Looking Good For Christmas!

Options

Replies

• Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Morning all.
    Had dinner at a freinds house. Think I did okay but I did not exercise.
    Got TOM and the scale was not nice this morning. Not sure I want to post weight tomorrow. I guess I'll have to though. Next week shoule be better.

Have a great day all.

Memaw

I hate the TOM gain, but I love the losses the next week. :)
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    So is it too late to join you guys? I am always looking for a way to keep myself motivated and boy do I have a BIG motivation for Christmas. I have to tell this story so you guys can understand where my HUGE motivation is coming from.

My husband has 2 older brothers. Well, one of my sister-in-laws (I'll call her :devil: ) has serious jealousy issues with myself and my other sis-in-law (it's just the type of person she is). The :devil: is a very petite person, has had a boob job and a tummy tuck and they are always trying to "keep up with the Jones'es". Anyways for the past 8 years (since I have had my children and gained my weight), she always buys shirts that are wwwwaaaayyyy too small for me and gives them to me for Christmas. For example, last Christmas she bought me a Medium fitted shirt and a Medium sweater. Now, mind you I am 5'10 and 188 pounds at the time! :grumble: I haven't fit into a medium since high school. Plus, both she and her husband always like to take stabs at either my height and weight whenever they can. Another example, my husband recently celebrated his 30th b-day. On his card was the saying "I know what turns you on...", they put a picture of a really hot girl in a bikini and wrote down her leg "Carrie in 1996"!!:explode: :mad: :explode:

So, I made the decision this year (after receiving the medium shirts) that I was going to make a change. That's just how bad it upset me! I have kept those two shirts hanging in my closet since Christmas as a reminder. I am happy to say that I wore the Medium fitted shirt this past weekend and you should have seen the look on her face when she saw me in it!!! :love: I have my mind set that if she's going to continue taking stabs at me during Christmas, then I'm going to make her go to the kids section to find shirts that are too small! :happy:

Now with all that said, can I please join and you guys help me get revenge this Christmas??

SW (June 2009): 188
    CW: 179

Thanks!
    :heart: Carrie
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Welcome everyone.

Weekends are bad for me too. I completely understand. I know you can do this though. Just remember you can have a bite, just don't overdue. Portion, Portion, Portion. I kno it is hard to do, but you can do it. Someone else had a great suggestion to do an Angel Food Cake. I hope you have a great weekend. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the encouragment, Jennifer!! I didn't do so well this weekend, although it could have been worse. But, I am back on track today. Before, if I "messed up" I would just say "oh well, I'll start over again on Monday." I've learned to get right back on track after a "slip". Today, I am extremely focused.
    Well, you probably did better than I did. I am using the excuse that my fiance' is only here one more weekend before he moves South (Springfield, Missouri) for at least 6 months. I am so sad, so I am not paying attention to my food too much on the weekend. When it is just me, it will be much easier.
    Have a great week.:bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    For lunch I had thick yoplait yogurt with chopped walnut and a dab of cool whipped. yum thought I was eating a slice of lime pie.

For dinner We aare going out to eat. Our 53 Wedding anniversary. Wish me well on my food choice.
    Caliecat
    Congrats on 53 years. That is fantastic!!!
    Question for you. Are you eating every 3 hours? For a lifestyle change they recommend eating 5 mini-meals a day. I know it may be hard at first, but you can do it. Just cut your portions down from the 3 meals you eat a day. In order to lose weight you have to eat. I know that sounds weird, but it is true. That is how I lost my first 20 pounds.
    I hope you have a great day today and nite with your hubby.:bigsmile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    So is it too late to join you guys? I am always looking for a way to keep myself motivated and boy do I have a BIG motivation for Christmas. I have to tell this story so you guys can understand where my HUGE motivation is coming from.

My husband has 2 older brothers. Well, one of my sister-in-laws (I'll call her :devil: ) has serious jealousy issues with myself and my other sis-in-law (it's just the type of person she is). The :devil: is a very petite person, has had a boob job and a tummy tuck and they are always trying to "keep up with the Jones'es". Anyways for the past 8 years (since I have had my children and gained my weight), she always buys shirts that are wwwwaaaayyyy too small for me and gives them to me for Christmas. For example, last Christmas she bought me a Medium fitted shirt and a Medium sweater. Now, mind you I am 5'10 and 188 pounds at the time! :grumble: I haven't fit into a medium since high school. Plus, both she and her husband always like to take stabs at either my height and weight whenever they can. Another example, my husband recently celebrated his 30th b-day. On his card was the saying "I know what turns you on...", they put a picture of a really hot girl in a bikini and wrote down her leg "Carrie in 1996"!!:explode: :mad: :explode:

So, I made the decision this year (after receiving the medium shirts) that I was going to make a change. That's just how bad it upset me! I have kept those two shirts hanging in my closet since Christmas as a reminder. I am happy to say that I wore the Medium fitted shirt this past weekend and you should have seen the look on her face when she saw me in it!!! :love: I have my mind set that if she's going to continue taking stabs at me during Christmas, then I'm going to make her go to the kids section to find shirts that are too small! :happy:

Now with all that said, can I please join and you guys help me get revenge this Christmas??

