Anyone losing weight fast??????

Options
13»

Replies

• LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    19 weeks and 54 lbs. I change my sedentry lifestyle to a very active lifestyle with better eating choices. Body does react. However the loss is slowing down now that I am lighter.

Keep up the great work and you are losing right on track for you!
  • ruthymiller
    ruthymiller Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow what are you eating? what are you doing for exercise? this is great. just becareful that you dont gain it all back bast
    congratulations, want to know your secrets
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 100lb in 100 days, helped a lot by losing 24lb in the first two weeks. Things are slowing down a bit now, mainly to do with my BMR dropping by over 1,500 calories/day.

You are doing a good job keep it up.
  • hbaratta
    hbaratta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I lost over 100 pounds over a 4 year period. I started off fast, however once I got to 50, and 75, and 100, it got harder and harder. Slower and slower.

Thankfully I was in a christian program called First Place 4 Health. The encouragement I received along with tracking my food, learning the whys behind my emotional eating, and changing my perspective is what helped me stay the course.

I've lost 40-50 pound before fast and always gained it back. I found that losing it slow, helped my body absorb the skin (I have much less hanging skin than most) and helped me develop maintenance habits along the way.

I've done fast and furious before, however always ended up gaining it back. I am now at goal for 2 years in July. It is a battle every day. I am thankful for my First Place 4 Health group and MyFitnesspal. Most importantly, I am thankful to be keeping it off for a higher power, my Lord. He created me and I recognize he wants me to be healthy.

Blessings to you on your journey. You can do it.

Philippians 4:13

Helen Baratta
    HelenBaratta@gmail.com
    hm 412-490-9311
    cell 412-400-4644
    http://www.firstplace4health.com/
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    I lost my first 100lb in 100 days, helped a lot by losing 24lb in the first two weeks. Things are slowing down a bit now, mainly to do with my BMR dropping by over 1,500 calories/day.

You are doing a good job keep it up.

That's awesome!! And Thank you!
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    When you have a lot of weight to lose it will come quickly in the beginning. I lost 23 pounds the first two weeks, and 43 pounds the first month. It does slow down a lot after those initial drops, but should be pretty consistent as long as you maintain a deficit. I was able to lose consistently every week or 9 months before I hit my first plateau. As far as loose skin goes, I have a little around my middle. I'm still working on getting leaner so that should help get rid of the skin, but check out my results thread for photos I've linked below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/579160-12-months-170lbs-lost-with-photos-what-a-year
  • Kreacher12
    Kreacher12 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get a lot of people telling me this is unhealthy etc etc. But, I am not on a crash diet, I've gone from 356 in February to 300.0 yesterday (30 of it this past month). I have lost 30 pounds in the past 32 days and just curious if there are any other people losing weight fast on here also? Or if anyone has lost a lot of weight quickly?

Just keep going. I don't think it unusual to lose fast at first. See this blog post from me and know that I am no expert. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kreacher12/view/weight-and-losing-weight-fast-261698
  • ravennyx
    ravennyx Posts: 40
    Options
    Congrats on being able to give up that soda... I swear it needs to be outlawed and is half the problem with why we are gaining to much weight.. I had giving it up. Week one I lost nothing then over the next three weeks I lost 10lbs that was the only change to my diet I had made. Then I started drinking it again and couldn't believe how fast I put that 10 lbs back on.
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options
    When you have a lot of weight to lose it will come quickly in the beginning. I lost 23 pounds the first two weeks, and 43 pounds the first month. It does slow down a lot after those initial drops, but should be pretty consistent as long as you maintain a deficit. I was able to lose consistently every week or 9 months before I hit my first plateau. As far as loose skin goes, I have a little around my middle. I'm still working on getting leaner so that should help get rid of the skin, but check out my results thread for photos I've linked below.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/579160-12-months-170lbs-lost-with-photos-what-a-year

That is awesome!
  • xxmzangel
    xxmzangel Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 65 lbs since about mid January, so in just about 4 months. I think 10 of that was water weight though.

Oh yeah, I started at about 359 and am now 294. :)
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I lost 8kg/17lbs my first month. I started at 137kg/301lb. I had some 'helpful' person PM me to tell me I was losing too fast and would gain it all back. I cried all night. As you can see from my ticker (started ten months ago) I haven't gained it back. The person who said that weighed 140lbs and wanted to lose 5lb. *rolls eyes*

No it's not too fast. Just be aware that it will slow down the smaller you get (I'm currently experiencing that and it's driving me up the wall :-)
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    lost 82 pounds in 140 days... so yeah, fast. Can't explain it. I am not crash dieting - eating about 1,500 calories per day.