Looking Good For Christmas!

Options

Replies

• TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Anyone can join, and its never too late. We are working on getting a better body by Christmas. We are weighing in on Wednesdays. (but you can weigh in anytime you want) Welcome and good luck!

Hopefully everyone had a better eating weekend than I did. We spent 4 hours in the car Friday after work driving to Sioux Falls to visit relatives. When we got there we sat around drinking and eating.

In the morning we packed up and drove 3 hours to a birthday party where we sat around eating and drinking. After the party we got back in the car and drove and hour to my parents house. Where my mom thinks you need to be eating all the time. Sunday we got in the car and drive 2.5 hours back home. I was going to get on the exercise bike for an hour but spent my time cleaning the house and doing laundry.
    It was a great weekend for seeing people, but bad for my weight loss journey.

On a more positive note I got my 5k walk in this morning and my breakfast of yogurt, blueberries and fiber one bran cereal was delicious and very low in calories.

Going to drink extra water today to help flush the salt from the system from all the processed food of the weekend.
  • new_Kendra
    new_Kendra Posts: 80
    Options
    Start Date July 13 Starting weight 245
    Week 1 July 20 ~ 241 - Woop!!!
    Week 2 July 27

Week 3 August 3
    Week 4 August 10
    Week 5 August 17
    Week 6 August 24
    Week 7 August 31

Week 8 September 7
    Week 9 September 14
    Week 10 September 21
    Week 11 September 28

Week 12 October 5
    Week 13 October 12
    Week 14 October 19
    Week 15 October 26

Week 16 November 2
    Week 17 November 9
    Week 18 November 16
    Week 19 November 23
    Week 20 November 30

Week 21 December 7
    Week 22 December 14
    Week 23 December 21 - Christmas Week

Congrats! :drinker: <--- water of course! :smile:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful weekend visiting relatives. Maybe you didn't do as badly as you thought you did.What do we do our next wi. do we copy and paste all over again or do we go back to our original chart? I have no experence in this.

For breakfast I am having Spinach scouffle with a porched egg on top and some taco sauce for 285 calories.

Caliecat
  • new_Kendra
    new_Kendra Posts: 80
    Options
    Welcome everyone.

Just change the dates for Monday weigh-ins.

It was a cold windy morning here and I almost talked myself out of my morning walk, but then I decided to do a short one but once I got out there and got moving I got in a 3 mile walk before it was time to head home and start working.

Don't let the weekend interfere with the healthy eating and exercise! (Weekends have been my enemy for diet and weight loss.)

Keep thinking thin by Christmas!
    You can do this, just remember why you are wanting to lose the weight. You can always have a bite, but just remember to portion what you eat. Believe me I know how hard that is. I know you can do it. Have a wonderful weekend.:bigsmile:

Weekends are my downfall too. My uncle is coming into town from New York this weekend and my mother is having a big cookout at the park. As usual, I have been asked to make a trifle. It usually gets devoured in like 10 minutes. Maybe I will take a walk through the park or something right before they serve dessert and it will be all gone when I get back :happy: BUT, she is going to have strawberry cake, pound cake, and some other cake :ohwell: *sigh* this is going to be a struggle, but I CAN DO IT!
    Weekends are bad for me too. I completely understand. I know you can do this though. Just remember you can have a bite, just don't overdue. Portion, Portion, Portion. I kno it is hard to do, but you can do it. Someone else had a great suggestion to do an Angel Food Cake. I hope you have a great weekend. :bigsmile:

Thanks for the encouragment, Jennifer!! I didn't do so well this weekend, although it could have been worse. But, I am back on track today. Before, if I "messed up" I would just say "oh well, I'll start over again on Monday." I've learned to get right back on track after a "slip". Today, I am extremely focused.
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    I would think the easiest way to post weigh-ins would be to find your post from the week before and copy and paste then add your weight for the week.

Welcome to any newcomers.

I counted it last week and there were 23 weeks til Christmas and I would like to lose a pound a week until Christmas...more would be better but do not want to set my goal so high it is not attainable for me. Some here are shooting for 2 pounds a week. Set your own goal and join us for weekly weigh-ins and support.
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so good on Saturday (spent the day at a Bowling Tournament, limited food selections), but yesterday I did an extra workout and stuck to my plan.
    This morning I did 40 minute workout and had a bowl of Cherrios with Skim milk.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Happy Monday all. I didn't get a workout in this weekend (grrr) But I did get some pull time playing with the kids.
    Breakfast 3 egg whites, banana and a WW english muffin.

I have my lunch and snacks logged already, and I think I know what I'm doing for dinner, but not 100% sure if it will be tonight or tomorrow.

Lunch is quinoa with grilled veggies and carrots and snacks are yogurt with berries and an apple.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Didn't do so well this weekend. Had some beer and at badly on Saturday.
    Gained a little over a pound but I am also about to have TOM so that could be part of it.
    I have to eat really light today as we are having dinner at my friend's house and she does NOT cook diet healthy. So I will have to save my calories for that. Hopefully we will be home early enough to get in a work out.

Hope every one has a great day and stays healthy!

Memaw
  • anthrochix
    anthrochix Posts: 264
    Options
    Hey, y'all! I did fairly decent over the weekend (they are soooo tough for me). We had friends invite us out on Saturday so I got my butt on the trampoline for 1/2 an hour because I know that this lady never has healthy food. Tasty, but so much sugar and fat UGH! I must have done a good job on the trampoline because I broke the darn thing! Now I need a new one :grumble: . I did have some of her food, but I really controlled the portion size. Overall I was only 20 calories over.

Breakfast was low sugar (store brand) oatmeal with skim milk and green tea.
    Lunch was green giant digestive health veggies, 1 piece whole wheat bread, a black bean veggie burger patty and some fresh cherries.

On a side note - does anyone know anything about APD (auditory processing disorder)? Would appreciate some input if you do.

Have a great Monday - weigh in in 2 days :huh:
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    What a wonderful weekend visiting relatives. Maybe you didn't do as badly as you thought you did.What do we do our next wi. do we copy and paste all over again or do we go back to our original chart? I have no experence in this.

For breakfast I am having Spinach scouffle with a porched egg on top and some taco sauce for 285 calories.

Caliecat

For lunch I had thick yoplait yogurt with chopped walnut and a dab of cool whipped. yum thought I was eating a slice of lime pie.

For dinner We aare going out to eat. Our 53 Wedding anniversary. Wish me well on my food choice.
    Caliecat
  • TCASMEY
    Options
    Congratulations on 53 years. My parents will celebrate that milestone in November.

Reading through the posts it looks like we all struggle with our weekend workouts and eating. Just working to change those bad habits into good habits.
  • Daisy_May
    Daisy_May Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My hard part with weekends is eating enough, I find when I'm out and about I'd rather not eat anythign rather then make a bad choice. SO I end up eating breafast and then a huge diner to make up the calories, plus I never drink enough water on the weekends but during the week I drink more then I need to!
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Calie- Congrats on 53 years! That is so wonderful. have a wonderful Anniversary.:heart: Well we went to Dallas yesterday. We got a late start 12pm. We drove to Arlington and ate at Dave & Buster's. I had a steak sandwich and a few fries. I am not a drinker at all but they have a great drink menu. I got this frozen drink with pinapple rum, bicardi, pina colada rum and blue stuff I don't know the name of. It was soooo very yummy!!!!! We played in the game room for about an hour. I am realy good at those light games where you have to stop the light at a certain spot to win . I won 3 times on one and once on another machine. Avery was able to pick out 2 stuft animals with the tickets I won. We had a blast! We didn't get home until 2 Am. I walked this morning 2 miles. I'll walk 2 more tonight. I am 100 % back on track. I didn't gain any weight last week but I didn't lose any either. I hope to see a big loss this week. I will weigh in and post my stats on the 22'nd. Oh and the Dallas area is so much nicer than Odessa/ Midland. Have a great day everyone- Cindy :heart:
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! :flowerforyou:

Saturday I didn't get to excersise, but ate pretty well, even with the giant cup of frozen yogurt(with toppings:ohwell: ) that I devoured without a second thought!

I was able to get in a good 5 mile run in on Sunday because the weather was AMAZING!!!:love:

And today is so far so good! 3.5 mile run this morning and if I stick to the plan I'll be under my calories.
    Maybe just enough for a rum and diet coke? :drinker:

Really hoping for a pound loss when we weigh in on Wed! That will put me in the 150's!!!!!
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    Hey I'm joining late!
    I'm hoping to lose 50 pounds by christmas
    that's like 2.01 pounds per week
    I'm going to stay within limits everyday because now that I have a hrm
    I can be accurate with my exercise!

Start Date July 20th 235
    Week 1 July 22
    Week 2 July 29

Week 3 August 5
    Week 4 August 12
    Week 5 August 19
    Week 6 August 26

Week 7 September 2 Labor Day is Monday
    Week 8 September 9
    Week 9 September 16
    Week 10 September 23
    Week 11 September 30

Week 12 October 7
    Week 13 October 14
    Week 14 October 21
    Week 15 October 28 thanks giving

Week 16 November 4
    Week 17 November 11
    Week 18 November 18
    Week 19 November 25

Week 20 December 2
    Week 21 December 9
    Week 22 December 16
    Week 23 December 23 Christmas Eve is Tomorrow!
    Week 23
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    In browsing the internet I ran across Betty Crocker impossible pie. Which we all have heard about. And the calories and carbs are quite low. Not the sweet ones but the meat and veggie ones. I will be making the spinach one as soon as I go to the store. Here is the link if you would like to check it out.\Caliecat

http://www.bettycrocker.com/search/searchresults.aspx?terms=all+impossible+pies
  • jkroc
    jkroc Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Hi! Sat. was spent at the spa:wink: Didn't get my workout in....but did I relax. Sunday I did my 2 1/2 miles as well as 2 1/2 miles yesterday. My food choices have been good. Can't wait to see what the scale says tomorrow..
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Morning all.
    Had dinner at a freinds house. Think I did okay but I did not exercise.
    Got TOM and the scale was not nice this morning. Not sure I want to post weight tomorrow. I guess I'll have to though. Next week shoule be better.

Have a great day all.

Memaw
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Options
    Morning all.
    Had dinner at a freinds house. Think I did okay but I did not exercise.
    Got TOM and the scale was not nice this morning. Not sure I want to post weight tomorrow. I guess I'll have to though. Next week shoule be better.

Have a great day all.

Memaw

Hi there Memaw ... my weight always shoots up about 4 lbs. during my TOM. I like to record that because then I know the next week shows an awesome loss. No worries :flowerforyou:
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Morning. Last night was a killer workout including 15 knee push ups! Most I have ever done in my life. I'm still riding the high from that this morning :happy:

Breakfast 3 hardboiled egg whites, one egg yolk, WW english muffin and a banana.
    Lunch will be pasta made from quinoa and an artichoke sauce.