Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    i am ""50"" today
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Cathy! Where ya been? Just crazy with the move and everything, I suppose.... Let us know how things are going with you.
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Great Morning All!!

I just weighed myself and have already reached my six week goal of 240lbs! Originally my goal was 244 but I dropped a bit of water weight at the beggining and lowered my goal to 240. My next goal is to be 235 by my birthday on Aug 20th!

Woot! *does happy dance*

Thank you all for being such an inspiration and for being motivating. I couldn't have done this without you.

Take care,
    Tammy
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    i am ""50"" today

Happy Happy Happy Birthday To You!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    i am ""50"" today

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CATHY!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mjheinrich
    mjheinrich Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cathy, Happy Birthday to you today! Mine is next week and the only thing good about getting older for runners is new age groups except mine doesn't put me in one this year!

Tammy, How wonderful that you met your goal already! keep up the good work...you are an ispiration to us all!

Robin, you mentioned Podrunner in a prior post. That's one my sister told me about and I use it on occasion just since I get tired of hearing my same old music all the time. I can usually really get into a beat with it.

I keep losing and gaining about the same 2-3 lbs all the time. I am up one day, down the next, etc but seem to still be 'stuck'. I"m running lots just like a few others on this group and did a great 10 miler this morning but I know that lots of exercise means you also have to keep refueled to keep going. Its a tough balance. Being within 5 lbs of goal I"m not quite ready to starve myself to get there and am working to maintain and hoping that slowly...gradually...I'll make it. Was hoping this 6 weeks would be it but not sure that's gonna happen!

Its a nice cool day in Indianapolis today. Hope everyone else is enjoying their Sunday!
    Martha
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Popping in to say hi. No time to read updates right now. Will read and do personals later.

Planning to go hiking tomorrow morning with a friend, grabbing bbq for lunch, then a winery tour in the evening!! I can't wait!

xo
  • pettmybunny
    Options
    Ooooh, Lauryn, sounds like you have a fun day planned!

Martha, right now I'm using Suz's podcast for C25K. Although I did like the sample from podrunner. I just like words more, lol... I understand about gaining and losing the same pounds over and over, I've been hovering at this same weight since January. Admittedly, I haven't been 100% committed that whole time, I'd probably have lost more if I'd been more so.

Rhiannon, hope your race went well... That was this weekend, wasn't it?

Hope Kristin is having a good vacation.

Hellos to Tamm, Tammy, Tiff, AmyLou, and all the others I've missed...

Got up this morning and did the week 2 day 1 of C25K. It went well. Getting ready to do one of my yoga videos, I noticed my knees were tight this morning, so I know I need to start stretching better. I've read that you burn up to 3 times more fat if you exercise first thing in the morning, before you eat. What do you all think about that. About the only thing I notice is that I'm a bit slower. When I go for C25K in the afternoon, I am about 3 minutes faster than when I go on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. Anyways, off to do my yoga, then shower. Or maybe yoga, then eat, then shower. Hmmmmm, have a good day everyone!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Cathy!

Robin, my half marathon is in October :wink:

Lauryn, sounds like fun!

Hi everyone, just checking in quickly!! :flowerforyou:
  • pettmybunny
    Options

Robin, my half marathon is in October :wink:

Guess I was a little off... lol
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Cathy- Happy Birthday

Lauryn- Sounds like lots of fun! Variety is a good way to stay focused.

Congrats on meeting your goals early Tammy!

YAY to all the other sixers!!! For sticking with your goals. Everyday we might not get the results we want but BOY do they add up!!!

Love ya ladies!!!

Tamm:flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    The new thread for week five is ... http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/60707-sixers-turning-up-the-heat-week-five ... see you all there :wink: