approx. how big is a 4oz chicken breast?

Options
petemeep
petemeep Posts: 62 Member
we eat a lot of chicken breast but I think they are bigger than one serving but not sure?

Replies

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    about the size of a deck of cards
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    about the size of a deck of cards. most of the chicken breasts purchased at the grocery store are 8 to 10 ounces each. I usually cut them in half before cooking so I am not tempted to eat the whole thing!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i have always heard that 4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.
  • petemeep
    petemeep Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Wow yeah our chicken breasts are huge!...lol Thanks!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    i have always heard that 4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.

This
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member
    Options

Got to love hormones :-/
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I found the best way to know is just to simply buy a food scale . I got mine from target, was like 25 bucks I believe. I use it to measure everything! All my meats , lettuce, fruits, veggies. . . Everything! I thought I used to eyeball pretty accurate and wasn't losing weight. I bought the scale and am exercising so hard and it's coming off. :)
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    You should get a food scale-- you can find them all over the place in the household/kitchen section of many stores or Walmart. I weigh my food every day because I want to know the exact weight!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I have also recently noticed the incredible size of chicken breasts (particularly Tyson). Probably shouldn't, but it disturbs me.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    Options
    You should get a food scale-- you can find them all over the place in the household/kitchen section of many stores or Walmart. I weigh my food every day because I want to know the exact weight!

This
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options

WM sells them for less than $10- and weigh BEFORE cooking
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    A 4 oz chicken breast is approximately 4 oz big.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    It's approximately 4 ounces.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member
    Options

What do you think *enhanced* frozen filets means? :laugh: they're padded
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member
    Options

it is truly amazing when you THINK you know how much something weighs but you really dont. We weigh/measure everything. I hope one day I wont have to but for now it's the ONLY true way to know exactly what I am putting in my mouth.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Dang!! All I saw was Breast...didn't realize it was the one belonging to the Chicken....Booo
  • vthetigercat
    Options
    You can get a food scale from Target for about $4.99.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    deck o cards
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    get a scale and weigh it
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    If you go to Sam's club, you can pay a little more any buy the pre-portioned 5oz frozen breasts. That's what I do because I'm lazy.