SW (June 2009): 188
    CW: 179

Thanks!
    :heart: Carrie
    Carrie, welcome to the thread. We are glad to help you. Boy, she sounds even worse than the :devil: . What a mean person. That is great though, that you are showing her. Good for you. Doesn't it feel good. Hang in there, you will be at your goal weight in no time. :bigsmile:
  • cpafford79
    cpafford79 Posts: 88
    Options
    [/quote]
    Boy, she sounds even worse than the :devil: . What a mean person.
    [/quote]

OMG, if you only knew! :noway: I am so motivated to keep going not only for myself but so I can seek sweet revenge! :smooched:
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Carrie, can't believe people are so shallow, but then again to someone who has had a boob job and a tummy tuck to keep looking good probably thinks that looking good is the only important thing in the world. Not all men are turned on by centerfold type bodies, some get turned on by great conversation, some by a woman who can work on a car one who loves sports. I will help to keep you motivated so you can have your revenge. I was trained to "be nice"...."if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all!" so when I hear stories about people who say mean nasty things especially to family members I don't get it. Being supportive and nice is a much easier way to live life than being mean and nasty. So hang in there drink your water, get your exercise and eat healthy.:flowerforyou:
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    cpaff - you cracked me up! Isn't it sad how small-minded people have to try to hurt others to make themselves feel better?

It amazes me from reading different threads how there seems to be an "instant" that drives people (who are serious about it) to a lifestyle change. For me, it was seeing an Easter picture of myself in my church dress (which, at the time, I thought I looked pretty good in). I looked like a floral beached whale. :angry: BLEH! Decided then and there to start treating my body with respect.

Welcome - I look forward to your "I showed HER" story for Christmas :flowerforyou:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning , I lost it last night. overdid it on eating out, but back on track this morning. Woe is me. This is why I don;t get anywhere. One of these days i will learn my lessons.

Since i recorded my weight as of Sunday, I will wait until Sunday to update my chart.

Have a wonderful day all.
    Caliecat
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Haha! :laugh: Love it cpafford79!!! It's gonna feel so good when you are smokin hot:smokin: at Christmas and you can feel proud of all the hard work you put into it!

Plus, anyone can change their appearance through surgery but when you have to work at it naturally it changes a person inside and out! :flowerforyou:

I'm tall too, 5'11", and it's hard not to just feel big around all these petites, but let's look long, lean and toned, and show them all! Cheers! :drinker:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    my motivation for looking good for Christmas is that I outweigh both of my sisters, my mother and my father by at least 40 pounds. And I probably could go pound for pound with each of my brother-in-laws.
    I don't like being the "big" one in the family. I look at our Christmas pictures from last year, and I can't believe it's me. I want to go this year 25 pounds lighter.

Good look to everyone.:happy:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    My moment was when I saw my picture last Christmas!!! So this is the perfect challenge for me!
    I am the biggest of all of my family, sister in laws, and most of the men! I'm the shortest and the widest!! That is not fun!!! And I want to feel better, health wise and emotionally!!

WE WILL DO THIS!!!

Memaw
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    WE WILL ALL DO THIS!!:flowerforyou:

Just finished my workout for today...yipeeee!
  • MrsMoore143
    Options
    My first week on MFP is done ( i had a few off days :sad: )

MFP starting weight: 230
    Current weight: 228
    Total Lost: 2 :ohwell:
    Goal weight by Christmas: 180
    Weight left to lose by Christmas: 48
    Goal weight:150
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    My motivation is to improve my health so I can be more active with my kids and be a good role model for them when it comes to leading a healthy lifestyle. Christmas is a nice milestone where I will be able to celebrate the progress I have made towards that.

Take care all,
    Tammy
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    So I again fell off the wagon again. Back on tomorrow morning. I am going to go and pack myself a healthy lunch and set aside my breakfast! I need to do this for me...I keep telling myself. I have been so stressed lately and I keep turning to food.

The good news is that I have been eatting so many fresh fruits lately that anything deep fried that I eat tastes terrible. My parents ordered chinese tonight from my favorite restaurant and everything tasted terrible. So back to the healthy food. :)

Wish me luck on getting through tomorrow on eatting healthy and getting a workout in.

And Good Luck to everyone else too...:flowerforyou:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Start Date July 15 - Starting weight 189 lbs.
    Week 1 July 22 - 187.5 lbs (-1.5)
    Week 2 July 29

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7 Canadian Thanksgiving is on Monday
    Week 13 October 14 .
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 American Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!
    My goal is to lose 30 lbs. by Christmas to bring me down to 159 lbs. Yay ... good luck all!!

Looks like I've lost 1.5 lbs since last week ... I'll take it :smile:
  • bakergirl62
    bakergirl62 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 136
    Week 1 July 22 - 135
    Week 2 July 29

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7
    Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Start Date July 15 Starting weight 137
    Week 1 July 22 136 (-1 lb, -1 inch)
    Week 2 July 29

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7
    Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25 Thanksgiving is Tomorrow!

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23

1 pound is 1 pound!! Plus I lost 1 Inch!!
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    One week done and 2 lb. GONE...Yipeeee:happy:

bakergirl62, Magglett & Jacqueline 0821 GREAT job on your loss :flowerforyou:

Good Luck to everyone else who has not checked in yet today:wink: