Jillians 30 day shred LEVEL 3

Options
Anyone get there yet? I checked it out today... I am still at the end of Level 1 -- getting ready to head into level 2. Level 3 looks CRAZY!

Replies

• mamaof2girls
    mamaof2girls Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    OMG! Today I am doing Level 1 day four....I can't even imagine level 3 yet!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I am still on Level 1 also. I have been too scared to check out Level 2 or 3!! Level 1 is getting a little easier but I think I am going to do it a few more days to a week before I go to Level 2. I love the workout though! I talked my friend into buying it yesterday and she tried it for the first time lastnight. She is ready to kill me now! lol :laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Yes, I've done level 3 - its a great workout! You'll get there!
  • mamaof2girls
    Options
    Yes, I've done level 3 - its a great workout! You'll get there!

You are my hero!!:love: God Love Jillian ......she kicks my butt!
  • kobrie17
    kobrie17 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    i'm on level 2, i moved when i no longer had to stop through level 1. i cantttt get through and do those squat jumps and then the plank twists..but its awesome either way. love the soreness
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options
    I am still on Level 1 also. I have been too scared to check out Level 2 or 3!! Level 1 is getting a little easier but I think I am going to do it a few more days to a week before I go to Level 2. I love the workout though! I talked my friend into buying it yesterday and she tried it for the first time lastnight. She is ready to kill me now! lol :laugh:

Haven't done three, but level 2 is sooo much fun!!! Way better than one!
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options

I agree with that! Haven't done 3 either.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    i'm on level 2, i moved when i no longer had to stop through level 1. i cantttt get through and do those squat jumps and then the plank twists..but its awesome either way. love the soreness

tell me about it. i can;t do the military press with the kick because my muscles burn too much. whats with the plank jacks as well. i fear for the resident below me as i kick the crap out of the floor.
    only done level two twice though so i will give it another week and see where i am then. not looking forward to level 3 just yet h aha
  • mamaof2girls
    Options

tell me about it. i can;t do the military press with the kick because my muscles burn too much. whats with the plank jacks as well. i fear for the resident below me as i kick the crap out of the floor.
    only done level two twice though so i will give it another week and see where i am then. not looking forward to level 3 just yet h aha

STOP THE INSANITY!!!! You guys are scaring me! I'm only on level one and now I am thinking I might just stay there!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!

trust me I did the whole program - you'll surprise yourself
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I thought Level 2 was harder...
    I would get up and do Level 3 instead of 2. I haaaaate Level 2. I haven't done the shred it awhile... makes me want to check it out again.
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Are you guys talking about the Wii game??? Or is it a book you buy??? It sounds challenging and something I may just enjoy! Someone let me know please!!!! LOL :happy:
  • danni55
    danni55 Posts: 22
    Options
    my body is cringing at this talk....i'm doing day 5 of level 1 tonight and I just don't think my chunky body will be quite ready for level 2 this week.....but I think I can wait for that and level 3 for a nice good long while!!!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Are you guys talking about the Wii game??? Or is it a book you buy??? It sounds challenging and something I may just enjoy! Someone let me know please!!!! LOL :happy:
    It's Jillian Michaels (The Biggest Loser trainer for black team) "30 Day Shred" It is a 3 Level circuit training DVD. You start at 1 and then do it until until you are strong enough to make it to the next level. Each level is 20 min long. You are supposed to do the DVD everyday for 30 days and the DVD cover says you can lose up to 20 lbs in 30 days, but havent heard of anyone that has lost that much yet. I love it though. For only being 20 min long it is definitley one of the more challenging and impacting workouts I have ever done. I have heard nothing but good reviews from everyone else I have talked to!!
    PS It is on sale at Target right now!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

I've done 3 days of level 2 and I find it way better than level 1.

Anyone have ideas on how many calories on average are burned for each level? I have an estimate of about 450 for level 1 but don't know how accurate that is or if the other levels are different.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Options

I've done 3 days of level 2 and I find it way better than level 1.

Anyone have ideas on how many calories on average are burned for each level? I have an estimate of about 450 for level 1 but don't know how accurate that is or if the other levels are different.

Holy crap! I only estimated it at 200 for me.... I'm 5'2" 160lbs... I think I put it in as aerobics? Can't remember.... I need a HRM, so I'd know for sure! LOL, I would LOVE it if I was really burning 450!!!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    The only reason I used 450 was because someone elsewhere estimated it at that, this was level 1 only. She said she wore one of those gadget things and that's what it said. She was about my weight/height - 5'3", 160lbs. However, I think that could change with taking breaks and if you follow Natalie and do the beginner workout instead. I don't know what she followed. Maybe I should estimate it a little lower.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The only reason I used 450 was because someone elsewhere estimated it at that, this was level 1 only. She said she wore one of those gadget things and that's what it said. She was about my weight/height - 5'3", 160lbs. However, I think that could change with taking breaks and if you follow Natalie and do the beginner workout instead. I don't know what she followed. Maybe I should estimate it a little lower.

I'm puttin it under circuit training on here and it says 256 for me 168lbs and 5ft 10.
    but i really need to get a heart rate monitor. will get one soon.
    almost made it through level two wiht no stopping but follow anita sometimes. i will get there. feel stronger already.
  • sibetsimo
    sibetsimo Posts: 39
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shred today and took a quick look at level one to see if they would mention how heavy the weights should be. They didn't and I know it depends on the person, so I thought I'd just ask what everyone else is using! How about it?

Thanks!
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I just bought the 30 day shred today and took a quick look at level one to see if they would mention how heavy the weights should be. They didn't and I know it depends on the person, so I thought I'd just ask what everyone else is using! How about it?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they use 5lbs weights.
    I did the Shred off and on for a couple of months when I first started exercising. I used 3lbs for the longest time. Then I finally was able to do most of the exercises with 5lbs. Oh it was great, lol.