I need help please

Options
im losing my motivation i dont see results so im getting really down right now someone please help me..

Replies

• jvansyckel
    jvansyckel Posts: 45
    Options
    Hi Todd! Don't give up, this is a journey and sometimes there are roadblocks and detours. How long have you been doing MFP? Have you had any success but are now at a plateau?
  • CaraColleen
    CaraColleen Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Don't give up, Todd! Keep at it, the results will come eventually!
  • jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    There are so many good reasons to keep it up! Find your reasons and stick to it!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Toddy!!!Looks like you just joined. You can do this! A good start would be to share your diary so that if you need help people can give you advice.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Looks like you just joined this site in May you did not gain all your weight over night and you will not loose it overnight. Take small gradual changes such as cut out fast food. Then a while later cut something else. Walk around the block if you cant do that walk to your mailbox till you can walk around the block. There are a few ppl here that have lost 200 or more. Replace you processed foods with whole foods. Replace your surgary snacks with healthy snacks apples, bannannas, nuts, strawberries, raspberriesm whatever just one step at a time.
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up...you can do this. the hardest step was to get started!!!
    Its not always easy for anyone, but you will feel motivated and fulfilled when you have pushed through each time you want to give up.
    What are the reasons you got started on MFP? Keep your goals in front of you for motivation. this is not a sprint...its a marathon and a lifestyle change process - not a DIE it so to speak :)
    Maybe keeping a "thoughts" journal as well as a food journal would help...get it all out of your system by writing it down - maybe???
    or beat this feeling by doing a really tough work out...show this thing who's boss!!!
    good luck!
  • groomchick
    groomchick Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Can't give up now sweetie... your just geting started!! You can do this, one day at a time...I know it's hard... anything worth having is worth working for> Friend me and hop on the motivation train! :wink:
  • missywill1
    missywill1 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Todd, I just started this week---this is after I have been through every diet known to man....I have finally come to the realization that it is simple math...more calories out than in.

I have been frustrated too...I had 1/2 of my thyroid removed 8 years ago and have had a weight problem ever since. For a long time it was my excuse but that didn't get me anywhere except up---2 dress sizes.

I am having a hard time with the 1200 calories, but it is working---stick to that...your body will adjust within a short period of time.

Stick with it with me!
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Todd, don't give up. Look back at what started you on this fantastic journey, see it in your mind, remind yourself why it was important to you... feel free to add me as a friend for the motivational factor. Believe me, I can use all the ones I can get too
  • truss08
    truss08 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hey Todd,
    You know you can do this right!!?? It is a big step for everyone trying to lose weight, but you do not want to give up!! Let me help you out!! Message me on here sometime and we can talk :-)
  • AliciaNorris81
    AliciaNorris81 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I didn't see a change in the scale/wait for the first 2 weeks or so! Then I joined MFP and after about another week things started changing.

When you switch to a healthier lifestyle it takes time for the body to adjust and "reset" as my dietitian says. You will get there! And if you need a friend, feel free to add me. I will encourage you in any way I can!
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Todd, please don't give up!! Stay strong, this journey takes time and dedication. I am in the same boat as you. My weight has not moved in over 3 weeks!! I am eating well, exercising and still the scale has not moved. I am not going to give up. I have though shed some tears (frustration) and will continue on MFP.

You can do this, hardwork and dedication will get you there!!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    It is really hard to get going when you have a lot to lose but when you do you will notice it really well. Work out why you want to do this & set sensible goals that you know you can achieve. Add as many friends who are in a similar situation to you as you can & some who are a little further ahead than you too!!
    Not sure if you inclined but I am convinced that the power of prayer helps too!
    God bless you on your journey.
    Add me if you would like to!
  • CampinGal34
    CampinGal34 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Keep your chin up Todd!! This is not easy!! All of us have been discouraged! Add some friends (feel free to add me) to help keep your attitude and motivation up---it makes a world of a difference. MFP has great people, tools and motivation!! Keep it up!!!
  • TheTallMan
    TheTallMan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey man, you got this. Just take it one day at a time and keep working hard. If you need tips on food or exercise, ask anybody on here, there's some good information out there if you're struggling, keep at it!
  • hennyben
    hennyben Posts: 317
    Options
    Hang in there! It will take time (probably years) so you need to decide this is what you want and be patient! This website is so great for inspiration. Look up some of the success stories, and you'll see there are so many people trying to do the same thing. We are all here for a reason, just remember it is a lifestyle not a quick fix.
  • Snoopy108
    Snoopy108 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Just keep trying! We all struggle. I have tried several times to do this. Just keep your head up and smile and know that you are worth it! Baby steps! Friend me and we can motivate each other to make our lives the best they can be...:smile:
  • lala11975
    lala11975 Posts: 26
    Options
    There is no giving up, this is your life now, there is no going back!! You only live once, so make it count. Just keep doing what you are doing and it will start coming off.
  • DakotaKeogh
    DakotaKeogh Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. That's not an option. It's going to take a while to see change. And a very long time to meet your goal. But, along the way you'll change in so many ways you'll reach a point you know you can never turn back. Build up your friends list and get some support. This may become your greatest resource.
  • AmyVC123
    AmyVC123 Posts: 13
    Options
    I'll tell you what I told a coworker just a few minutes ago - The only way to loose at this is to QUIT. As long as you keep making ANY effort, you still have the upper hand. Take small steps on the hard days and big steps on the easy days. You're still making progress!!!

Don't quit, Todd!!!!