Lifting someone/being picked up

Options

Replies

• Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Yes he can lift you... I can lift my 5'7" sister who is 138lbs and I'm 231lbs and 5'11" She's really light actually.
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    Is anyone else thinking about the Dirty Dancing scene? No? Just me huh?

Wow...you know that movie huh?

Yup, I can even quote parts too. Thats right.

Amazed.com! I am seeing the film in concert :happy: I just need that watermelon hahaaaaa! :laugh:
  • sarahlucydaynes26
    Options
    So im seeing this guy and the height diffrence is pretty big he's 6ft 2 im 5ft 2 (and 3/4) well we kissed for the first time a few days ago and i realized this would be a little bit of a challenge cause i was on my tippy toes and he was slouching at really almost wasnt enough anywho he keeps saying next time ill just pick you up so he is alot heavier than me he's 213 im 148 (65lbs) and he says he wont have any problem picking me up.....but im still scaried that he will have a hard time and he told me that he can lift alot more than what i weigh and it wont feel like anything but still ive been worried about this

So the question is, dudes/ladies do you think it'll be too hard for him to do it?

p.s i think this is the motivation i needed to get started again lol

Hiya :)

I do not think it will be a challenge for him AT ALL!! Look at the positive side ` next time he will just pick you up ` :smile:
    I think you should not think about it and just go for it sweetie... It sounds like he does not mind so go for it xxx
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    My wife is 5'2" and I am 6'2". Height is a non-issue for everything.
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my late husband was 6'10!!! He used to pick me up all the time! He was very lean and toned but not bulky and I weighed about 140 back then, whereas he was about 200? I'd say don't worry too much, but if it provides you with motivation, take it as a positive and utilise it! ;)
  • sel254
    Options

Nope, I thought of it too AND I've now got the song stuck in my head ;) lol
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options

Dammit!, thanks alot! lol
  • sel254
    Options

Dammit!, thanks alot! lol

You are most welcome! I bet if you typed out some of the words somewhere in the site, there could be a "sing off" on here tonight lol
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Here's a spin on it. I'm 5'8'' and less then 150 and my husband is 5'5'' (SHORTER THEN ME) and 180 and he can lift me! It's all a matter of strength I think. I don't let him though because I feel like a big doll LOL
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i weigh 15 punds more then my BF and he picks me up. It freaks me out every time but he can still do it. He is not crazy strong or anything. I think yours will be fine!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    My husband is 6'1", I'm just under 5'1". He weighs a good deal more than me. At our ideals, he outweighed me by 70 lbs. He could easily pick me up even when I was 9 months pregnant and weighed something like 165 lbs.

I also wouldn't worry about the tippy-toe/slouch thing. There's actually lots of ways to make it work without too much stress. (Trust me ... lots and lots of way. :blushing: ).
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    When my husband could pick me up again was one of my NSV's. What he didn't expect was that I could pick him up now too (thank you deadlifts).

Hehe, yeah, it's sexy as heck when a guy can pick you up and carry your around... Let him!

I was picking up mine today, but I dropped him when he jokingly went to wrap his legs around me. Felt weird.
  • jesterx888
    jesterx888 Posts: 181
    Options
    Dont worry about it. I am 6'3" and my wife is 5'1"....He wont have any problem
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my husband is 6'3". He outweighs me by about 100 pounds. When he was sick, I picked him up from the bathroom and carried him to bed. If he is used to lifting weights, he can pick you up.
  • JeepBrah
    JeepBrah Posts: 150
    Options
    WTF@ WOMAN AND WHAT THEY WORRY ABOUT IS THIS REAL LIFE?
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and 150, my husband is 5'5" and 122. He gives me piggy back rides with no problem. I don't think your boyfriend will have an issue.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    WTF@ WOMAN AND WHAT THEY WORRY ABOUT IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Lol yes maybe we worry about things we shouldn't but we do
  • EuroReady
    EuroReady Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    He probably CAN lift you, but if you want a good long make out session I suggest you find yourself some stairs. Stand a few steps up, and it works like a charm. Haha...or you could lay down :tongue:
  • heyitsmegxx
    heyitsmegxx Posts: 444
    Options
    Do it. That'll be so romantic! It won't be a problem for him. It's so adorable.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Well, the guy I'm currently seeing weighs about 30 pounds less than I do (although he's about 6 inches taller) and he picks me up just fine and walks me around and puts me down very gently.

I'm sure he'll have no problem with you, girly. :-)