Guys : Tattoos and Piercings on women?

Options

Replies

• hayatkhan92
    Options
    See Nice Collection of tattoos designs ,angel tattoos,anchor tattoos,back tattoos http://tattoosdesignz.com/
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Picture of my tattoo on the link, while your there vote for it please!

https://www.facebook.com/AuthorSherrilynKenyon?sk=app_107727025983833&app_data={"mid":5241}
  • joshef
    joshef Posts: 1
    Options
    I don't like piercing on guys. It looks good only on women. And talking about tattoo, it looks great on both girls and boys.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'll go with yes on both, as long as it's not overkill. Me personally, i like girls/women that have a nose stud, with some colorful ink to accompany it.
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Dangerous topic! Bound to offend someone!. Personally I like ink on women, but it depends on if it "works" or not. Ultimately a tattoo is a personal thing, so it does not really matter who likes it and who doesn't, but for me there are certain tatttoos I find attractive on women and some that I don't.

I just don't dig the whole sleeve thing - guess its my age bracket but It's like too much - I still associate it with carnival side shows. I like women who have beautiful colorful or meaningful ink on their shoulder blades, shoulders and back of neck - I think that is really sexy - especially if it is like Asian or floral in design - very feminine and sexy - they can show it off at the beach or in a tank top, but then if we have to go somewhere more formal, it's not like "too much".

Piercings - yeah not so much. I especially don't dig those big black donut things that stretch out the ear lobes - I just really don't get the appeal of that at all to the wearer or the observer... but again I think it is an age thing - alot of the youngsters seem to dig them.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Yes & Yes, except for women/men who have gauge errings...I hate that with a passion lol
    Ok so not to hijack the post but I figured this would be a good place for some feedback...

I have a large tattoo on the back of my lower arm. I've been toying with the idea of getting a full lower arm sleeve, just elbow to wrist, all in b&w. BUT I also like the subtlety of how it is now and that it's kind of a surprise since you can't see it at all from my front or sides. Wondering what you guys think- leave it be or add to it? I also have a small one on my shoulder, not sure if it figures into the equation.

You should only do it if that's really what YOU want...My opinion is it would look good, I think colour looks good on women though haha
  • Jani2416
    Jani2416 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Love them! Just got tattoo #3 yesterday for losing 40 pounds. To each his/her own!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Love em' tasteful tattoos and any piercing on women make me go into heavy petting mode! Tastefull as in : not having your face tattooed completely..... or a giant pile of steaming dung on your back!
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Ok so not to hijack the post but I figured this would be a good place for some feedback...

I have a large tattoo on the back of my lower arm. I've been toying with the idea of getting a full lower arm sleeve, just elbow to wrist, all in b&w. BUT I also like the subtlety of how it is now and that it's kind of a surprise since you can't see it at all from my front or sides. Wondering what you guys think- leave it be or add to it? I also have a small one on my shoulder, not sure if it figures into the equation.

FI9Am.jpg

aLXQ9.jpg

Go for it love! Would look awesome!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hmmm....well, I have 1/2 sleeves, a leg piece, a full back piece, both feet, as well as numerous other tattoos and I have yet to have anybody (male or female) tell me they were "too much", "ugly", or anything else derogative. In fact, I get compliments on my ink ALL THE TIME (even on MFP). So...yea, I think tats are hot on women, as long as they're well done.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    i think a few is sexy but when you end up with your whole body marked up that can be a turn off
  • FH36251
    FH36251 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Massive fan of tats/ piercings/ mods on both sexes. Though it really depends on whether they suit the wearer; am sure we've all seen some trash as well as treasure. Been out with guys who have been pro, con and ambiguous about it - but it's not really their choice, is it ;)

Aside: An ex once told me he hated such things, and asked me to remove all my piercings. I removed him from my life fairly sharpish...
  • PittShkr
    Options
    Hmmm....well, I have 1/2 sleeves, a leg piece, a full back piece, both feet, as well as numerous other tattoos and I have yet to have anybody (male or female) tell me they were "too much", "ugly", or anything else derogative. In fact, I get compliments on my ink ALL THE TIME (even on MFP). So...yea, I think tats are hot on women, as long as they're well done.

Thats why your my friend.... your work was not done by a cracked out junkie trying to get a fix... they look good! ...And you just ****in rock!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I actually prefer the natural look. Too many or really big tats are a little bit of a turnoff for me. I think the female body is beautiful and prefer it to not be covered up with ink. I appreciate good art but would rather have it on a wall. Not a big fan of weird piercings either, I don't really get the point and I think it makes people look silly.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yes. Yes. And HELL YES.

Kat+Von+D's+Hot+Collabos.jpg
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    As much as I like tattoo's on women, I must say you can go overboard, the face tattoo kills me with Kat and I think she looks better without them.

kat-von-d-no-tattoos-491d1.jpg
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    As much as I like tattoo's on women, I must say you can go overboard, the face tattoo kills me with Kat and I think she looks better without them.

kat-von-d-no-tattoos-491d1.jpg

Gotta concur - wow that is really amazing
  • jmoralesx5
    jmoralesx5 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    my wife has her nose pierced on the side and multiple pearcings in her ears. I love them. Wish she had a tattoo, but as of yet she does not.
  • heidiberr
    heidiberr Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I have 2--and don't really care of guys like them or not. They were for me not them.

However, I've never been told they look trashy (one is on my ankle and the other is on ribs) and most people don't even notice the one on my ankle actually. Just keep it tasteful.
  • Berto0391
    Berto0391 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    No piercings..its a major turn off for me however as long as the tattoo is decent I don't mind.