28 diet tips

Options

Replies

• frostypenn
    frostypenn Posts: 7
    Options
    It depends on your body/metabolism type. I'm good with this. For people of our type who don't already know these rules, they can be life-changing. Anything that makes dieting easier, feel better, and more effective is worth a try to see if it works for you.

To anyone who disagrees with others' advice: say, it' doesn't work for me but everyone's different." Please don't imply that the person is wrong.
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    A lot of really good advice.. but some of your advice is impossible to follow. It would b impossible to eat 30 grams of fiber and not eat carbs?? You can eat carbs and still lose fat. It is about what carbs you are eating. Gluten free really has nothing to do with losing fat. Most gluten free items are highly processed and just full of sugars and oils, unless you do natural grains like buckwheat, quinoa (but then we are back to carbs). Why eliminate soy? Edamame are amazing.. protein, fiber.. awesome.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body/metabolism type. I'm good with this. For people of our type who don't already know these rules, they can be life-changing. Anything that makes dieting easier, feel better, and more effective is worth a try to see if it works for you.

To anyone who disagrees with others' advice: say, it' doesn't work for me but everyone's different." Please don't imply that the person is wrong.

these are not "rules". these suggestions will not make dieting easier. I am not just implying most of the list is wrong...I am being very clear...most of the list is wrong.
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Your list makes sense. Everything my trainer has always told me. Its difficult but do-able. Everyone is different but a lot if not all on your list makes for healthy lifestyle. :-):smile:

get a new trainer.

exactly
  • frostypenn
    frostypenn Posts: 7
    Options
    For people sensitive to the casein or lactose in milk, they might still be able to tolerate whey, which is made from the stuff after the casein (cheese) is removed and is low in sugar (lactose) too. Like me. Just a thought. Give it a try, and also discriminate between whey-only and whey- with added protein isolates and hydrolysed protein. Those can be icky.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    A lot of really good advice.. .

actually, it is a lot of really bad advice
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nice broscience. Do what works for you, drink water, eat less, move more.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

YOU ARE NOT DIFFERENT.
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html

We are all the same species, everyone is NOT different.

This list is pretty much a couple common sense ideas, and a whole lot of old, debunked myths.
  • bashiera
    bashiera Posts: 140 Member
    Options

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • thiscanbedone
    thiscanbedone Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I prefer these three:

1. Eat what you like and make it healthy 80% of the time
    2. Do exercise you enjoy
    3. Make sure 1 and 2 leave you at a sensible calorie deficit
    Loved it! Now these are my rules too :)
  • fontinathefox
    fontinathefox Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    (90% of cleanses are retarded)

Um...is this the scientific term? Or the opinion of this 'professionalist' you speak of?
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I prefer these three:

2. Do exercise you enjoy

This. The rest of it is pretty much personal choice not gospel truth.
  • cowgirlashlee
    cowgirlashlee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I prefer these three:

2. Do exercise you enjoy

I agree with these, although, I admit, #28 gave me a good laugh in the original list as well.
  • MinkyMoo13
    MinkyMoo13 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Nice broscience. Do what works for you, drink water, eat less, move more.

Defo agree!!!
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    i agree with 1 and 2... I mostly disagree with all the rest, except maybe the 1200/1600 calorie thing. I think people should eat at a modest calorie deficit... and I don't like it when people et below those numbers, BUT I also don't like semi-arbitrary hard-and-fast thou-shall-not type rules... and the 1200/1600 calorie thing fits. If someone is being supervised by a doctor and being smart about it, then... 1000 calories is probably okay.
  • irenephillip824
    Options
    Bump
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    interesting...
  • saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    If you're smart enough to weed out the bullsh*t stuff about carbs, 4L of water and no gluten etc, you don't need this list. If you aren't smart enough - don't read this list!
  • bethb4
    bethb4 Posts: 48
    Options
    I like the K.I.S.S approach. (Keep It Simply Simple)
    Eat foods as close to how they are in nature as a general rule. But, don't over think it. There is no general rule that will work for everyone.

Or Keep it Simple Stupid :P