AM gym goers: Do you brush your teeth first?

1235»

Replies

• charityheckler
    charityheckler Posts: 25 Member
    Typically I don't... When I begin my morning work out I am still asleep... I get up start the coffee work out drink the coffee, get ready for work and finally as I after I drink that last drop of coffee I brush my teeth before walking out the door. But honestly, even when I was leaving the house to work out, I still did it as I got ready for work not before my workout.
  • New_Keeley
    New_Keeley Posts: 170 Member
    Always brush before I leave the house!!!!
  • BalenciaLynn
    BalenciaLynn Posts: 411 Member
    I brush as soon as i wake up
    after eating breakfast
    after eating lunch
    and after dinner
    and before i go to bed
    and of course before any sexy time occurs :)
    Brushing too often is bad for your gums :c
    Yep and you can actually strip the enamel off your teeth if you brush too much too.

After having braces for three years i got into the habit of brushing my teeth after every meal just to make sure nothing was stuck to my braces
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Pssh. I get my pre-workout snack and drink in and then I'm out that door. Fellow gym goers are lucky I'm even fully dressed!
  • The people that are brushing every time before "sexy time" have obviously never had spontaneous sex before. Shame for you guys :(.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    The people that are brushing every time before "sexy time" have obviously never had spontaneous sex before. Shame for you guys :(.
    Haha, I don't think I'd stop and ask the guy to wait so I could go brush my teeth.
  • Yeah, my boyfriend would think I was a complete moron if I stopped him in his tracks and said I'd have to go brush my teeth instead of having some spontaneous sex that he's offering to me on a plate hahaha.
  • Firefighter_Jay
    Firefighter_Jay Posts: 426 Member
    I ALWAYS brush before I go workout! Even if I go on a run by myself! What if something happens and you have to have mouth to mouth. You gotta be prepared people! :wink:

We have rebreathers to make sure that doesn't happen. Also, why would anyone leave home without a pocket mask? It's almost as important as making sure the condom is still safely tucked away in your wallet haha
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Makes me wonder if you were "that guy" next to me on the treadmill the other day. His breath just about knocked me over . He also had awful BO.

Oh gosh no, that would never have been me.

I don't use the treadmill.

hahahahahahahaha
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    I brush. I don't like the way my mouth feels if I haven't brushed. ...sticky, you know?
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Yes

JM
  • FionaNiConnor
    FionaNiConnor Posts: 90 Member
    The people that are brushing every time before "sexy time" have obviously never had spontaneous sex before. Shame for you guys :(.
    Haha, I don't think I'd stop and ask the guy to wait so I could go brush my teeth.

I am an early bird and DBF is a sleepyhead. I always wake up way before he does and run to the bathroom to wee and to brush my teeth. Then I crawl back into bed (he sleeps like the dead, so no fear of waking him) and wait for him to wake up. Then, when he's all ready to go, I have nice fresh toothies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,909 Member
    Are you that much of a self-centered *kitten* that you'll let everyone else smell your morning breath instead of taking a few more minutes out of your morning to brush your teeth???

I know I am.
    Lol, being a trainer, and doing both in the morning and evening slots, I've had my fair share of morning breath, and just plain bad breath from clients over the years. In most cases, I just take it in. No need for me to let them know their breath stanks!!! If I become closer friends with them, then I'll probably say something.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition