Would you date a one night stand?

Options
13»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Just interested in everyone's views on this. Would you date someone you had hooked up with?

Anyone met their current partner that way?

Been together 10 years, married almost 8, 3 children.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I dated him, then I married him. Although it was more like a one morning stand.

There were others I dated, and still others I didn't see again...
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I've dated a guy who was a one night stand. It was fun, I wasn't looking for anything super serious (I was like 19) and neither was he, so we casually dated, and had a great time. I think it can work, if you're interested in a relationship, I just wasn't interested in long term relationships at the time in my life when I was having one night stands.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    In a little over two weeks, I'm going to marry a guy that for all intents and purposes was supposed to be a one-night-stand.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    Just interested in everyone's views on this. Would you date someone you had hooked up with?

Oh, and if anyone asks, we met at a pizza restaurant NOT a bar.
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Met my guy online, went on a date, smitten beyond belief, then slept with him. It's been 2 1/2 years since. Not that I'm going to marry him or that the relationship is a complete success yet...Obviously I'm young still...I realize this. But, I don't regret my one-night-stand either way. I felt awful right after it happened (I don't exactly make a habit out of one-night-stands), and I thought he had used me...But, when we kept seeing each other, I realized my "mistake" led to something wonderful. If we get married then I'm REALLY not going to regret it. :)
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    No way. I dont want a guy who drops his pants in two seconds. What a slut!

party-BlackNEWTRANS.png
  • MichkaMeShell
    MichkaMeShell Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    lmfao
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    I have before. It actually turned out pretty well and we dated for about 9 months. My lifestyle turned out to be a problem tho (military deployments are tough for gf's)
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    It isn't really a one night stand if you start dating them...lol
    And...I doubt I would ever sleep with something that I wouldn't want to date.
  • 10acity
    10acity Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a one-night stand. So... no.
  • Rae6503
    Options
    And...I doubt I would ever sleep with something that I wouldn't want to date.

Clearly you have never been drunk. :drinker:
  • CouchSpud
    CouchSpud Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    My ex relationship started with a one night stand... why not? The whole idea of having to start super slow to getting to know each other is kinda... strange to me. If you like each other go for it.. :D
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options

Oh, and if anyone asks, we met at a pizza restaurant NOT a bar.

Hey - I met Sean in a bar!!