i need your avocado recipes

Options

Replies

• Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    half it, pit it, scoop out some flesh (eat that), wrap each half in foil and crack an egg into each "hole".
    Bake for 15-20 min at 350-400 and top with cheese and salsa.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Love it on crackers with salmon, in an omelet or in shrimp taco (yummy with zucchini). Also great in black bean and corn salad dressed with apple cider vinegar and oil. Any time you add and acid such as lemon juice or vinegar, it breaks it down into a delicious creaminess....oh avocados, how I love you!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Made avocado chocolate pudding, used it as a spread/butter substitute, put on a sandwich with tomatoes, and I'm working on the rest... Wish there was more time in the day to eat!
  • munchie34668
    munchie34668 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a simple person, just a little lemon juice and sea salt.
  • Funsoaps
    Funsoaps Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I just mash them up with a good salsa, sometimes I add a little mayo for "guac".
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Avacado.

Salt.

Eat.
  • beth40n2
    beth40n2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat two almost every day for lunch. I only have one recipe for them, but it's really good:

1. Wash.
    2. Halve.
    3. Pit.
    4. Slice.
    5. Peel.
    6. Consume.

Enjoy!

Bump

=P
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Smoosh it on a stoned wheat thin cracker... MMMMMM
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    These all sound amazing! I am bumping for later!
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am drooling! Yum! Bump!!!
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    bump....keep em coming!
  • yentess
    yentess Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Avocado hummus
    15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
    1 avocado
    1 clove garlic
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 tablespoon tahini

Blend all in a food processor until creamy.

I love this recipe because not only is it super yummy and healthy, but you can store it in the fridge for up to a week and it doesn't turn brown :)
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Avocado hummus
    15 ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed
    1 avocado
    1 clove garlic
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup olive oil
    1 tablespoon tahini

Blend all in a food processor until creamy.

I love this recipe because not only is it super yummy and healthy, but you can store it in the fridge for up to a week and it doesn't turn brown :)

I JUST discovered how much i love hummus so this is perfect for me!

I have 20 avocados I just bought... they were 25 cents each... I NEEDED them! =P
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I made Peach Mango Avocado Salsa today!

1 mango, 1 peach, 1 avocado, 1/2 an onion- all diced, except onion which you mince. Throw in some fresh minced cilantro and the juice of 1 lime. Salt and pepper optional... AMAZING!
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Recently made egg salad with avocados in place of the mayo. Add a bit of lemon juice, chopped chives and pepper. Yum.
    Shots will be fired :)
  • foot2wood
    foot2wood Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I like them diced in brown rice and organic salsa with grilled chicken breast or baked fish. And just straight up plain with sprouted grain bread alone or in just about any dish thats not breakfast. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE AVOCADOS
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I am kind of obsessed with avocado. I saw a lot of my favorite things already posted but here's what I had for lunch today.

Get about 1/4 to 1/2 of an avocado and mash it up. Spread on a piece of bread. Spread mustard on another piece of bread. Hard-boil two eggs and chop them up and use as filling for the sandwich. Voila, quick easy and healthy lunch! Not to mention DELICIOUS!
  • dbevisjr
    dbevisjr Posts: 183
    Options
    I cut it in half, pop the seed out, sprinkle with a dash of black pepper and eat with a spoon directly out of the skin. You can also put a scoop of your favorite salsa in it and eat the same way. They are also good as a side dish with steamed or baked fish. Baked mahi makes a great burrito/taco and avacado is great on there too.
  • mrsnathanandrew
    mrsnathanandrew Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    bump!