Odd/funny things you see at the gym

Options
13»

Replies

• tobafa
    tobafa Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Prepping for boot camp and getting ready for the long hauls?
  • Tamaralea88
    Tamaralea88 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    There is always that one guy that tries to show off and lifts WAY more weigh than he is supposed to and drops the weights then walks away like he isnt hurt...but I know the truth lol
  • couponfun
    couponfun Posts: 714 Member
    Options

Yeah my dad did something similar when younger before heading off to training for 'Nam. He was living in PR at the time, so he'd work on it by using a backpack and Army boots, since I believe with all their gear (Rambo-style knife included) it's about 50 lbs. Said he felt way better than those that came unprepared, too :smile:
  • KingRoaVa
    KingRoaVa Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Yeah my dad did something similar when younger before heading off to training for 'Nam. He was living in PR at the time, so he'd work on it by using a backpack and Army boots, since I believe with all their gear (Rambo-style knife included) it's about 50 lbs. Said he felt way better than those that came unprepared, too :smile:

I did the same thing several years ago(1997) prior Army Bootcamp. Army recruiter suggested it.
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    The guy that has a, and I quote "Gotta get my half-time smoke in." Then comes back and gets on the curl machine and starts counting reps, and by the time he gets to 10 he's practically screaming the number followed by UUUUNNNNNGGGGGGGG

JM
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Guys who works out in flip flops or ppl that walks around the gym with towels and never workout
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Guy at my gym (mid to upper 40's, about 6'4", flabby arms, flabby belly, spindly chicken legs) gets on the treadmill, cranks the speed up maybe all the way up (way to fast whatever he sets it on), grabs the side rails, locks his elbows to support his full weight and lets those spindly legs flailing away.

This made me literally LOL