Peanut butter: Good for you or "junk food"....?

Options

Replies

• tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    PB on toast, pancakes, waffles, apples, bananas, in my protein shakes, on a spoon. ♥ my peanut butter.
  • GEMINI_STL
    GEMINI_STL Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I eat Natural Peanut Butter! Will be trying Almond Butter next, since it is said that it is even better than Natural Peanut Butter. Both are great Sources of Protein and good Fats!
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    junk. eat peanuts instead.
  • kristenlees122
    Options
    sitting with a jar and a spoon on the couch: junk food
    putting it on a bagel with sliced banana for breakfast: good for me :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I am a PB junkie. I get the Teddie brand all natural stuff and I put it on anything and everything. I eat it out of the jar as a snack (portion sizes only once a day). Love me my peanut butter!
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I have it everyday in some kind of form. I used the whipped peanut butter - 150 calories for 2 tbs. I usually have it on waffles in the morning for my breakfast. I love me some peanut butter.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Love it love it love it love it love it love it love it.
    I eat it daily.
    I want to live on an apple island in the middle of a peanut butter sea.

That sounds wonderful! :love:

I have an apple with natural peanut butter pretty much every day. I have peanut butter flavor in some form EVERY day!
  • sammyjammy85
    Options
    I've read that peanut butter, as long as consumed in moderation, is really good for you because it has "good" fats in it! If your really watching your calories you should just be aware of over consumption because most are 200 calories for every 2 Tbs. :) But as for me, I <3 peanut butter, its my addiction! I eat it almost every day.. yumm.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    For those of you that make your own PB at home, what do use for peanuts? Raw? Roasted? Roasted&Salted?

My local store has bulk raw cachews, maybe we'll make some of our own cachew butter. Gotta find a decent use for that magic bullet gathering dust next to the perfect pancake, egg wave, and anything else we should have gone to sleep rather than watching infomercials and buying **** we don't need.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    I determine whether or not something is junk food based on its ingredients, not the calories per serving. If it contains nothing but natural ingredients (no preservatives, no man-made chemical ingredients, etc.) I don't consider it junk food.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    How do I feel about peanut butter?

Hm...

Sort of like this:
    2193703_2989.jpg
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    It's healthful junk food. Try PB2 defatted peanut flour which makes a nice peanut spread that is low in calories.

Head slamming onto desk. PB2. PB2. no no no no no
  • steadk
    steadk Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You can try P2B, which is peanuts that are pressed so much that oil and water are out of it, so its a powder. its half the cals of reg pb, and you can just add to shakes, oatmeal whatever, or add water to get consistency of reg. pb. its delicious and about 5$ at the grocery store
  • Alisha_countrymama
    Alisha_countrymama Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Good for you in moderation.
  • grubester
    grubester Posts: 8
    Options
    Depends on the peanut butter. Lots of sugar in some heavily processed brands. Try PB2 as an alternative (typically found in the organic section). It's a dry powder with all the oil removed that you reconstitute with milk. Very low cal, and tastes awesome. Not quite as filling though...
  • krythie
    krythie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I buy my peanut butter at the local cooperative. Only ingredient is PEANUTS. Still, can't have a lot or everyday...nuts are high in fat.
    But it's so good, and makes a great hi-protein snack. Just don't eat a lot of it.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter in moderation is a great protein to add into your diet. I love it and try to eat it earlier in the day or before a workout. It keeps me full for awhile and packs in a good amount of protein. I go for the all natural stuff. I love peanut butter. I tried almond butter and it didn't taste that good at all to me.
  • MikeyD1280
    MikeyD1280 Posts: 5,257
    Options
    i use Naturally more, it's a smaller jar with a yellow lid. it's all natural with flaxseed, wheat germ, sugar, honey, egg white. all good stuff for you. I mix a tablespoon in my protein shakes :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It's healthful junk food. Try PB2 defatted peanut flour which makes a nice peanut spread that is low in calories.

Head slamming onto desk. PB2. PB2. no no no no no

I'm with you. Tried it once. That was enough.
  • mvarambul
    mvarambul Posts: 1
    Options
    I think that if you want to incorporate it in your diet, go for it. Maybe you have have it on days where one of your meals is a huge low calorie salad with chicken or something like that. Basically, you want to try to not end up feeling like you cant eat mugh for the rest of the day because you had peanut butter. I think you can have it everyday if you make the right food choices and have filling combinations. I love to smear peanut butter on an apple sliced in half!