Who started on Jan. 1, 2012 and how is it going?

Options

Replies

• sabolfitwife
    sabolfitwife Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Started 1/1/12. Beginning weight: 210.2 and am now down to 189.0 :-)
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I started 9th January 2012 (Waited until the kids were back at school!)
    Start weight 211.5lb
    Weight today 172.5lb
    Current goal 147lb
    It's going so well, especially since I upped my calories so I don't eat under my BMR anymore, as mfp started me on 1200 which was too low to sustain for me. I haven't had any plateaux, I've become so much fitter because of the regular exercise and people are noticing. I wish I'd done this years ago rather then spending the last decade up and down with my weight without the extra help and support from mfp.
    Well done to everyone else for sticking with this xx
  • rubyjune27
    rubyjune27 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I started 2nd January.
    SW: 172
    CW: 149
    Total loss 23lbs
    I have used MFP everyday.. However I eat 1500, I started on 1200 but was too hungry.

Congratulations to everyone,whatever size their success has been. Any loss is the right direction.
  • ClaireSD35
    ClaireSD35 Posts: 38
    Options
    I started at the end of February at 242 and now 205. Hoping to get to 156 (long way to go).
    Fantastic weight loss for you so far!
  • bunny1006
    bunny1006 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 2nd at 167. I've had some lapses so I'm currently at 155. Btw, lessoned learned! Don't do wii fit after 8 pm. I'll stay up all night! LOL!!! Its 3:45! smh!
  • milkandtea
    milkandtea Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've lost 42 pounds since January 4th.
  • sopriti1
    sopriti1 Posts: 6
    Options
    Started Jan. 12th, 2012.

SW--299.7
    CW--252.6

Want to lose about 80 more lbs
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Started just after :-)
  • Bumblebee03
    Options
    Hello! This is my first post. I saw it on the sidebar when I was logging my food and thought "hey, what a great thread to join in on!"

I started my diet on Jan 1st, 2012 at: 270 pounds
    Current weight as of 5/19: 237 pounds.

So a total loss of 33 pounds since the beginning of the year. However, I didn't really take myself seriously until late March. So it's really been since then that I've had most of my weight loss. I just barley joined MFP about 1.5 months ago and it's been a lifesaver. One more thing I wanted to add: I actually started trying to lose weight 2 years ago when my daughter was born. At my highest weight during pregnancy, I was 325 pounds. So in the past 2 years, I've lost 88 pounds! I didn't actually start watching what I ate until about 6-7 months after she was born. I would also go months without tracking food, eating horribly, not exercising. It's not a whole lot for 2 years but hey, I'm proud!

Congrats to everyone on their weight loss. You are all amazing!
  • tammyc226
    tammyc226 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    14 kg lost since January 2. A long way from goal but happy with progress. Eating around 1500 cals net a day. Exercise nothing too strenuous due to several personal & physical reasons - so has been Wii games, walking and swimming mainly. Couple of weeks off during that time due to work constraints but lightest i've been for many many years.
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 2 and on Mfp two weeks after. 33lbs gone so far. I eat back my exercise. And have bumped up to 1500 calories a day about 3 weeks ago from 1340.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Started at 340 lbs

Current weight 255 lbs

I weigh in once a month, thats why the weight will be different

85 lbs lost so far, still have at least 65 lbs to go

I'm doing well but I still binge on occasion, don't really know how to stop that

I hope all of you are doing well also, please share your story.

Wow - thats great, keep it up x
  • HotDog1969
    HotDog1969 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I started 28th December 2011 and have lost 88lb so far. The first 20 lb dropped off stupidly quickly so I put that down to water weight and huge Xmas excess :-)

Still a long way to go and I am trying to keep a sensible 2lb a week loss from now.

Everyone is doing amazingly well!
  • bellaboo07
    bellaboo07 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i started 2nd jan at 243and am currently 176.
  • missfizzi
    missfizzi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi well i lost 42lb last year but came to a stand still till January when i upped my excersise and lost another 28lb but have had a struggle with stress and what not and i am trying really hard not to give in as i have another 35lb to loose but unfortunatly have gained weight in the last few weeks only 5lb but i need insperation, i am going to really push my self again as i cant let my self go backwards after all this hard work.:ohwell:
  • Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I STARTED ON JAN 9TH AT 390 GOT IT DOWN TO 350 BY MAY BUT A KNEE INJURY HAS PUT ME DOWN FOR TWO WEEKS AND I'VE GAINED ABOUT 15 POUNDS BACK SO I'M AT 25LBS LOST IN 5 MONTHS
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I started on Jan 3rd at 187lbs and I'm now 166 :) I did manage to get down to 160 but went on holiday for 2 weeks and then it took me a couple weeks after to pick up on all the exercise again. You're doing so great! Well done!! Keep it up :)
  • ines25
    ines25 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I started January 16 starting weight 152 now I weight 139lb need to do better
    Well my first 6weeks I didn't lose a pound but now my weight is going down
  • lorforde
    lorforde Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started Jan 12th and was 214.75 and am 182.5 now. I was doing great but this past month has been very up and down and I have levelled off at the same weight I was at the end of last month, so no loss this month at all :angry:
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    Started January 2nd at 185. Now at 163. It's going slowly, but I did have about 3 stressful months and slacked off a bit.
    I've gotten in gear again. :smile: