Couch-to-5K - Who's In?

Options

Replies

• piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Did w1 d3 tonight. I noticed I'm only going 1.7k at the moment, hopefully this will improve.

I'm doing it on a crosstrainer with slight resistance, over winter, so hopefully when I start running outside (when it's warmer!) I'll be able to hit the 5k easily.
  • yallcallmedeb
    yallcallmedeb Posts: 294
    Options
    Are you guys running on the road or treadmill? I'm just wondering how it's going to feel when I finally hit the road. I think that I am going to finish what I have started on the treadmill and then start all over? on the road. Thoughts?

I am going to the track. I figure that the slightly padded surface is better for my knees than the road. I also find motivation/inspiration from the other folks at the track and I get some slight change of scenery...not staring at one place across the room. The treadmill might work for me if I could watch a movie or something while I do it. I don't have access to a treadmill so that eliminates that option all together but I tend to do better outside than I do inside just do to boredom level and attention deficit! :smile:
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I'm In! I'm on a mission to prove that the older crowd, (I'm 57) can get off the couch and get healthy! I'll start today.

Ditto I'm 50 and just finished w1d2 and I hurt all over, I didn't know you could take a day off in between. It's only 3 days per week. Oops.

I'm glad that I'm not the oldest in the group and I'll be looking to you two for inspiration! I will be 47 in 2 months and if you can do it, than I certainly can as well!

You are supposed to take off a day in between sessions in order to repair muscles! Don't over do it!!!
  • nikkim41
    nikkim41 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nikki - I am starting the Couch to 5 K workout today. I just started my weight loss journey this week and I have over 100 lb to lose. I stopped the caffeine this week and it took a few days for the fatigue to go away. I know that it is going to be hard but I am determined to do this. I did a 5 K about 5 years ago and would love to get to the point that I can do another one.
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Did w1 d3 tonight. I noticed I'm only going 1.7k at the moment, hopefully this will improve.

I'm doing it on a crosstrainer with slight resistance, over winter, so hopefully when I start running outside (when it's warmer!) I'll be able to hit the 5k easily.

Slow and steady as the say! It will add up, don't worry!!
  • kmel2479
    kmel2479 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Nikki - I am starting the Couch to 5 K workout today. I just started my weight loss journey this week and I have over 100 lb to lose. I stopped the caffeine this week and it took a few days for the fatigue to go away. I know that it is going to be hard but I am determined to do this. I did a 5 K about 5 years ago and would love to get to the point that I can do another one.

I think that this is awesome!! YOU CAN DO IT! :smile:
  • dshearrer
    dshearrer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am doing Week 1 Day 3 tonight, might have to wait for the sun to start setting since it is going to be mid 90's here today...I am loveing the feeling I am already getting...and my dog is loving it too...:-)
  • strawberrygashes
    strawberrygashes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I did day 1 of week 5 this morning, I was a little nervous but managed it even in this sweltering heat. My phone messed up too and so I ended up running more than I was meant to.

Like someone else said, don't focus on speed. At first I thought it was about speed and really struggled, when I slowed down my pace (approx 5 mph) I did a lot better. Speed can wait, right now its about endurance :)

Oh and I'm doing 30DS too. :)
  • jumptothebeat
    jumptothebeat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    hey everyone - glad to see so many peeps are joining in!

Completed day 3 of Week 1 this morning (having to go early as its the coolest part of the day at the mo). All going ok at the mo - I know at some point its going to get tough though!
  • johnny_66
    johnny_66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 Day 3. Can't wait to move on to week 3. It was 88 degrees out today, I lost 2 lbs while walking and running for 90 minutes.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I just did W3D2 last night.... anyone else just finishing up Week #3 ? I plan on doing the 3rd run tomorrow...

I usually do 3-5miles walk/runs... my goal and reason for doing this is to be able to run 3 miles NONSTOP ! hehe
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I did Week 2, Day 2 today and added on about 30 seconds to the final run like someone had suggested. I found the 90 seconds to be tough today, but after running 2 minutes, I wanted to do more! LOL The body and mind are weird! I am also trying to do my workouts early in the morning before it gets too hot and humid. I'm loving this program!
  • AliandTrev
    AliandTrev Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I did a few weeks of this program last summer and stopped. I restarted today with Week 1 Day 1. How does everyone track it under exercise, I just used the Walking 3.5 because that is what my app for C25K had said my pace was.
  • JWolf7911
    JWolf7911 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just did W3D2 last night.... anyone else just finishing up Week #3 ? I plan on doing the 3rd run tomorrow...

I usually do 3-5miles walk/runs... my goal and reason for doing this is to be able to run 3 miles NONSTOP ! hehe

I finished week 3 last night! How's it going for you so far?
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options

I finished week 3 last night! How's it going for you so far?

So far so good.... I jumped into Wk #3 because I felt that was my comfort level since I have been running for 5 months, just not too successful in being able to run a full mile without stopping.... I am enjoying though...

How are you doing with it ?
  • yallcallmedeb
    Options
    I did a few weeks of this program last summer and stopped. I restarted today with Week 1 Day 1. How does everyone track it under exercise, I just used the Walking 3.5 because that is what my app for C25K had said my pace was.

The app that I use gives me times for each interval. I do an average for walking and an average for jogging. I'm on week 2, so it's 9 minutes jogging and 22 minutes walking.
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Just did week 3, day 1 yesterday. Running the Kiss Me Dirty 5K at the end of this month, glad to finally see a thread for it! Thought about starting one but never got around to it lol.
  • honeydove
    honeydove Posts: 39
    Options
    count me in :smile:
  • Angiehankins77
    Options
    Read this posting and started tonight!
    I took a fitness test, heres my progress:
    Wlk 3 min
    Jog 6 min (.6 mile)
    W 3
    J 3