Getting in more protein....how do you do it?

Options

Replies

• madmex569
    madmex569 Posts: 49
    Options
    All i eat is chicken, tuna, and i snack on string cheese. All protein. Very lean. No carbs.
  • katemme
    katemme Posts: 191
    Options
    I eat three live chickens for breakfast... then I log the extra calories I burned because chasing down those chickens is hard work.

respect.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Quest protein bars, almonds, cheese, meat.
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Lean Ground turkey
    Yogurt of various varieties (both greek on occasion and plain live active cultures yogurt).
    Cottage Cheese.
    Canned Tuna.

Eggs and frozen flounder fillets also make their way into my diet on occasion.

The top four make up part of my meals every day.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    My diary is open - I get 130-150g most days. I use one scoop of protein powder to get 23 grams, but the rest is from "real" food...eggs, chicken, greek yogurt, etc.
  • Hucko3
    Hucko3 Posts: 3
    Options
    EAS 100% Whey 23g twice a day - best taste for protein shakes by far.
    Detour Protein bars 15g once a day on weight training days
    Usually a mix of peanut butter, peanuts, lean meats- turkey, chicken, skim milk.

I avg 140g a day, but that is what is recommended for me.

Its important that you drink a lot of water with high protein intake.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    100% egg whites! Each serving is 25cal w/5g of protein. I like having 5-6 servings with whatever I'm eating for one of my meals (even w/just string cheese & veggies sometimes)
  • hbm616
    hbm616 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in this...I only eat meat once a day, sometimes not at all but I do eat eggs and greek yogurt and protein powder and nuts. I still seem to overdo it with the carbs most days and fall short on my protein goals.
  • Klamber26
    Klamber26 Posts: 212
    Options
    chocolate protein powder makes an awesome coffee creamer
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Protein powder (I use one that is wheat free and has no added sugar and no artificial sweeteners so I have to mix it with something besides just milk)

Cottage cheese (in smoothies only... can't stand the texture otherwise, but it'll thicken a smoothie right up).
    "All whites" 100% liquid egg whites (in smoothies or scrambled).
    Peanut butter.
    4 oz low sodium / gluten free deli turkey for a mid morning snack
    edamame
    Chicken breast
    Boneless trimmed pork chops.
    Fish

With everything, I try to get things with as few ingredients as possible. I use peanut butter that's just ground up peanuts, egg whites that don't have sugar added, etc.

Good luck!
    Jen
  • taradeclan
    taradeclan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Agree with many....also usually short on my protein.

Personal favorites -
    cottage cheese, greek yogurt, almonds, quest bars (only available online), PB2 (powdered peanut butter - you can mix to a paste or add to yogurt, oatmeal etc)
    canned tuna
    seafood - tilapia

Need to find a reasonably well priced and healthy protein powder - I've been using Aria - I think from Trader Joes.
  • tskaay
    tskaay Posts: 8
    Options
    I had the same trouble! I started with two scrambled eggs for breakfast, and added 6 - 8 oz. yogurt after workouts and as a snack. who knew?
  • Lampy00512
    Lampy00512 Posts: 117
    Options
    @carpp107, how much protein powder do you add to the yogurt, a scoop? && does it make the yogurt taste less noticeable? I've tried an insane amount of yogurts and just cannot handle the taste! It's been a few years, and I want to try again to see if my taste for it has changed. The powder in it actually sounds somewhat tasty :smile:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    My diary is public. Knock yourself out.
  • jjulia71
    jjulia71 Posts: 1
    Options
    I like nuts but not sue which ones ar better for you
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    sargento cheese sticks...
  • IamJacksColdSweat
    IamJacksColdSweat Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is always 2-3 eggs and some turkey bacon, and then I usually have chicken for lunch and dinner (sometimes ham for dinner) and nuts for snack. I'm usually over my goal- today I am 57 grams over.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I eat three live chickens for breakfast... then I log the extra calories I burned because chasing down those chickens is hard work.

LMAO!

Eggs, chicken, honey/cinnamon Kashi oatmeal, Kashi crunch cereal, peanut butter, peanuts, greek yogart, and a protein shake a day. I eat A LOT!

Good Luck :)
  • malins2
    malins2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Whey protein powder
    Protein bars
    Cottage cheese
    Greek yogurt
    chicken, tuna and eggs