Net Cals, Cal Deficit, Excersize Cals!!! HELP!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    2 things in your diary really stick out to me:

1) What are you drinking? I saw one Diet Dr. Pepper and one day that you drank 8 oz. of water, but that's it. Make sure you are counting everything that you eat AND drink. You'd be surprised how drinks like sodas, juices, teas, etc. can add up.

2) There are several days where you are burning in excess of 1300 calories via exercise. What kind of exercise are you doing? It doesn't seem likely that you are burning that many calories via exercise and only eating 1000 calories. You would be exhausted and unable to function.

I RARELY ever drink soda, tea or anything and If I do I make sure I log. I dont however always log all of my water because thats all I drink literally all day. And the days that I burn almost 1300 calories are the days that I do kickboxing.

I drink water all day long, too. I was hoping that was what was going on with you as well. If you drink any kind of alcohol be sure that you include that. You'd be surprised at the number of calories in booze!

I do, however, think you may be overestimating your caloric burn from the kickboxing. Is MFP giving you those numbers? Seriously, if you were burning >200% of your calorie intake you would not have the energy to do anything. Your net calories need to equal your BMR or TDEE in order for you to just survive. :-)

Yes, thats what MFP gives me and I doubt it is that high as well. Maybe half of that.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options

1) What are you drinking? I saw one Diet Dr. Pepper and one day that you drank 8 oz. of water, but that's it. Make sure you are counting everything that you eat AND drink. You'd be surprised how drinks like sodas, juices, teas, etc. can add up.

2) There are several days where you are burning in excess of 1300 calories via exercise. What kind of exercise are you doing? It doesn't seem likely that you are burning that many calories via exercise and only eating 1000 calories. You would be exhausted and unable to function.

I RARELY ever drink soda, tea or anything and If I do I make sure I log. I dont however always log all of my water because thats all I drink literally all day. And the days that I burn almost 1300 calories are the days that I do kickboxing.

I drink water all day long, too. I was hoping that was what was going on with you as well. If you drink any kind of alcohol be sure that you include that. You'd be surprised at the number of calories in booze!

I do, however, think you may be overestimating your caloric burn from the kickboxing. Is MFP giving you those numbers? Seriously, if you were burning >200% of your calorie intake you would not have the energy to do anything. Your net calories need to equal your BMR or TDEE in order for you to just survive. :-)

Yes, thats what MFP gives me and I doubt it is that high as well. Maybe half of that.

Yea, I'd probably adjust what MFP says, just so your results don't look all skewed. I wear a fitbit and keep activity reports for all of my gym visits. That way I'm sure that my calories burned is more accurate. MFP is always a little more generous than what my fitbit tells me I actually burned.
  • tyoung8
    tyoung8 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Yea, I'd probably adjust what MFP says, just so your results don't look all skewed. I wear a fitbit and keep activity reports for all of my gym visits. That way I'm sure that my calories burned is more accurate. MFP is always a little more generous than what my fitbit tells me I actually burned.

Tell me more about your fitbit!!! where did you get it? I have been debating on if I want to spend the money on that... is it worth it?
  • lilmisfit
    Options
    I ordered it directly from their website. I LOVE it! It is SO worth the money! I have lost more weight quicker since having it. It really helps me see exactly how many calories I burn, which helps me decide how many to eat. For example, if I don't go to the gym I burn 1600-1700 calories, so I try to stay at about 1200 calories to ensure that I have a 400-500 calorie deficit. On days I work out I burn a little over 2000, which means I can eat a bit more.

I also find myself challenging myself to take more steps, park further away, always take the stairs, etc, to get the badges. Today I earned the Helicopter badge! :-)
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've been wondering about the fitbit. Do you wear it all day? Does it calculate your total daily calories? Like walking around the house or at work?
  • lilmisfit
    Options
    I've been wondering about the fitbit. Do you wear it all day? Does it calculate your total daily calories? Like walking around the house or at work?

I wear it all day, except for when I'm showering. It calculates total calories from midnight to midnight. It's awesome!