Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

If you could...

va_va_voom
va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
I went to a local produce market on my lunch break today and my cashier was a stunning young lady with long dreadlocks. On the way back to my car, I realized that if I could embrace my inner free spirit, I would totally have dreadlocks, a half-sleeve, and probably a nose ring (hubs already put the kabosh on the nose ring lol). I would also be driving a sports car instead of a minivan. But, apparently, I am destined to be much less exciting than that in life. :sad:

So, if there is something you could have/do to yourself what would it be?

Replies

• patty43ck
    patty43ck Posts: 248 Member
    I would maybe get a tattoo on my *kitten*! But then when I get really old it would be saggy and dumb looking so I guess I'll just stick with being me!!
  • va_va_voom
    va_va_voom Posts: 467 Member
    I would maybe get a tattoo on my *kitten*! But then when I get really old it would be saggy and dumb looking so I guess I'll just stick with being me!!

:laugh: That's pretty much why my tattoo is on my ankle. I briefly considered getting a tattoo around my belly button when it was pierced in my 20s, but re-considered since I didn't know what pregnancy would do to it. I'm sooooo glad I re-thought that one now after 4 kids! :tongue:
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,266 Member
    bring back my shoulder length hair....ahh 1987-1995 it was glorious! lmao
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    bring back my shoulder length hair....ahh 1987-1995 it was glorious! lmao

yes, time to revisit the mullet or rat tail. haha
  • Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    I'd shave all of my hair off and grow it again, goodbye split ends
  • _Stampede_
    _Stampede_ Posts: 66
    I'd sell everything I currently own and live a simple life, without material possessions.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 345 Member
    I'd have a half sleeve tattoo.
  • blowsfire
    blowsfire Posts: 76 Member
    tummy tuck:embarassed:
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    I'm exciting enough.
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Absolutely nothing invasive or even slightly trendy!
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    I'd cut my hair super short. Jada Pinkett-Smith short. I have an irrational fear that as soon as I did it would suddenly stop being super curly and I'd just look like a boy.
  • KarenJean91
    KarenJean91 Posts: 283 Member
    I would have long black hair with purple streaks.. and wear extravagant, colorful clothes... and not care what people think. But i do care what people think. That's why i don't look like that. :(
  • Lovely_Doll
    Lovely_Doll Posts: 72
    I'd get a belly ring, and maybe try out those piercings that people get on their hips or get a small tattoo on one of my hip bones. But I'm too much of a wimp to try any of these, mostly because I know there's a chance that I might get pregnant much later on in life and I don't want to regret making these decisions.

I also want to dye my hair bright red (think Rihanna), just because, but I'm worried that I'll either get the wrong color, or it'll destroy my hair.
  • jplord
    jplord Posts: 510 Member
    I'd kayak around Catalina Island, camping over night on tiny rocky beaches surrounded by astonishing tidezone life, or canoe the Quetico travelling on glassy lakes in a pristine wilderness and stare at night-time black skies lit up by stars and galaxies alone.
  • If I didn't care so much what other people thought, I would probably have done all the "If I coulds" by now... someday I will get there!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    I'd get rid of all televisions in my house, have long hair that's black with red 'chunks', get my ears pierced and wear a Bajoran ear piece & have a lip piercing, wear nothing but jeans and flip flops and work from home making organic compost and growing worms and raising bees. I'd have a pottery studio and my own kiln.... I'd have a huge garden and go to sleep/get up with the setting and rising of the sun only.
  • bleacheblonde
    bleacheblonde Posts: 333
    I would totally have dreads right now if my hair type allowed it. In all honesty, if I could have just one thing, it would be to lose this weight because I already don't give a crap and am getting all the tattoos I want, wear whatever clothes I want that won't get me fired or sent home to change, and color my hair whatever color I want. I am extremely lucky to have a job where people are cool about that stuff :)

Oh, and in a perfect world, I would quit my job and make money being an artist. THAT is what I really want :)
  • bleacheblonde
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    if i could
    i would do many things if i had the money.
    i would get tattoos, dental work, cut and dye my hair. have a nice car insteed of a station wagon.
  • bleacheblonde
    I'd get rid of all televisions in my house, have long hair that's black with red 'chunks', get my ears pierced and wear a Bajoran ear piece & have a lip piercing, wear nothing but jeans and flip flops and work from home making organic compost and growing worms and raising bees. I'd have a pottery studio and my own kiln.... I'd have a huge garden and go to sleep/get up with the setting and rising of the sun only.

That sounds so cool! I would want to come over to your house :)