What do you do when you just want to SNACK?

Options
I've been at this for a few weeks now, and I've only had a couple snack attacks. So far today I have eaten great, got in a decent workout, drank a bunch of water, and now I could sit down and stuff my face. Where does this awful feeling come from? Ugh! And what do you do when it hits you? I'm gonna go water my garden and see if that keeps me busy long enough for this to pass..

Replies

• BigB1924
    BigB1924 Posts: 30
    Options
    Embrace that feeling because it means your diet is working. Your body is craving what you have taken away from it. That is why every 6-7 days you should have a cheat meal something that is not even close to your diet but don't over do it. It keeps you sane and gives you something to look forward to when you get those attacks.
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Are you eating all of your calories plus your exercise calories? If you're hungry... it may be that you need to up your calories a bit. You shouldn't feel hungry or deprived, since you are not "dieting" you are making a lifestyle change. I always try to eat a little something after a workout, for a recovery.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Just eat whatever you want, track it, get your minimum protein macros and make sure you're still in a deficit.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have a snack.
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I have a snack...

Is this a trick question???? Do I win a prize!

:bigsmile:
  • alaskagirl5
    alaskagirl5 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a glass of water, and then have some popcorn! :) Its full of fiber so it keeps you full, and it's also not a lot of calories! just don't get the super buttery kind :)
  • Ritzbrit
    Ritzbrit Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I buy a couple items that are like chips or snacks but healthier ones. So it fills my snack craving. I just found Kellogg's sea salt cracker chips, 30 chips for 110 cals! They are yummy!!
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    I eat a healthy snack. Apple, yogurt, grapes or gasp.....a snickers....if it fits in my daily calories.
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I open my mouth and insert food....

wait

is there a different snack??:huh:
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Popcorn!! We have this popcorn that is 120 calories for 4.5 cups popped. Nice air popped popcorn is simply the best.
  • Ohmydaze
    Ohmydaze Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Brush your teeth and drink a glass of water.

Good for hydration, good for your teeth, zero calories, and cuts cravings.

Admittedly I learned this from a pro-ana website, but hey, it works.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    punch myself in the dong, it's quite distracting
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I do a long and very personal dance ritual. Oh...and then I eat something.
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I snack and track it!
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Where does this awful feeling come from?

I think it's called "hunger." It's pretty standard across all carbon-based life forms.
  • bga008
    bga008 Posts: 90
    Options
    bananas or fruit snacks
  • huntingforhipbones
    Options
    Step 1: See if you're craving, hungry or thirsty. Drink a cup of water or tea and wait 15 mins.
    Step 2: Still hungry for that SPECIFIC food? It's a craving. You're not hungry.
    Step 3: Still hungry? Go ahead, eat! High-protein, high-fibre and moderate-fat is the key. I like eating 12.5g peanuts (80kcal) :)
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    JBsCrazyGirl Posts: 337
    Options
    mini rice cakes and avocado. yummy
  • blondejester
    Options
    eat something light, don't deprive yourself of food if you're really hungry
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify. I'm not hungry at all. Just want to stuff my face. I've already eaten several healthy snacks, but what I really want is junk. Sooo... I watered the garden, popped in a piece of gum, and voila! It passed. But I have a feeling it won't always be that easy. I guess this is what will power is. Never had THAT before!