Exercise and breast size

Options
rcbeck99
rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
I'm curious to know if exercise affects breast size. I'm a pretty chesty woman and would LOVE to be smaller but I am hesitant to go under the knife for a reduction. I've had some people tell me that exercising will help and I've been doing that now for a little over 2 weeks. If it does help, are there specific exercises I can be doing? Right now I am simply working out at home just about every day to Debbie Siebers' Slim in 6 video and doing some walking in the mornings. Thanks for any input!

Replies

• Dvija
    Dvija Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey there,
    I'm also quite busty (38F) and I can assure you, regular exercise can help lift the ladies (as the chest muscles develop) but it does nothing to actually reduce cup size. In my experience, only weight loss does that. Obviously, weight loss and exercise are linked so perhaps that's where the idea of minimizing breast size through exercise originated :).
  • herwitsend
    herwitsend Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am very busty as well. I have learned several things.

You can't exercise away genetics, so under the fat, there is still a busty woman (just maybe a little less busty).

Buy an Enell bra. It is the only bra I have ever tried that keeps me absolutely still and pain free (even when running). I spent hundreds of dollars on others and they are fine for some things, just not "bouncy" things. I always thought I could never run, but here I am all signed up for my first 5K!

As you begin getting fit, try adding a weight training component with some focus on the chest muscles. A couple of dumbbells would be a good investment. As I have lost a few pounds (only 14 so far), I have lost in my bust. Not sure your situation, but my 34 year old boobs were pregnant or lactating for 6 years straight, so I am absolutely seeing the "deflation" look. I think having a nice chest under the boobs goes a long way in clothes.

Good luck to you!
  • rcbeck99
    rcbeck99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am very busty as well. I have learned several things.

You can't exercise away genetics, so under the fat, there is still a busty woman (just maybe a little less busty).

Buy an Enell bra. It is the only bra I have ever tried that keeps me absolutely still and pain free (even when running). I spent hundreds of dollars on others and they are fine for some things, just not "bouncy" things. I always thought I could never run, but here I am all signed up for my first 5K!

As you begin getting fit, try adding a weight training component with some focus on the chest muscles. A couple of dumbbells would be a good investment. As I have lost a few pounds (only 14 so far), I have lost in my bust. Not sure your situation, but my 34 year old boobs were pregnant or lactating for 6 years straight, so I am absolutely seeing the "deflation" look. I think having a nice chest under the boobs goes a long way in clothes.

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately it's in the genetics as the women on both my mother's and father's side are chesty. I was a D cup by the time I was 15 and now after 2 children they are at a 38DDD. Oh and I'm only 5'1". =( I will give it some time and see what happens.
  • hdsqrl
    hdsqrl Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34H, so I totally get your story. I've gone up and down in weight but saw more of a change in band size than cup size, unfortunately. And more recently, I discovered that while I'm shrinking around the waist, and supposedly my bust measurement is an inch smaller than when I started, my back muscles have grown to the point where a favorite dress won't zip comfortably right now. :\ GAH.

If you've not been professionally fitted in a while, treat yourself to that - it's always a treat for me to see I need a new band size, at least, and a new bra always helps make the girls stand a little happier, too. ;)
  • Eskimovm
    Eskimovm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    In 2005 til 2006 I lost 15kg and dropped 4 dress sizes. I lost of a lot of inches and bodyfat. sadly the boobs went from 36E to 32E and I had a breast reduction. It was a rude shock the following weeks of recovery but I don't regret it one bit. I reduced to 32C. That is until I gained weight back about 4 years after the surgery! the boobs are still perky at 34D!
  • reeseph0enix
    reeseph0enix Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would totally agree with what hdsqrl says, unfortunately I seemed to lose more in my band size than cup size with my weight loss, and just a general change in the shape of my breasts (I'm an E cup for the record).
    I can now sometimes fit into a bigger sized DD cup, and have gone from a 14 in band to a 12. Unfortunately with that they have gotten a bit more saggy for my liking..
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Well, I have been one to NEVER lose breast cup size when I lost weight. Sure the band size would go down, but the cup size would go up (this results in physically smaller breasts, but larger cup size...oh joy). I've been as big as a 40H. However...once I started RUNNING, I've seen a bigger loss in breast size. I'm now a 38E. AWESOME!!!! I'd love to get down to like a 34D. Man, that would be heaven LOL.
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Yep for me anyways. The girls are usually the first thing to go! lol I wouldn't mine going back to a full C versus a triple C. Reminds me, I need to get a better sports bra.
  • clemsontiger78
    clemsontiger78 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I must be unique. I started at my largest a 38D and am now down to a 34/36B (on a good day)
  • tigerlily8045
    tigerlily8045 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    ok see this is the problem, I didn't have any to lose and I lost them! LOL my poor little B's are not a full B anymore..phooey. Where is the justice in the world?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    ok see this is the problem, I didn't have any to lose and I lost them! LOL my poor little B's are not a full B anymore..phooey. Where is the justice in the world?

Me too. I need to lose thighs ... not boobs!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I'd love to lose my moobs
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Some women lose weight in their breasts immediately. I've had friends lose a bunch of weight and go from D cups to As or Bs.

Me, on the other hand, I'm probably going to have some substantial boobs forever. When I was 18 and weight 110 lbs, I still had a full C cup. Just the way I'm built! I've lost 20 lbs, gone down 2 pants sizes, and I'm still the same bra size. Just depends on how you're built!
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    For some reason all this boob talk is very interesting, idk why. :happy:
  • bjnorvell
    bjnorvell Posts: 43
    Options
    My boobs get smaller as well :(
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I've lost 50lbs, and I am still the same cup size (DD). My band size has decreased a little though. It definitely depends on the person. Time will tell for you!
  • theprettyone1010
    theprettyone1010 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I went from a 38D to a 34B, so exercise & weight loss definitely reduces breast size. Although, I didn't want it. :p
  • chelll224
    chelll224 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

Me too. I need to lose thighs ... not boobs!

It's nice to know I'm not alone in this!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options

I love the Enell bra. I need to buy more.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    For some reason all this boob talk is very interesting, idk why. :happy:

I can't figure it out either man.