• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    Options
    fxwgm80d733s.png
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    Tom Murphy, "Never Ruin A Bear's Nap"

I think the perception of loneliness has to do with a feeling about wanting to be around other people. I like people a lot. But I find nature, particularly wild country, the most honest, clean and interesting thing I've ever encountered.
    It's not a matter of being lonely; it's a matter of being intrigued.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    @snowflake954 What's the most valuable thing you have....wisdom not to give someone the key to your safety deposit box at the bank. Don't be giving out your family 'secret recipes' on social media.

5hwyf1vbiad9.png

Actually, I think recipes are to share and change up to suit the user. I don't mind if someone takes my recipe and modifies it. If we all kept recipes close to the vest, I wouldn't have so much fun going online to find things. Also, you cook too and know that if you give a recipe to 10 different people, you'll get 10 different results. I think that's fun. I'd love to do that and see who made it in the best way.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    7es2b4hikyf1.png
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @snowflake954 I lurve your recipes. I meant the TMI secret family recipes that open UP your heart and life on social media. I buried those keys under 10 feet of snow and maybe I'll try to melt them down in a cast-iron skillet.
  • snowflake954
    Options
    @snowflake954 What's the most valuable thing you have....wisdom not to give someone the key to your safety deposit box at the bank. Don't be giving out your family 'secret recipes' on social media.

5hwyf1vbiad9.png

I didn't check out "The most valuable thing you own" thread yet, but I've been thinking (the gerbils are racing on that wheel in my head) and you know? I don't have anything that's all that valuable, and I have nice jewelry and other things, but it all pales when I think of the "real value" of my family and friends. Maybe it's my age, but what I've really got is without price. Thank you L..........
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @snowflake954 Your recipes are golden and I'm not just talking about food. The half has not been told.

Holy Moley, BFD Time. Blather and Foam Dream Time, but no one reads this but you, Cat and me now, do they? 🤣😅😂
    I used to delete myself. Now, I just bury myself.
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    cute-smile.gif
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • snowflake954
    Options
    @snowflake954 I lurve your recipes. I meant the TMI secret family recipes that open UP your heart and life on social media. I buried those keys under 10 feet of snow and maybe I'll try to melt them down in a cast-iron skillet.

Yep, you're generous and proud of your heritage and family. I love your stories and remember them. Treasures for sure. But this is a wide open platform and the whole world is listening and watching. Down in the weeds--it's safer.

I also know that Spring is knocking on your door and you'll be getting out and busy. Just like a grizzly. I'm getting busier as summer approaches and will be absent too. I'm always gone most of July, August and half of September. I'm busy at the beach and don't have internet there--give it a rest for awhile. However, something worries me. After the new rollout, this place is falling apart. Things don't work right and the whole platform might implode. I'm considering making a FR to you to give you my e-mail. Then if this place disappears, you can contact me if you want to. Maybe you or your family will swing by Rome one day and I can show you around--love to. You can always unfriend me as soon as you get it. I respect privacy.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    @Cat0703a There have been some new pixie sightings. I can't help myself. They have little outfits on. 🥰😍
    Just look at that tiny lil ribcage. Ain't it cute. If it is CGI, I can't let anyone ruin it for me.

https://youtu.be/yZI6tBFGjTk?t=350
  • Hiawassee88
    Options
    @snowflake954 I thought about that, too. I'm laying back in the weeds. We'll know when the time is right. I know I've posted a lorra lorra critter photos but I keep thinking that maybe some day someone will need to know what it looked like before it's filled up with ticky tacky multi-crap as far as the eye can see. I think you're coming home at a really good time. Couldn't be better timing. Timing is everything.
  • Hiawassee88
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Meanwhile, this fella is enjoying life. Another new one. I've never witnessed a bigfoot after all of these years I've spent in the woods. If I ever met a pixie, I would invite it home for supper or bring it a picnic lunch for an appointed time. A pixie basket.

https://youtu.be/aL5ck4hMurA?t=6