What's for dinner??

Options
mmsilvia
mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
I know it's early but, I have chicken tacos cooking in my crock pot. I can't wait until dinner time!! What are you having for dinner tonight??

:smile:

Replies

• kmacgera
    kmacgera Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Home-made falafel, hummus, and salad. The family will have pitas. If I can manage it I'll buy tahini to make the sauce.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Probably a big stir fry with ginger/soy marinated tofu, snow peas, onions, carrots, mung bean sprouts, bell peppers, broccoli and brown rice
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Jamaican Jerk chicken with yellow rice and pineapple salsa...yum!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breast. I don't know what to do with it though, feeling stuck on ideas. I also need to go to the store sometimes today too!

Still deciding, bake it or on the grill? Depends how I plan to make it up I guess. A side will be a vegetable, I will probably .. again .. have a side salad with mine. Not sure what else if anything.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I haven't the slightest clue. We are going out but not sure where yet. I'm hoping Mexican.
  • Michele7091
    Michele7091 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Turkey Burgers. No clue what we're having with it yet.
  • carly_pear
    carly_pear Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Bean and cheese burritos loaded with lettuce, salsa and sour cream!!!
  • guardian419
    guardian419 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Chicken Breast and Penne, in a tomato sauce with spinach. and baked... dunno what else is going in it, as I haven't made it yet :)
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'm going to an event tonight, so dinner was lunch and evening food will hopefully be something along the lines of crudites and sliced fruit.

Now dinner *last* night was awesome. Slices of lean veal shoulder marinated in soy sauce and garlic powder and grilled, on top of a bed of baby lettuces, served with a Persian cucumber and half a tomato. Homemade popcorn for dessert.
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf, garlicky mashed cauliflower, steamed carrots and broccoli.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I bought a cooked seasoned chicken from Lows( I pull it of the bone and eat it for a couple of days). I am having chicken over some good old salad...
  • fairestthings
    fairestthings Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I have no idea but hearing your guys' dinners is making me salivate! All I want is a huge taco and enchilada!!! CHEEESE PLEASE!!!
  • messe_jesse
    messe_jesse Posts: 16
    Options
    Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken from skinnytaste.com with steamed broccoli. Yum, can't wait.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Bobby Flay's Greek chicken. I highly recommend googling the recipe. It's insanely good. We use boneless breasts in place of the whole chicken though. Easy, healthy, weeknight meal. And all you have to clean is the cutting board and knife!
  • LaceyCwell
    LaceyCwell Posts: 45
    Options
    Boneless skinless chicken breast. I don't know what to do with it though, feeling stuck on ideas. I also need to go to the store sometimes today too!

Still deciding, bake it or on the grill? Depends how I plan to make it up I guess. A side will be a vegetable, I will probably .. again .. have a side salad with mine. Not sure what else if anything.

I love using skinless chicken breasts for EVERYTHING. I using boil them and then shred them with a fork to make chicken tacos or enchiladas. Or I will cut it up and and bell peppers to make kabobs to throw on the grill. We cant buy enough chicken breasts!
  • snowgrrl83
    snowgrrl83 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    5oz filet mignon with french baguette bread and broccoli...mmmm.. filet mignon!
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Not entirely sure yet - I'm supposed to go out for dinner to Swiss Chalet for a friend's birther.. so most likely something with chicken *lol*
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

I love using skinless chicken breasts for EVERYTHING. I using boil them and then shred them with a fork to make chicken tacos or enchiladas. Or I will cut it up and and bell peppers to make kabobs to throw on the grill. We cant buy enough chicken breasts!

That's the problem. I tend to make the same thing over and over. Chicken tacos, Chicken with peppers, Chicken grilled with veggies on the grill.

I know if I put my mind to it, I could get creative, but it gets difficult because I tend to keep a lot of the same stuff in the house, so it feels limited at times.
  • knittingbandmom
    knittingbandmom Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried chicken breasts with light Zesty Italian dressing poured over them, sprinkled with a little Parmesan cheese and baked? This is one of my kid's favorites and so easy. I usually toss some zucchini and/or yellow squash on the side with wild rice and call it dinner.
  • MarthasVineyard
    MarthasVineyard Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    That sounds good and I love using my crock-pot. Would you mind sharing the recipe? I'm making grilled shrimp, quinoa and sugar snap peas.