Legitimate Cleanse??

Options
Is there truly a legitimate cleanse out there? I have been bingeing a lot lately and I really want to try to remove all of the crap from my system (no pun intended) if this is truly possible. I don't know that I actually buy into commercial products? I've done a lot of damage to my body, and I really need to jump start the cleansing if I can. Thanks.

Replies

• saraht131
    saraht131 Posts: 86
    Options
    You got kidneys and intestines? Then you don't need to worry about any "cleanses". It's all pseudo science and bullcrap invented to siphon money out of anyone who falls for it.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Unless you've been binge drinking on a daily basis, your liver does a pretty remarkable job of cleansing your body all on it's own. Just eat clean foods, nothing processed, and drink plenty of water. You'll see a real difference in the way your body feels just by eliminating processed foods for a week (unfortunately, this includes all bread and pasta products). Think protein (lean meats, if you eat meat), fruits, and veggies. Sounds boring, but it's worth it.

I feel like crap when I eat junk food, but a few days back on track and I feel great!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Nope. Your body cleanses itself just fine. Cleansing products are pointless at best, dangerous at worst.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    drink more water, maybe some green tea, eat lots of veggies
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Unless you've been binge drinking on a daily basis, your liver does a pretty remarkable job of cleansing your body all on it's own. Just eat clean foods, nothing processed, and drink plenty of water. You'll see a real difference in the way your body feels just by eliminating processed foods for a week (unfortunately, this includes all bread and pasta products). Think protein (lean meats, if you eat meat), fruits, and veggies. Sounds boring, but it's worth it.

I feel like crap when I eat junk food, but a few days back on track and I feel great!

This!
  • neilisfat
    neilisfat Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Cleanses are stavation diets. You give yourself some light calories for your body to survive, but your body doesn't get the protein it needs, so it digests muscles and organs so the brain can go about its daily life. Working muscle burns the calories, cleanses make you lose the muscle. You get momentarily skinny, and you get soft. If you stick with the exercise, you will get better results.

I happily allow myself a binge day if I can string 3 good fitness days together. Its good for you emotionally. The seratonin released from the exercise becomes a drug you will start to crave more than the food. Just be smart and don't get hurt doing a workout too hard too early, or with bad form.
  • vade43113
    vade43113 Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    If you really want to cleanse your body; just start eating healthily, drinking water, and exercising. You body can take care of the rest as it heals.
  • tialeanne
    tialeanne Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My "cleanse" days involve a lot of water and fruit. You really can eat a whole day of fruit! Warning, you WILL go to the bathroom, a lot! But the next day I feel wonderful and light!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    Not needed.

If you really want to do something, try fasting for 24 hours or something. Just make sure you make up your macronutrient needs in the days following the fast.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    when you poop, it's legit
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

I need proof
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Nope, your title is an oxymoron.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If I ever form a band, I will name it Legitimate Cleanse.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMY0Jpazihvn-9b-hhMo4q5qYJsYIz6gD7Ft94WbUeOvyZQAjdPb-pif_z_Q

+

1044753.large.jpg

=

Legitimate Cleanse
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options

Urination
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I'd call it the liver and kidney cleanse....that's as legit as it gets. Eat well, let your body do the work (assuming you have functioning organs).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Is there truly a legitimate cleanse out there? I have been bingeing a lot lately and I really want to try to remove all of the crap from my system (no pun intended) if this is truly possible. I don't know that I actually buy into commercial products? I've done a lot of damage to my body, and I really need to jump start the cleansing if I can. Thanks.

Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, water.
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Drink loads of water and eat clean
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

I need proof

it's right under your feet,
    in the sewer system