Couch-to-5K - Who's In?

Options

Replies

• mkissa2
    mkissa2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I start week 2 tomorrow. Week 1 felt great, so I am just worried about the upcoming weeks. The support of a group will be fantastic!
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Doing week 1 day 3 tomorrow. I know I can do that, but I'm a bit nervous about week 2!
  • maciec
    maciec Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 4 Day 2 today. I'm doing it on the treadmill though. I'm tied to the house by my 14mo. The only time I struggled so far was with W4D1 and I think it's because I took 2 days off inbetween runs. I'm really enjoying it so far. I must want to be able to run a mile without stopping!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Okay dumb question! How do I include someones comment in my response? I see the blue box in people comments where they are responding to someone elses post. I can't see to do this.
  • maciec
    Options
    See at he bottom of the posts where it says Quote - click on that on the post that you want to quote. Like if you want to quote my first post (not this one) go back to that post and click quote.

Just got done W4D2 and I think I sweated enough to fill a pool!
  • PixEm
    PixEm Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thank you Maciec!!!
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just finished day 3 of week 2 and I feel like a rock star!

A helpful tip is to just not feel like you have to be running fast. I think right now it's about the endurance, and being able to actually make it. Speed comes later. I am really taking it slow, with my fastest "run" time being 4.8mph today. I may do 4 days this week, can't hurt!

Glad to see everyone else is doing great! Keep it up, and don't worry about the next level - just say, "bring it on!!!"
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Definitely an amazing program that makes me proud of myself everytime I run! I started off a few weeks ago and the 90seconds were rough. It took all I had just to be able to get through those! I completed Week 6 Day 2 today which is 10mins run/3mins Walk/10mins run and I felt awesome! It definitely gets easier and I think I am starting to find a stride a tiny bit. I'm not so much trying not to die as I am trying to take deep breaths and realize that it can be done! It's pretty cool so I'm sticking with it! Keep up all the hard work- it truly WILL PAY OFF!!!!!:happy:
  • willpower5
    willpower5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I started on Monday so i'm now coming up on week 1 day 3. I tried starting a few weeks ago but had a hard time tracking my run time, this time i downloaded the app to my iphone and i love, love, love it. Turn on your music, then the GPS then select your day and hit start. it tells you when to run, when to stop, logs your distance/time, running and walking and saves it to a journal so you can see your progress.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm on W1Day3 today
  • shiobeh
    shiobeh Posts: 12
    Options
    Just finished week 1 day 3! Will be starting week 2 in 2 days time, and I'm quite scared. Hope I can endure the 90 second runs. :))
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I am definetly in!!! I started once and messed up but I'm going to start again!!! Thanks for asking!!
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    Tomorrow is my Week 2, Day 2 and I can't wait to go. I am so excited to have someone lined up to stay with my kids (who are off of school) so that I can go to the track and run! I just hope that I don't have GPS problems again!
  • JenR1008
    JenR1008 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out to lose weight. I have never run a day in my life but I am going to give this a shot. Doing something new just sounds good to me.
  • jesstiger81
    jesstiger81 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Another quick tip: When I am doing the last running segment of each workout, I add a little time to it. Just helps me to prepare for the next workout and the next week. Right now I am just adding 30 seconds to the last running segment. It helps!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Another quick tip: When I am doing the last running segment of each workout, I add a little time to it. Just helps me to prepare for the next workout and the next week. Right now I am just adding 30 seconds to the last running segment. It helps!
    this is a great tip. I'll try that.

I did week 4 day 2 yesterday. I actually ran for 5 minutes! My starting pace was a 11.5-min mile, and by the last minute it was closer to a 13-min mile but I did it without walking. It was the longest I've ever gone! Looking forward to the weeks to come
  • maciec
    Options
    Are you guys running on the road or treadmill? I'm just wondering how it's going to feel when I finally hit the road. I think that I am going to finish what I have started on the treadmill and then start all over? on the road. Thoughts?
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • amyram
    amyram Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm In! I'm on a mission to prove that the older crowd, (I'm 57) can get off the couch and get healthy! I'll start today.

Ditto I'm 50 and just finished w1d2 and I hurt all over, I didn't know you could take a day off in between. It's only 3 days per week. Oops.
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Am doing w1d3 tomorrow :) did a circuit today on the rest day.

Feel free to add me as a friend if anyone feels like a running buddy