Legitimate Cleanse??

Options
2»

Replies

• Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Try some cranberry juice or water with some fresh lemon. Our liver is more than capable of cleansing the body so long as you treat it right. Try more water, especially with lemon. It's very refreshing :smile:
  • evelynfarmer
    evelynfarmer Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    If you have an issue, you can try a colonic.... I've went before and they are very beneficial.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Is there truly a legitimate cleanse out there? I have been bingeing a lot lately and I really want to try to remove all of the crap from my system (no pun intended) if this is truly possible. I don't know that I actually buy into commercial products? I've done a lot of damage to my body, and I really need to jump start the cleansing if I can. Thanks.

Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean meats, water.

^^^^this

Just eat well, get lots of fibre and your body will look after the rest.

The snake oil sales people that sell these so-called "cleanse" and "detox" products would have you believe that your body accumulates all these toxins that it can't handle. While this may be true of some very specific situations (poisoning, heavy metal contamination) these require medical attention not some OTC product.

If you have an issue, you can try a colonic.... I've went before and they are very beneficial.

How so? Specifically, what did it do that a healthy diet couldn't?
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Dial soap works pretty well. Cleanses my smelly places pretty nicely, and leaves a fresh scent. I also like Dove body wash with Nutrium moisture, or whatever it's called. Good stuff.

Oh, you mean you want to like cleanse your intestines or something? Unless you have a blockage, there's no need for that. And if you do have a blockage, you need to see a doctor.
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    There is. And it's free. Switch to healthy food, and drink a bunch of water. And by that, I mean a normal amount of water (8-ish 8-ounce glasses a day). In about a week, all the bad stuff will be out of your system as much as it ever will be. If you eat some high-fiber foods, it might speed up the process a bit, but no sense going overboard - just eat a healthy diet from now on.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    You don't need to cleanse your body out; your liver and kidneys do a good job of it itself. You can't cleanse your body of junk you ate a few days ago.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Eating well from this day on is the best "cleanse" you can do for your body for life.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    You guys answered my question then! Very much appreciated. I found some suggestions to start applying immediately. I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking I was wanting a cleanse for weight loss, because I do not. Kinda wanted to open up my insides and throw some soap and a scrub brush in there ;-)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Try some cranberry juice or water with some fresh lemon. Our liver is more than capable of cleansing the body so long as you treat it right. Try more water, especially with lemon. It's very refreshing :smile:

Love me some lemon. Finally bought a juicer and started using fresh lemon juice in water :-)
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You guys answered my question then! Very much appreciated. I found some suggestions to start applying immediately. I hope I didn't mislead anyone into thinking I was wanting a cleanse for weight loss, because I do not. Kinda wanted to open up my insides and throw some soap and a scrub brush in there ;-)

Then eat more a wholesome, balanced diet. A 'cleanse' isn't going to do what you want, it's just going to make you lose water weight. If you want that you might as well try intermittent fasting, since it accounts for the nutrients you aren't taking in.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Then eat more a wholesome, balanced diet. A 'cleanse' isn't going to do what you want, it's just going to make you lose water weight. If you want that you might as well try intermittent fasting, since it accounts for the nutrients you aren't taking in.

She could swallow soap.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Intermittent fasting