Showering makes me sick

Options
124»

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Literally.

I get really nauseous every time I take a shower. After about 10 minutes, the nausea hits and sometimes I even feel like I'm going to pass out. I attribute it to how the heat effects me, but it's really bad sometimes. like just now i felt like i was going to vomit,or die. Our shower gets too hot, and we keep it on the lowest temperature (80*)...but this has happened for like 8 years, maybe? Long before we moved in to our condo.

Does anyone else have a problem like this?

Don't have ten minute showers.

You should be able to wash in 3 mins.

also: don't have showers after exercise for a while, and watch your blood pressure. Is it too low? Are you underweight?

Editing: just read your comment about long hair.

One thing I'm doing with mine is to just comb it in the shower and not wash it. i wash it maybe once a week tops - the oils slide down the hair in the shower under the heat, which is good for the hair and helps with my hair which gets dry.

the point being I'm having showers that are 3 mins long. except once a week, when I wash, and it is suddenly 1/4 hr long. :D

I admit I'm doing it because I'm scared of the electricity bill.

Are you able to turn the heat down on your hot water cylinder?
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Oh! Just remembered something!

In the tropics on rainwater we used to wet our hair, turn the shower off. Soap ourselves, lather shampoo - turn water back on, rinse, turn water off, do conditioner, turn water on, rinse.

It was a water saving technique over there - but maybe it would give you cooling off moments in the shower?

Truly though, it's sounding like either overexertion doing exercise, or low blood pressure.