would you have a duck fit seeing a post about you???

Options
george29223
george29223 Posts: 556 Member
ive been on message boards for a good 15 years seen it time and time again people randomly blowing off steam about there partners not being supportive for one reason or another at home , what would you do if you sat on the computer a home and noticed your guy or gal posted something bad about you on a message board? ever have it happen?? forget to log off or left the screen open?

Replies

• glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    It's never happened to me but she doesn't hang on any message boards either.
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    My wife never posts anything so if I saw a post by "her" I would have to assume aliens abducted her and replaced her., and I would pray that this replacement was a nimpho.
  • Nerple
    Nerple Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    So long as no x-rated pictures were included.. ehh I don't care.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    That's why it's better to do your complaining to your partner instead of to strangers on the interwebs. Then you've only got one problem to fix and not two
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    yeah but what if they did or they forgot to close the screen and you seen it
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    my wife doesn't post on boards either - having said that

hypothetically, if she were to post about me on a board, i'm not sure i would care too much (provided it wasn't something super sensitive).
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Well, I'd be a bit annoyed that he didn't just say it out straight to me. If it was FB I'd be pissed off, but on a message board like this where nobody knows him or me in RL I wouldn't be too bothered
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Nah I'm not childish like that
  • Foxypoo61287
    Foxypoo61287 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    If he was ranting on FB and blocked me so I couldn't see that post, I'd be pissed. I have no home friends on this site, so to everyone I'm just foxypoo with a horrible SO. And if he posted on message boards I'd be like what ever. He never tells the truth anyways, so if he needs to tell people some b/s lie to make him feel better about himself, oh well...
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I'd be more worried about why she hasn't washed your underwear in over a month...
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    My fiance wouldn't ever post on forums....he always wonders why I do...haha
    That being said, if I ever did see something like that I'd confront him and ask him 'WTF'?
  • WongoWoman
    WongoWoman Posts: 21
    Options
    Depends on the post and who he was talking to. Knowing my husband, I would have to have done something pretty confusing or hurtful for him to talk to someone about it. We have very healthy communication. I can see him mentioning something like, "she spent 15 mins straight poking me in the arm saying "hey David! hey David! hey David" and when I answered with a WHAT?! she said, "nothiiinnnngg." That's about it. Most of my friends refer to him as "Poor David", so..... ok it wouldn't bother me if he needed to talk to a friend.
  • f1ctional
    f1ctional Posts: 235
    Options
    My wife never posts anything so if I saw a post by "her" I would have to assume aliens abducted her and replaced her., and I would pray that this replacement was a nimpho.

^^ that
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

That's simple...just confront them about it and let them know you aren't happy. It doesn't bother everyone else cuz they don't know who she is, but if it personally bothers you then you need to address the issue because that deals with your personal feelings.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good opportunity to troll her.

But she has never, ever, had a problem ranting about me to me. :D
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    if he did, I'd be pissed, but he's not that type, so no worries here...
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    I would start another thread talking about her. Hah!
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options

what did she say?
  • Purpleflipflops
    Purpleflipflops Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Eeeh, I'm single, So I don't really know how it is, but I don't think I would mind. That doesn't mean I wouldn't lurk in the messages to read what was going on, but, no....

I would want them to incorporate the term "Duck fit" into it, though. I've never heard that saying before, and I plan on using it in every conversation now.
  • littlemoonsandy
    littlemoonsandy Posts: 1,930
    Options
    It's never happened to me, but if it had I'd probably try to fix what ever they were complaining about, or maybe smother him while he was sleeping for being mean behind my back..jk