lowest calorie meal from Chinese takeaway

Options
2»

Replies

• ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    If you stick with a shrimp dish, as long as its not fried... You should be okay. The sauces are usually lighter for seafood. I believe oyster sauce is not too bad....Beef and broccoli is also really low which surprised me... you might gain a little water weight from the sodium, so make sure to stay hydrated today and tomorrow:) enjoy your meal! I love Chinese, and wish the restaurants here would offer brown rice and healthier options. It's like pulling teeth to get the sauce on the side lol.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nucreeman
    nucreeman Posts: 40
    Options
    I think the sauces are the main culprits. They add a lot of cornstarch, and sugar. If you notice, most Asians do not eat this sauce So I would suggest no sauce, and brown rice
  • WestAleta
    Options
    I think fresh vegetables & seafood like fish, shrimp,... I find out so many good restaurants with diet food. You can search on http://restaau.co.uk/ to easily find any restaurant near your place.
  • melodyesch
    melodyesch Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    My Chinese place will steam chicken and broccoli with no additives. That's REALLY the only thing there I can eat and have any confidence in being able to count the calories. But really, Chinese food is SO good tasting and SO incredibly bad for you when you order from the menu that I have to just stay away. I am usually pretty confident in restaurants, but that's one place that I wouldn't want to succumb to temptation. I'd blow my plan right out of the water.
  • LittleMissDover
    LittleMissDover Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I get king prawn with green peppers and black bean sauce, 1/2 portion of noodles and mini spring rolls. Yum!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    The main thing in Chinese food is the sodium of soy sauce and such. You can easily flush that away with extra water. I always eat my favorite dish with only 1/2 cup of rice and then save the rest for the next day.
  • coltrax
    coltrax Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    This posting was so timely for me. Today is my son's Bday and we are having Chinese take out and I was trying to think of the healthiest option becuase I will also be having a piece of cake. Think I'm going to go for the steamed chicken and veggies with no sauce or on the side and no rice. Thanks!:wink: