in need of help

Options
Mfp doesn't exactly make the forums easy to see new notifications, so ur more than welcome to email me also....

I've been working out for 18m now & have lost 40# & still have another 20#- give or take to go. I joined in Feb & @ this point over 55 days of log ins. Very rarely go over calorie goal (my diary is open) & always have some kind of workout in. No less than 30 min a day, ranging from boot camp, cardio kick boxing, zumba & jillian Michael's videos. I'm almost thru with the 30DS & I'm very disheartened with the lack of results. I'm not seeing the scale or tape measure show smaller numbers. So many ppl have great results & I shouldn't compare myself... But I'm seeing nothing. I will hopefully join a gym to get weight training in & will start to jog more... But Idk what else to do.

PLEASE HELP!!

Replies

• jdsmom0104
    jdsmom0104 Posts: 236
    Options
    Bump
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    My first instinct is to tell you that you are overtraining and need a 'diet break', but for folks to help, you should open your diary to the public.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    It's open... Maybe to friends only... Check back in a few... Will check it now
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Open now =]
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Open now =]

Gotta say, mad props! You eat like a nutritionist!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    Out of the last six days (not counting today) you've left several hundred uneaten calories every day. One day you left 900, the rest were in the 300-500 range.

First, how did you come up with 1390 as your Goal? With 20 pounds left to go, you should be set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week". That alone should put you at around 1600-1800 cals a day. BEFORE exercise. You are asking your body to essentially work all day, then exercise, and all on about 1300 TOTAL calories a day. No wonder. I'm surprised you aren't tired all the time. I didn't even bother to look at what you are eating. You need to fix your intake.

Reset your goal. Eat your exercise calories. You can't afford not to at your weight.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    remember veggies and fruits have way less calories so eat more of those. I was told if I eat my cals in veggies and fruits for the day I would not be able to eat all of my cals in a day. Maybe try adding 1 more glass of water too!
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Open now =]

Gotta say, mad props! You eat like a nutritionist!

Ha! Tx...
  • mrsmel55
    mrsmel55 Posts: 168
    Options
    you should check out the group...eat more to weigh less....there is a lot of interesting info there. I don't think you are eating enough...from everything I have read you need to eat at least your BMR...You can find out how to figure out all the numbers. It seems to be helping me.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Out of the last six days (not counting today) you've left several hundred uneaten calories every day. One day you left 900, the rest were in the 300-500 range.

First, how did you come up with 1390 as your Goal? With 20 pounds left to go, you should be set at "Lose 1/2 pound per week". That alone should put you at around 1600-1800 cals a day. BEFORE exercise. You are asking your body to essentially work all day, then exercise, and all on about 1300 TOTAL calories a day. No wonder. I'm surprised you aren't tired all the time. I didn't even bother to look at what you are eating. You need to fix your intake.

Reset your goal. Eat your exercise calories. You can't afford not to at your weight.

According to mfp when I set it up... With my goals etc I was given 1200 calories. I couldn't do that. spoke to someone (a fitness pg on fb) and she told me to up it to 1400. I generally stick with that & don't eat my exercise calories. I do take supplements, like suma which has completely helped with my fatigue... Before my lifestyle change
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

^^this

What you eat is really good - you should eat more, and add some more fats in - your fat intake is very low.

It sould like you have been at low calories and burning a lot for quite a while now. I really would suggest eating at what would be your maintenance for 4 - 6 weeks to give your body a break. Then resume with a much smaller deficit. Sounds a bit drastic, but you have probably been undereating for quite a while.

ETA: you are overtraining also. I would recommend backing off the cardio workouts and when you start the gym - lift heavy weights, not do more cardio - but make sure your fuel those workouts.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options

Question... Y should I eat my exercise cal? Many days I'm not hungry & others, seeing the extra cal would have me eating the wrong things =/

According to mfp when I set it up... With my goals etc I was given 1200 calories. I couldn't do that. spoke to someone (a fitness pg on fb) and she told me to up it to 1400. I generally stick with that & don't eat my exercise calories. I do take supplements, like suma which has completely helped with my fatigue... Before my lifestyle change
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    remember veggies and fruits have way less calories so eat more of those. I was told if I eat my cals in veggies and fruits for the day I would not be able to eat all of my cals in a day. Maybe try adding 1 more glass of water too!

I don't always remember to log my water =/ I do eat a good amount of veg but of course there's room for more =]. I do sometimes juice them but don't really know how to log it bc I can't keep track of how many oz each thing weighs
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    you should check out the group...eat more to weigh less....there is a lot of interesting info there. I don't think you are eating enough...from everything I have read you need to eat at least your BMR...You can find out how to figure out all the numbers. It seems to be helping me.
    tx, gonna look into it... But bmr?
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    According to mfp when I set it up... With my goals etc I was given 1200 calories. I couldn't do that. spoke to someone (a fitness pg on fb) and she told me to up it to 1400. I generally stick with that & don't eat my exercise calories. I thought the extra cal burned was more fuel for weight loss.. not a step in the wrong direction????....
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Bump

Need all the advice I can get ;)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    According to mfp when I set it up... With my goals etc I was given 1200 calories. I couldn't do that. spoke to someone (a fitness pg on fb) and she told me to up it to 1400. I generally stick with that & don't eat my exercise calories. I thought the extra cal burned was more fuel for weight loss.. not a step in the wrong direction????....

The way that MFP is set up - you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back (or most as sometimes the estimates are a bit high). There is a deficit already included in the base number - of you do not eat them back you create too large of a deficit for a sustainable healthy weight loss.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options

The way that MFP is set up - you are supposed to eat your exercise calories back (or most as sometimes the estimates are a bit high). There is a deficit already included in the base number - of you do not eat them back you create too large of a deficit for a sustainable healthy weight loss.

Ok, well, that makes sense
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    Thanks so much for the advice... As I sit here a lil overwhelmed. I'm very proud of the way I eat... & feel I have no sense of self control @ times, but I underestimate myself bc I'm always under goal... I'm just hoping I don't sabotage myself my eating the wrong things with the extra cal I will up it to... Trying to decide what to increase to... 1500 sounds decent... Right?