later" when you reach your goals
  • squirrelygirl82
    Options
    you go shopping with your skinny friends and they go to the jr miss section but you have to go to the PLUS section ..sigh :grumble:

Or they drag you into stores you KNOW don't have your size. And you feel like everyone's looking at you and wondering why the fat chick is even IN that store.

OMG! Glad I'm not the only one! I freakin' hate that! I don't drag them into plus size stores!
  • devilsangel2
    devilsangel2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I get annoyed that there even is a plus sized section or store. Mens clothes here go from xxs to xxxxl all in one section - they don't have to feel ostracized for being larger than average. Why is it different for woman? :grumble: :grumble:
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been stuck in this situation so many times. I am very glad I'm not the only one to feel this way!!
  • beautifulblac84
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • abberbabber
    Options
    I get annoyed that there even is a plus sized section or store. Mens clothes here go from xxs to xxxxl all in one section - they don't have to feel ostracized for being larger than average. Why is it different for woman? :grumble: :grumble:

Good point!!

There's a Macy's here where all of the "girl" clothes are on one floor....except the plus sizes, which are on a completely separate floor. Every time I go in, I feel like I'm being exiled lol, like they don't want us shopping with the "beautiful people".