Body Tattoos

Options
124»

Replies

• Tdk4685
    Tdk4685 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Sure, but make sure you look a the portfolio of the tattoo artists first. Choose someone who is experienced and professional.
  • MommaNicole22
    Options
    Do it!!

I have 8 tattoos (hip,wrists,forearm,chest,fingers,shoulder) tattoos are awesome!! I love them, specially when losing weight ill be treating my self to another tattoo at 50lbs lost. ^.^
  • Micksgurl
    Micksgurl Posts: 84
    Options
    I got my first one a little over a year ago and I dont regret it at ALLLLLLL!!!
  • barefootkandi
    Options
    I have 2, and love them. Thinking about a third.

I do think tattoos should have meaning for you, and be personal. I agree that if it's a foreign phrase make sure a native speaker you know and trust can verify the phrase is rendered correctly.

As for whether it's visible all the time or not..... A lot of companies are okay with visible tattoos, but I've worked for 2 companies that aren't. And some companies will say it's acceptable but if you look at the management you won't see a single person in management with a visible tat.
  • nucreeman
    nucreeman Posts: 40
    Options
    This will not be a popular response. I believe that many tattoos are tacky, unattractive, and poorly thought out. In 20 years or less, many folks are going to suffer from Tattooers' Remorse. I would make sure to have it done in a spot that can be covered because tattoos violate the dress codes of many companies. As for tattoos being the mark of an original person, it's not ground-breaking, iconoclastic, or defiant to do something that everyone else is doing. It's conformist.

If you select a foreign phrase, make sure a native speaker of the language confirms that it has been correctly rendered.

May you pick a nice one.

I've had my oldest tattoo for almost 10 years... till don't regret it. The only people I know with "remorse" are people who went to crappy artists to begin with and got shoddy work. I absolutely love the way my body looks with tattoos, and have no intention to stop. And it's never stopped me from getting a job.
    My first tat was 15 years ago still love it! I have 4, and will probaby stop after my next. They are all non visible at work with the exception of my neck tat. I haven't had any problems at work, I have been employed with my state family court for 10 years. I think it should have meaning personally. Superman symbols, etc are so lame to me.
  • Neequie
    Neequie Posts: 48
    Options
    I used to think tattoos were trashy, UNTIL....my daughter and I got into a disagreement that lasted a year, she was away at college and did not even come home. I had her when I was 15. We were extremely close, and I raised her all alone, all we had was each other. My heart was BROKEN, and I wanted to die without her. We finally made up, and she came to visit me. She told me she wanted to get matching tattoos, so no matter where we were, we would always be together. Aw Geez...trashy or not, my butt went and got a matching tatto with my special beautiful girl! A fairy, on our left ankle. When she was little, I would go to great lengths to make sure she believed in fairies and all mythical things....I felt she should be a child as long as possible....childhood is entirely too short! Anyway, fairies have that special meaning for us. THEN I got the FEVER!! I went back in the tattoo shop, looking around for another. I got talking to My guy and I told him I had survived cancr and had some extremely large scars high up on my chest and was tired of wearing crew neck tshirts and wishe I could tattoo over my scars because the plastic surgeaon said there was nothing he could do. He looked at my scars and said NO PROBLEM!!! I was ecstatic!! I explained what I wanted (a floral design) and brought him seed packets with pics on them as a guide. He had never done a floral design. He called me the next week and said he had drawn one design. He wanted me to come look and he would alter it from there. I saw it, it was the most gorgeaus design EVER and was PERFECT!! The following week, I had my entire chest covered. My scars are INVISIBLE! I feel like I truly have a new life, I am STRONG, I AM A SURVIVOR! Those tattos on my chest gave me new awesome self esteem! I no longer am embarrassd to wear tank tops, v necks, and sport bras while working out! Sure, I get looks, some good, some bad. I don't give a crap!! Never judge a book by it's cover, ya never know what is underneath!! Do YOU want a tattoo? Will it make YOU happy? Does it MEAN something to you? If you folow those guidlines, you will never regret it! I don't believe in putting names on my body, bu to each his own! My floral design on my chest signifies myself, my daughter and an Ex Boyfriend (of 20 years). I am now married to a wonderful man.I do NOT regret my choice, and he thinks it's beautiful,even though he knows the meaning behind it.His very conservative parents met me and balked at my huge chest tattoo...until they discovered the meaning, and the scars underneath. Before his Mom died a few weeks ago, she told me I had totally changed their minds about tattoos!! I know this is long and I'm sorry, but this was the only way to get the feeling across! Happy Tatto-ing!! :happy:
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was never a fan- mainly because they can hide veins on hard to stick patients.

But I admit to thinking about getting one, kind of know the what, just not the where or the when.....
  • mellisaweldon
    Options
    i was wondering the same thing. is a neighbor good enough if they did almost all their own tats and i like those? at least for my smaller ones i also have a back piece in mind but no idea who to go to, and previous person only has small ones soooooo.......... help??????????????????
  • tcbutler
    tcbutler Posts: 146
    Options
    I have four of them, well five as one is a cover up of a very poor one. I love mine and hope to get another one or two some day. Other than the first one, which is the one I had covered up, I made sure that each of mine had a meaning that 50-60 years down the road will still have the same importance or meaning.

Mine are on the upper arms, shoulders, and back. That way I can cover them up if I want/need to, but I very rarely want to cover them up. I am proud of them and like to show them off.
  • ifiwasurvampire
    ifiwasurvampire Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Love them! I currently have 7 but need to have one finished.
  • Hickyvikki69
    Hickyvikki69 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    DO IT! I MYSELF HAVE ONE ON MY ANKLE..BOUT TO GET TWO MORE DONE! I LOVE MY ART ON MY BODY
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos..on me and on others. I have 4 right now
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM!! Im gonna find it hard for a job though in a couple months.... but its becoming a more accepted thing :)
  • Asiral
    Asiral Posts: 133
    Options
    I have some tattoos and love them. Dont regret any of them. My personal rule for myself is to be able to cover them for work.
  • kfitzs
    kfitzs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    i love tattoos waiting till i lose weight till i get more just trying to decide where i want them all first