Couch-to-5K - Who's In?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• lythiam
    lythiam Posts: 32
    Options

On a down note, my left knee is starting to bother me some. It doesn't seem to bother me while I'm doing my thing on the treadmill, just afterwards. I may see if hubby will buy me some running shoes, because I'm positive it's the shoes I'm wearing. I have started to ice my knee down 1x/day so we'll see... maybe two consecutive days of rest will help.

Hope everyone else had a great week!!

Have you considered Vibrams? I couldn't run without 'em!
  • clynn517
    clynn517 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    <Raises Hand> ME! I ran a 5K on March 31st. Well, actually I ran about 3/4 of a mile and walked the rest. I'd love to sign up for another one in the fall and actually be able to RUN it. :)
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    On my last run, on Friday, I ran for 30 minutes straight at 4.7 MPH so I exceeded 2 miles! I'm going to continue to punch in my C25K app, but I'm going to see if I can run for 30 minutes every other day and then walk the rest (so that I hit 3.1 miles each day) until I am running a 5K in 30 minutes. I would never have believed that I would accomplish this in 6 weeks! AMAZING!!!! This program really works and the body can do so much more than we give it credit for!
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Yay Deb! So happy for you! Your plan is a great idea, I was thinking of doing the same thing myself. I am still at 4.0mph, but the fact is that I am at least jogging for 30 minutes straight. It is amazing! I am on week 9, but all that involves is 3 30-minute runs, so I am calling myself finished with the program and ready to move on. I will probably increase my speed by .1 or .2 mph each week.

I wish all of you who are still in the program the best of luck. I say if I can do it, then ANYONE can!
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    heya everyone! Just checking in as haven't been on the thread for a couple of weeks. I'm on week 8 now and cannot believe how far I have come! I run round a park that has a set distance per loop so I know how far exactly I'm running in the time and at the moment I am running a mile in about just under 9 minutes and today ran 5k in 28 mins.

I'm going to carry on with this week and next weeks podcasts because even though the music makes me feel like I'm in an early 90's cop show, it's motivating me whenever she pops on and says how far I've done. I guess I will need to create myself a playlist of some sorts for after - anyone have any tips on creating a running playlist or track recommendations?

Hope everyone is going strong and still enjoying the programme. :-)
  • bunnybeth14
    bunnybeth14 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    How's everyone getting on?! I managed to do 25 mins without stopping this week and covered 2.1 miles slow but steady but have been going back and repeating days because some days I'm just too tired to do the long ones! My 1 year old twins are pretty tiring so I'm shattered by the evening! But I'm still going jogging and I'm so happy about that so don't be afraid to go back a couple days if u need to I think as long as I'm out doing something it's better than sitting on the sofa with the fridge calling my name!!! Have a nice day :)
  • kreisad
    kreisad Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow I start Week 6. I've completed this program once before but then let myself get out of shape. After I finish this program, I would like to work on increasing my speed but I also want to try Bridge to 10K. Has anyone done either? Is there a certain way to improve endurance but also increase speed? It sounds like everyone is doing great. So happy for you all! :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 2!! :smile:

Same here. Week 3 is the easiest yet. I am going to add more to it tonight.