Songs that are on your mind

Options

Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited April 2022
    Options

The afterburner, @snowflake954 This one reminds me of you. 🥰😍 I see you by the jukebox picking out this song and drifting off into thought. That's what I do. 🤣

My cousins and I just hang UP the phone when we're done. We never say Goodbye.
    Closure. Is there really such a thing. Not for me. I don't flatline anyone out of my life. Nuh huh. I linger long on the happy times because we just never know. They might be standing by the side of the road with their car broke down or without an electrical charge in the middle of nowhere. You might have to give them a ride some day and not to the train station like Rip. Oooo, I suppose I could throw 'em a dirt sandwich as I sail on by but that's not my nature.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

The afterburner, @snowflake954 This one reminds me of you. 🥰😍 I see you by the jukebox picking out this song and drifting off into thought. That's what I do. 🤣

My cousins and I just hang UP the phone when we're done. We never say Goodbye.
    Closure. Is there really such a thing. Not for me. I don't flatline anyone out of my life. Nuh huh. I linger long on the happy times because we just never know. They might be standing by the side of the road with their car broke down or without an electrical charge in the middle of nowhere. You might have to give them a ride some day and not to the train station like Rip. Oooo, I suppose I could throw 'em a dirt sandwich as I sail on by but that's not my nature.

You're right, I love this song---thanks.

I'll tell a story about goodbyes.

Before I got here, so around 40 yrs ago, my husband's only sister (older by 2 years) went down to Puglia with an aunt and cousin for a baptism. She was to be the godmother for the little girl. My husband's cousin drove (he was a fireman). Coming back, not far from their home town down there, they had a terrible car accident. This was before seatbelts here, and his sister was thrown from the car. His sister and cousin died, while the aunt in the back seat was badly injured, but saved. No one saw the accident, it was on an interstate, and they think a truck was involved. It was in the middle of nowhere and a nearby gas station just heard a crash and then went to look.

Since that tragedy, the whole family gathers (kiss-kiss on the cheeks) to say goodby when anyone is leaving. They all stand around the car and wave. The only thing missing is a band playing. They now know that it might be the last time you see your loved ones.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    @snowflake954 Absolutely. Thanks for sharing that.
    We don't say Goodbye because no one wants to think of it as the last time. There's kisses and hugs all around. We believe the top brass keeps us connected. We say, 'We will see you, again.' Ain't no such thing as the lowest person on the totem pole around here.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options

@snowflake954 I try to find songs Char might like. Guess what, darth vader came back to life at the cemetery. He's standing tall with his arms in the air. Creepy @$$ dolls, he's 3 feet tall.
    'Is darth vader a villain? darth vader has been voted the greatest movie villain of all time. Heartless, dark....'
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    d4uz77rxw34u.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @snowflake954 Had to call the popo. I went out to the cemetery and two big men approached my truck as I was decorating. They were on foot. I left my purse on the seat but the truck was locked. They were checking the doors and looking through the window. I ran towards them and they ran for the entrance. Holy Crap. I didn't hesitate. I drove down the road but they ducked into the bushes. 5150, called the popo. They're going over there.

cute-smile.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    troopers.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    4b4ce2168f09ffc22633521eff3dfe53.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options