How can I find out if he's single?!

Options
TeenaMarina
TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
I have a wee mini crush on someone I work with. I don't know if he's married, or in a relationship, or single and available. I'd like to know so that I can (appropriately and subtly) flirt with him, or NOT flirt with him and therefore not make a fool of myself.

So how can I find out without asking him, or asking anyone else (making it obvious I'm interested in him)? Tact is needed. Help! x

Replies

• seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Wedding ring? Pictures of an SO or wife/husband? Does he talk about his GF/BF or similar? Also, maybe just try going for it (at 50% speed) and seeing how he reacts?
  • Laura_Suzie
    Laura_Suzie Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Facebook him. Even if his profile isn't public, there are ways of knowing if someone is single or not by their profile... Facebook stalking can be very effective. haha

Also, it couldn't hurt to just try to become friends with him first. Try having some friendly conversations with him and in time you'll get to know more about him.
  • seventwenty
    Options
    Try having some friendly conversations with him and in time you'll get to know more about him.

Gud add-vice. Who knows, maybe broman's an *kitten*.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options

Gud add-vice. Who knows, maybe broman's an *kitten*.

That's pretty funny :)

No wedding ring, no pics in his office. Doesn't talk about himself much. Doesn't seem to be on Facebook!
  • DrKittyCat
    DrKittyCat Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't know what country you're in...if you're in the US, you can use whitepages.org and put in his name, city, etc. It should give you an address if he's on public record. If someone lives with him at that address, then it will also show up.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Teehee sounds like me and my ex that I work with. I had a huuuggge crush on him but I don't approach guys directly. What I ended up doing was taking opportunities to bring up random convos with him, once he was receptive, I flirted, and he flirted back. It ended up with him asking *me* if I was single. We dated for several months til I broke up with him but we're great friends, and that is very rare for me as I'm never friends with exes. Lol.
  • turningstar
    turningstar Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Well.....I don't have a lot of experience in this area, but maybe you should get to know him? Then ask him out for coffee or something? Maybe im WAY off base here...
  • seventwenty
    Options
    I don't know what country you're in...if you're in the US, you can use whitepages.org and put in his name, city, etc. It should give you an address if he's on public record. If someone lives with him at that address, then it will also show up.

Let the record show that ladies are damn good at this whole Internet research thing. Brahs beware.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options

Let the record show that ladies are damn good at this whole Internet research thing. Brahs beware.

Tee hee, yes we are. Ok, done that; no apparent relatives. I bet he has a girlfriend, sigh. They always do. I should just drop it now.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options

Oh yeah women are brilliant at this kind of thing!

I would suggest, if you're talking to him, to say something like "I can't wait for this weekend, I'm doing XYZ. What about you?" You might be able to gauge his relationship from that.
  • seventwenty
    Options

Tee hee, yes we are. Ok, done that; no apparent relatives. I bet he has a girlfriend, sigh. They always do. I should just drop it now.

Don't be like that, nothing ventured nothing gained!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Follow him for 72 hours.
  • seventwenty
    Options

Oh yeah women are brilliant at this kind of thing!

I would suggest, if you're talking to him, to say something like "I can't wait for this weekend, I'm doing XYZ. What about you?" You might be able to gauge his relationship from that.

Good call. You can also gauge compatibility. If he says "I'm going mountain biking and going to work out a billion hours," and you're into bookworms, you kinda know it probably won't work out.
  • RachelsReboot
    RachelsReboot Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    No wedding ring, no pics in his office. Doesn't talk about himself much. Doesn't seem to be on Facebook!

Based on that, I'd bet he's on lock down, how old is he?
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Simply just ask him....and keep it moving from there!! I guess I would right to the source...
  • seventwenty
    Options
    Simply just ask him....and keep it moving from there!! I guess I would right to the source...

pfft that's no fun.
  • Angelie28
    Angelie28 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    stalking or you know getting to know him like some other people said
  • tom1834
    tom1834 Posts: 34
    Options
    Ring finger tan, or social media hunting. if he has a FB you can check or see if you have any mutual friends that may know or have pics on their profile.
  • TeenaMarina
    Options

Based on that, I'd bet he's on lock down, how old is he?

What is lock down?! I dunno how old he is. I can't tell. I can't tell anything, aaaagh!
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    Just ask.. beating around the bush won't get you what you want :D