Getting in more protein....how do you do it?

Options
unicornpoop
unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
So, after seeing I'm only eating 16 to 25 % of my total calories in protein, I was wondering how I can get more in!. How do you get more protein and make your goals?

Replies

• SarahSwimmer
    SarahSwimmer Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    0% fat greek yogurt mixed with protein powder. I call it my protein paste and have (literally) a quart a day of it. Zero fat, although I want to up my fat. Also, 2% cottage cheese. Try cutting all carbs except fruits and veggies (no potatoes) and see how you feel. Brutal at first but now it rocks my world.
  • nn103
    nn103 Posts: 5
    Options
    To make sure I get my protein I take protein shakes like Cytosport Evopro or Muscle Mlik. Evopro has 26G of protein per serving and muscle milk has 32g.
  • dianacom
    dianacom Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use protein shakes and good old fashion meat-lean cuts of course.
  • carpp107
    carpp107 Posts: 99
    Options
    I do the same thing that saraswimmer does.....Greek Yogurt (non-fat plain), mix with protein powder and a serving of peanut butter......It is awesome and protein packed!!!!!
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Meat, fish, legumes, and protein shakes when those are not on the menu.
  • FlyeredUp
    FlyeredUp Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of venison and tuna steak, eggs, turkey, chicken an at least one whey protein shake to get my 225 + grams of protein per day. Greek yogert just doesn't have enough grams of protein to spend that amount of my daily calories on.
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    I add powdered peanut butter to my 2% Greek yogurt I also make a special protein shake in the morning. I also eat reduced fat string cheese, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs and protein bars.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I eat a lower carb meals that are higher in protein- snack on nuts or cheese during the day- really helps with my protein intake.
  • enewsome2
    enewsome2 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Just started increasing my own protein: chicken breast, eggs, protein powder, cottage cheese and nuts are all good and healthy sources.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    tons of chicken/tuna and whey protein isolate
  • Maxylicious
    Maxylicious Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    invest in a good protein powder and start eating beans! lol
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    MEAT.
    Chicken, Turkey, Pork, BEEF
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    protein powder
    tofu
    cottage cheese
    greek yogurt
    egg whites
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    oh, and big, juicy scotch fillet steak :D
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    proteinpow.com is one site w/ protein centered recipes.

sprinkle vanilla protein powder (or any flavor) on food. on cereal, mix it in with milk, oatmeal, on ice cream. even use it in mac and cheese or cooking.

also OIKOS greek yogurt of course (all other greek yogurts are made by little girls) and chicken...beef is kinda fatty.
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    Whey protein, dairy products, Luna Bars, and almonds!
  • onmyway1101
    onmyway1101 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Chicken Chicken and some more Chicken
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I eat three live chickens for breakfast... then I log the extra calories I burned because chasing down those chickens is hard work.
  • iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    lean meats (mostly chicken)
    eggs
    tuna
    peanut butter
    almonds
    greek yogurt
    cheese
    other dairy
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,082 Member
    Options
    My dinner, which I'm enjoying as I type = a can of tuna, a large stalk of chopped celery, one TBSP of light mayo, some pickle relish, and pepper. . .nom.