• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    e6b65c1fee72365a09d990c90f5ceeee140b6413.gifv
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    zpd8qja9osyi.png

My husband and I always laugh when we're walking around Rome. The sidewalks are full of tables and chairs on busy streets full of traffic. Lot's of tourists. My husband asks me "Why would all these tourists want to sit right next to a busy street full of cars and exhaust fumes?" My reply, with a laugh, is "Because they think that's what the Italians do".
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Esattamente. @snowflake954 That's taking it to the razor's edge, sitting right on the curb. Heckatoot, nooo.

We have a new program where the kids read to cats at the shelter. As for the dogs, we buy 'em books and buy 'em books and all they want to do is eat the covers. I guess it's time for them to start using their heads - besides something to part their ears with. Wanna make a bet, those critters will have everything memorized in no time at all.

Regrets, Snow. Regrets will dog you around and follow you to the grave. Regret is a driver. It prevents you from living in the present when you're always reaching back to right a wrong. You and I know about looking back to the leeks and onions. ;) You become so tied up wishing your partner was that picture-perfect ideal you have cooked up in your head.

Regret can be the perpetual carrot held in front of the horse. When you fulfill all your obligations and responsibilities then you can reach back to the past. You go back to the past and pick that person UP. No, you can't. Time shifts everything.

I know that I know that I know, they got it right the first time. And that's one beautiful soul.

Regret causes neglect. We neglect what's right in front of us and that turns everything into horsesheet. Regret is good when we change our ways and learn from our mistakes. Regret is a fence. A wall. A barrier. It's a defense against loving what you've got with everything that you have. Regret becomes a hiding place. You can always go there, falling back into an imaginary life of smoke and dreams.

Regret causes you to retreat and hide from loving what you've got that's right in front of you. We need to learn and gain insight from our mistakes. That awareness causes us to change.

Pain is the precursor to change.

Change is good but we don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Regret for others can cause you to engage with others and right those wrongs. Self-regret will drive, drive, drive you without an antidote for the pain.

Engage with your life. It will be filled with UP and down experiences. Pain, loss, disappointments, deaths and happiness and joy.
    Sheer joy and unspeakable beauty. There is life after regret. Let it eat your dust. The sooner you let it goooo, the happier and healthier you will be.

• Hiawassee88
    Options
    You only live once but Bond lives a bunch of times.

https://youtu.be/RTiDKcFGpCQ?t=5
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    Time to jam in the van.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    gcv5mt4xugch.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    oba1jwtynn0h.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    There are hidden shores within us. Places we will never reach, places that will reach us instead.

Growing Orbits
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    aklg0euq5rxh.png