Hypothyroid treated? Results?

Options
13»

Replies

• Alyssabearrr
    Options
    i am in the process right now of finding out what is wrong with my thyroid, the doctors found 3 nodules on it and awaiting tests, hope its not serious!
  • alinda1229
    Options
    Oh I am going through it right now I take 200mg and still wont level out but am doing a little better and the medication does help a lot. I am sure from what my doc tells me I will have to have mine removed completly.
  • alinda1229
    Options
    I love that tattoo
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    The pill won't do anything to create wt loss, it's stabilizing your thyroid, working out, making sure your stress hormones are calm, eating right for the thyroid which us high protein, veggies and good fats, no soy or goitrogens. It matters what medications you are on, what your frame if mind is, supplements, etc...

Sorry to be stupid, but what are goitrogens? I'll google it to, but curious. I have heard about soy, but no the other.

By the way, I've been hypo & treated since the birth of my oldest (9 yeasr), it is possible to lose weight, but I wouldn't call it easy. You may find that you need to work a bit harder, but it isn't an excuse to give up more of a realization that you have to play the hand you are dealt.
  • relly1008
    relly1008 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Well i just went to the lab to check mine i will know it tomorrow because i think i'm loosing weight too slow, so i want to check that and ask to my Dr. for the thyroid, sugar and other tests just to know that everything is ok, and if everything is good that means that i have to change something, about my diet and excercises.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!