Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

approx. how big is a 4oz chicken breast?

petemeep
petemeep Posts: 62 Member
we eat a lot of chicken breast but I think they are bigger than one serving but not sure?

Replies

• tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    about the size of a deck of cards
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    about the size of a deck of cards. most of the chicken breasts purchased at the grocery store are 8 to 10 ounces each. I usually cut them in half before cooking so I am not tempted to eat the whole thing!
  • tmtolbert
    tmtolbert Posts: 59 Member
    i have always heard that 4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.
  • petemeep
    petemeep Posts: 62 Member
    Wow yeah our chicken breasts are huge!...lol Thanks!
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    i have always heard that 4 oz of meat is about the size of a deck of cards or the palm of your hand.

This
  • weightlosshippie
    weightlosshippie Posts: 31 Member

Got to love hormones :-/
  • luvinlife58
    luvinlife58 Posts: 40 Member
    I found the best way to know is just to simply buy a food scale . I got mine from target, was like 25 bucks I believe. I use it to measure everything! All my meats , lettuce, fruits, veggies. . . Everything! I thought I used to eyeball pretty accurate and wasn't losing weight. I bought the scale and am exercising so hard and it's coming off. :)
  • SierraElegance
    SierraElegance Posts: 86 Member
    You should get a food scale-- you can find them all over the place in the household/kitchen section of many stores or Walmart. I weigh my food every day because I want to know the exact weight!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I have also recently noticed the incredible size of chicken breasts (particularly Tyson). Probably shouldn't, but it disturbs me.
  • jfl613
    jfl613 Posts: 71
    You should get a food scale-- you can find them all over the place in the household/kitchen section of many stores or Walmart. I weigh my food every day because I want to know the exact weight!

This
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member

WM sells them for less than $10- and weigh BEFORE cooking
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    A 4 oz chicken breast is approximately 4 oz big.
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    It's approximately 4 ounces.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Jill_newimprovedversion Posts: 988 Member

What do you think *enhanced* frozen filets means? :laugh: they're padded
  • myrahonbarrier
    myrahonbarrier Posts: 191 Member

it is truly amazing when you THINK you know how much something weighs but you really dont. We weigh/measure everything. I hope one day I wont have to but for now it's the ONLY true way to know exactly what I am putting in my mouth.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,284 Member
    Dang!! All I saw was Breast...didn't realize it was the one belonging to the Chicken....Booo
  • vthetigercat
    vthetigercat Posts: 35 Member
    You can get a food scale from Target for about $4.99.
  • Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    deck o cards
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    get a scale and weigh it
  • misscristie
    misscristie Posts: 643 Member
    If you go to Sam's club, you can pay a little more any buy the pre-portioned 5oz frozen breasts. That's what I do because I'm lazy.