What is your end of the day snack?

Options
I have been having peanuts because I like to eat them slowly with my tea, but they always put me over in my macros for fat. I need to find a different evening snack that is protein...

What is your evening snack?

Replies

• chellebelle315
    Options
    low fat turkey, almost always, and low fat cottage cheese or a slice of multi-grain bread. The turkey helps me bump up the protein macro which is always a struggle for me.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt:)
  • OccupyFitness
    OccupyFitness Posts: 147
    Options
    Turkey would be good. I also seem to end up with some protein to make up and yet I want to stray towards the fats&sats... Maybe I should get some ham cubes.
  • cypspade
    cypspade Posts: 8
    Options
    I cup strawberries mixed with 1/2 cup cottage cheese. only 140 calories 9 grams protein and tastes great
  • hkatrobos
    hkatrobos Posts: 49
    Options
    peanut anything is a weakness of mine as well... i just had a plain unsalted rice cake with a TBS of crunchy PB... andddddd i want another

so i might! :blushing:
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Usually some salmon or tuna with some kind of dressing, or grilled cottage cheese and something on toast, today I am having creamed rice with a bit of jam, yum.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Usually a small square of dark chocolate! :heart: Sometimes an ounce of reduced fat cheddar. Depends on my cravings - sweet or salty...

ETA: Yeah, I didn't read. You want protein. My chocolate isn't helpful, but the cheese has a significant amount.
  • Bubu20
    Bubu20 Posts: 24
    Options
    yogurt, or some pineapple
  • DanitWasHere
    DanitWasHere Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Half a multigrain tortilla with a thin layer of peanut butter and honey drizzle!
  • bjdw1
    bjdw1 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A couple of small glasses of red wine.
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    Sliced apple with a TBSP of PB :)
  • shellie1206
    shellie1206 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    cereal with my fave almond milk or some kind of fruit :)
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Sliced apple with a TBSP of PB :)

^^ This.

Sometimes I will have a string cheese and a serving of pretzel crisps.
  • peachied
    peachied Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    string cheese!
  • iKapuniai
    iKapuniai Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    My very new favorite is a banana cream whey shake... I JUST purchased some GNC pro performance banana cream whey a couple days ago and was blown away at how good it was... which is really weird to say because I usually HATE the taste of most protein powders lol
  • Bikerjewelz
    Bikerjewelz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    100 cal popcorn *blush*
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    popcorn!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt or homemade popcorn --- if you care about your sodium, watch out for that cottage cheese/string cheese stuff before bed....
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm having an apple and a cheese stick. Last night I ate half a large watermelon. I'm breastfeeding and need to be eating about 3000 calories a day. I eat whatever I can at night since I seem to have a hard time eating during the day.
  • JoniRiaya
    JoniRiaya Posts: 79
    Options
    peanut anything is a weakness of mine as well... i just had a plain unsalted rice cake with a TBS of crunchy PB... andddddd i want another

so i might! :blushing:

This has been my snack of choice almost every night lately!! Except I add chocolate chips to it. Maybe not the best but it makes me happy and it's the only sweet I have for the day so I don't feel too guilty. :)