Guys : Tattoos and Piercings on women?

Options
andreacord
andreacord Posts: 928
So : Yes or no?

I do have piercings but I'm not doing this because I feel I need approval or anything, just wondering what the male population happens to think of these things on women. I am highly aware that every man prefers something different in a woman, I'd just like to hear the opinions. GO!

Replies

• ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy (obviously) but my bf doesn't particularly like piercings, but it doesn't stop me from getting them :wink:
    No tattoos as of yet though.

I'm interested in other people's views.
  • dannytheman
    dannytheman Posts: 63
    Options
    It's a generational thing. I am old, at 55, and I don't like nose, eyebrow or labia piercings. My 27 year old son, happens to disagree with me and finds them attractive.
    I don't have any tattoos and I was in the coast guard and have been riding a Harley for 30 years. So, maybe a hidden well placed gem, I could handle.
  • Thir13en
    Thir13en Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Not a guy, but i like women ;)
    piercings fit the person... if they have a personality to match. no personality, means your piercings are just awkward accessories

I have.. 16 piercings incl my ears. (had to pause & count)
    3 tattoos.

i don't like incredibly visible tattoos on women, unless they can really pull it off well. otherwise it looks sloppy, girls need to be pretty still! i can take all my piercings out & hide my tattoos very easily.
  • fdny9943
    fdny9943 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are hotttt on women and piercings are okay in the ear but otherwise not a fan of nose, lip or eyebrow piercings. If you have "private" piercings then good for you but it doesn't show in public so none of my business.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    I like them all. Lots or a few, many or none.
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    and I don't like nose, eyebrow or labia piercings.

Do you not like labia major or minora piercings? Cuz I think labia majora piercings are hot, but i'm really a fan of the labia minora piercings.
  • glengiles
    glengiles Posts: 147
    Options
    It's a generational thing. I am old, at 55, and I don't like nose, eyebrow or labia piercings. My 27 year old son, happens to disagree with me and finds them attractive.
    I don't have any tattoos and I was in the coast guard and have been riding a Harley for 30 years. So, maybe a hidden well placed gem, I could handle.

I guess it is generational. When we were younger tattoos meant you were different, outside societal norms. Now they're mainstream. So I guess the true rebels don't get tattoos or piercings. I don't have any tattoos. I do have a wallet with photos of my family though. :bigsmile:
  • kimber0607
    kimber0607 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    personally tatts on either sex usually sexy....piercings...ouch..no
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've had my center lip ring since I was 18 and I'm 35 now. I'd considered taking it out over the years, mainly because I was worried about getting "too old" for it, but my husband and friends have all said, "No way - it suits you too much". So I've kept it. It does feel really weird when it's not in, that's for sure.
  • coachblt
    coachblt Posts: 1,090
    Options
    I have no problems with the piercings if they aren't overpowering the look. Too many and it takes away the focus.

I don't like tattoos...period! I don't find them sexy. Quite the contrary actually. I find them to be a big turn off. That's me though.
  • Zumbagurl64
    Zumbagurl64 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love my tats and piercings, didn't get them until I was older. I agree some people can get carried away, especially in the face and such, but for the most part, I like....
  • TitanGM
    TitanGM Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    Usually they look ugly on women in my opinion. There are rare exceptions that they look really good in moderation, and I find tattoos to look particularly good on fit asian women.
  • nray3119
    nray3119 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love my tattoos and love love love them on men. I think that if they fit your personality then the guy will love them too.
    I have 5 but if I have my hair down you would never know and most people are shocked to find out I have them.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    As a girl I have asked this of many guys over the years and is the reason I do not have any , even though I have wanted a tattoo in the past, my desire has faded. No guy I have asked this question to liked the idea, not a single one, not during my 20s,30s and now my 40s, nope, I mention it and for a while there in my mid 30s I really really wanted one, even had a few drawn up in the parlor, but whoever the guy was with me at the few times I did manage to go in to a tattoo shop, they all would go to deep length to ensure they would talked me completely out of the idea, and tell me how much they dislike it, crinkling faces, gagging, acting like it was the worst thing in the world I could possibly do that I would be ruined one even said, then if I hesitated to not leave the place all out begging and pleading would ensue that if I cant resist to make sure its descrete and small. So I finally gave up, dont want to turn off a guy completely, so figured I can let them buy me jewlery instead lol, its something I can keep and change up. I know some guys out there might love them on women but this is just speaking for all the guys I have met as friends or dates and it could be a generation thing too, or just they couldnt see me with one. But , It was a unanimous NO!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Tats are so HOT.
  • ScientistStudy
    ScientistStudy Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I think the only piercing I like on a guy would be the tongue haha. I relate a lot of piercings on guys with my gay friend so maybe that's why hahaha. Kissed a guy with a lip ring once, was interesting to say the least but I don't think it made me find in particularly attractive because of it.
    Tattoos on the other hand can look hot, but it depends what it is. Not a fan of tribal tattoos!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    As a girl I have asked this of many guys over the years and is the reason I do not have any , even though I have wanted a tattoo in the past, my desire has faded. No guy I have asked this question to liked the idea, not a single one, not during my 20s,30s and now my 40s, nope, I mention it and for a while there in my mid 30s I really really wanted one, even had a few drawn up in the parlor, but whoever the guy was with me at the few times I did manage to go in to a tattoo shop, they all would go to deep length to ensure they would talked me completely out of the idea, and tell me how much they dislike it, crinkling faces, gagging, acting like it was the worst thing in the world I could possibly do that I would be ruined one even said, then if I hesitated to not leave the place all out begging and pleading would ensue that if I cant resist to make sure its descrete and small. So I finally gave up, dont want to turn off a guy completely, so figured I can let them buy me jewlery instead lol, its something I can keep and change up. I know some guys out there might love them on women but this is just speaking for all the guys I have met as friends or dates and it could be a generation thing too, or just they couldnt see me with one. But , It was a unanimous NO!

It's just your circle. I run in several totally different circles. One of them hates all tattoos. The only reason they let me in their group is because I'm smart and successful, so in their face. LOL. When they talk about people with tattoos they get angry, and they'll talk about how they're losers. I just am like, Uh, what? And, they shut up. LOL. It's funny.

In other group, they think tats are so hot. And, they all have them.

So, it just depends.
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I like small tats say on the shoulder, butt or ankle. I've seen some ladies sleeved out and don't find that particularly attractive. Same with piercings...a few is ok but too many not so much. But it is totally up to the individual.
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    Depends totally on the person to me, some look good and some just look tacky. Definitly nothing on the face!
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Tattoos are ok. Just not too many. Love a girl with a nose piercing. Something about that is just hot!