Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    5E5Dhh.gif
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Esattamente. @snowflake954 That's taking it to the razor's edge, sitting right on the curb. Heckatoot, nooo.

We have a new program where the kids read to cats at the shelter. As for the dogs, we buy 'em books and buy 'em books and all they want to do is eat the covers. I guess it's time for them to start using their heads - besides something to part their ears with. Wanna make a bet, those critters will have everything memorized in no time at all.

Regrets, Snow. Regrets will dog you around and follow you to the grave. Regret is a driver. It prevents you from living in the present when you're always reaching back to right a wrong. You and I know about looking back to the leeks and onions. ;) You become so tied up wishing your partner was that picture-perfect ideal you have cooked up in your head.

Regret can be the perpetual carrot held in front of the horse. When you fulfill all your obligations and responsibilities then you can reach back to the past. You go back to the past and pick that person UP. No, you can't. Time shifts everything.

I know that I know that I know, they got it right the first time. And that's one beautiful soul.

Regret causes neglect. We neglect what's right in front of us and that turns everything into horsesheet. Regret is good when we change our ways and learn from our mistakes. Regret is a fence. A wall. A barrier. It's a defense against loving what you've got with everything that you have. Regret becomes a hiding place. You can always go there, falling back into an imaginary life of smoke and dreams.

Regret causes you to retreat and hide from loving what you've got that's right in front of you. We need to learn and gain insight from our mistakes. That awareness causes us to change.

Pain is the precursor to change.

Change is good but we don't need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Regret for others can cause you to engage with others and right those wrongs. Self-regret will drive, drive, drive you without an antidote for the pain.

Engage with your life. It will be filled with UP and down experiences. Pain, loss, disappointments, deaths and happiness and joy.
    Sheer joy and unspeakable beauty. There is life after regret. Let it eat your dust. The sooner you let it goooo, the happier and healthier you will be.

When I look at every major change in my life, I was always pushed into it by pain, sadness, anger, unhappiness. I believe we need a BIG PUSH sometimes to go a different way. If things are status quo, we just sit there because it's comfortable to do that. EVERY good change I've made has come about this way. I've noticed it in the ones I love too.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    6zjbwn7xipvq.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    muppets-muppet-show.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    muppets-muppet-show.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    door-closed-go-out.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    muppets-muppet.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    ThinRapidGilamonster-max-1mb.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    tumblr_pqf41lbePG1wzypxlo1_640.gifv
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Hello, Charles? I would run after your car and lick your tires. I lurve the way Charles breathes into the telephone. They could've kept the girl out of the video, completely. Sappy. Dancing around in her underpants. Sooo silly. She's going to break the sink.

• Hiawassee88
    Options
    06d1f852-ff9c-4104-ad03-12927ba5153e_text.gif

Breathe into the telephone the way Charles does. Try it tonight.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    dog-kiara.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @snowflake954
    When I look at every major change in my life, I was always pushed into it by pain, sadness, anger, unhappiness. I believe we need a BIG PUSH sometimes to go a different way. If things are status quo, we just sit there because it's comfortable to do that. EVERY good change I've made has come about this way. I've noticed it in the ones I love too.

It takes true grit. Pain is the precursor to change and that includes making major changes with your health and weight. If we do what we've always done we will get what we've always gotten. Mostly nothin'.

You can't expect changes overnight when you've been doing the same things for years and decades. The brain is a stubborn mule and it wants you to throw in the towel if you make one mistake on a daily or weekly basis. That all or nothing thinking with dieting and exercise is the pathway to defeat.

The brain is quite happy when we fall back into the status quo. It likes the easy way to and out of everything.