Body by Vi

Options
I have been looking at getting Body by Vi for a few months now. I honestly can't afford the Shape Kit right now I believe that is the $100 one, but I can for the balance...my question is, is it really worth it? Anyone use it and what happens after you finish the 90 day challenge? I am just not totally convinced...or rather I have lots of questions lol.

Replies

• Ashykins
    Ashykins Posts: 233
    Options
    bump
  • Mom2j09
    Mom2j09 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the bbv challenge for the last 31 days, I have lost 15 lbs and 16 inches so far. That was with none to very minimal exercise.
  • Krcanderson
    Krcanderson Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've been on the shape kit since Jan,I've lost 34lbs, I love the shakes!..but Ive been bad with my night time munchies up untill a few weeks ago.
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I suggest eating fresh natural foods and getting your nutrients that way.

It will be cheaper and better for you. And you will lose weight with it.

Quick fixes and magical pills are never the answer for long term weight loss and healthy lifestyles.

You need to teach yourself how to eat healthy or you will never be able to sustain your weight loss.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I was on it for almost 2 months and was unsuccessful. Still not sure why... The shakes taste great and it's an easy program to follow. the scale just didn't move. It's still not really moving, so I'm assuming it must be me. Everyone else I know who has used the shaks, has lost weight.
  • csimmons0914
    Options
    I started the body by vii rwo months ago. Just drinking the shakes alone didnt work for me because it does not fill me up at all, therefore causing me to eat breakfast anyways. I still buy the shake mix and have a shake after I workout. It is delicious and I hae lost 11 pounds, but its not because of the shakes and if you replace a meal period with a drink you will loose weight because you are eating less calories, not because of the shake.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    bump
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I tried it for 2 wks and didn't have any luck. Not only did I not lose weight on it I got extremely crabby and I couldn't go #2 on it. I tried it because a few friends we have are selling it and I thought maybe I could lose a quick 10-15 lbs before my vacation but it didn't help me at all.

I would agree that you do it with clean eating and exercise. It was a waste of money and time for me. Yeah the shakes taste great but I've been using the same ingredients to make my protein shakes and they taste just as good. And my protein powder is much cheaper.
  • bltrexler
    bltrexler Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have been on the challenge for 30 days and only lost 2lbs. The shakes taste great! I know ofother people who are having success but for me not so much. I am ususally around 1300-1400 net calories a day. I workout 5x week with zumba, running or weight lifting. I have lost about 3inch but I am disappointed. I am going to stick with since I feel eventually my body will let go I enjoy the shakes since I have a wicked sweet tooth and that the shakes are enough of a treat I am not looking for anything else. I do think just eating healthy will get the same results.
  • aj_31
    Options
    I was on it for almost 2 months and was unsuccessful. Still not sure why... The shakes taste great and it's an easy program to follow. the scale just didn't move. It's still not really moving, so I'm assuming it must be me. Everyone else I know who has used the shaks, has lost weight.

Same here. Everyone I know swears by it but I didn't get anything from it and after 2 wks I decided to stop taking it. Since then I've actually seen the scale go down.
  • shel1103
    shel1103 Posts: 189 Member
    Options

Same here. Everyone I know swears by it but I didn't get anything from it and after 2 wks I decided to stop taking it. Since then I've actually seen the scale go down.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's so weird because all I've heard are success stories from people I know about it. That's why I bought it in the first place. Grrr!! More wasted $$
  • aj_31
    Options
    I have been on the challenge for 30 days and only lost 2lbs. The shakes taste great! I know ofother people who are having success but for me not so much. I am ususally around 1300-1400 net calories a day. I workout 5x week with zumba, running or weight lifting. I have lost about 3inch but I am disappointed. I am going to stick with since I feel eventually my body will let go I enjoy the shakes since I have a wicked sweet tooth and that the shakes are enough of a treat I am not looking for anything else. I do think just eating healthy will get the same results.

You can make the same flavor shakes with regular protein powder. I've started to do that and it works out nicely & its cheaper. Also If you are eating 1300-1400 cals a day and then exercising on top of it and burning maybe 300-600 (est) calories a time you are way below the minimum 1200 and your BMR which I'm sure is around 1400 to 1500 depending on your height/weight.
  • aj_31
    Options

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. It's so weird because all I've heard are success stories from people I know about it. That's why I bought it in the first place. Grrr!! More wasted $$

Yeah I don't know if it is because I mostly lift weights or what. I had someone say well your body reacts differently once you start intaking healthy foods. WHAT?? Um I was eating healthy and have been for some time. I didn't lose 40 lbs by eating McDonald's. Duh! Yeah the people that sell it will say anything. Oh I've lost 10 inches and 20 lbs. Of course becaues they get commission off of the sales. Maybe it does work for some but when the package comes and it doesn't list exactly what is in it you have to be alittle skeptical of how good it is for your body. After exercising I was netting anywhere from 600-1200 calories a day and I was turning into a total B and I was so tired all of the time. Its just not healthy for your body.
  • jennin2010
    jennin2010 Posts: 13
    Options
    Didn't work for me. As well as my Dr thinks it might be responsible for my CK levals to be over 1600 ( they should be about 110)
  • aj_31
    Options
    Didn't work for me. As well as my Dr thinks it might be responsible for my CK levals to be over 1600 ( they should be about 110)

What is CK?

Yeah I've read some articles on how bad it really is for your body. I was scared when I tried it but my plan was to only do it for a month and then stop. I thought maybe it would help jump start my weight loss again since I've been at a stand still but that didn't happen. Now that I'm eating a flat 1900 no matter if I workout or not I'm already starting to see the scale move in my favor.
  • RUNNER48WH
    RUNNER48WH Posts: 35
    Options
    bump
  • Ashykins
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses. My protein shake is way cheaper and contains more protein and I've been reading about the soy protein in the Body bi Vi shakes, and soy isn't good for you? I am going to read more about that soy topic. Thank you all!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the responses. My protein shake is way cheaper and contains more protein and I've been reading about the soy protein in the Body bi Vi shakes, and soy isn't good for you? I am going to read more about that soy topic. Thank you all!

I don't believe that soy protein is bad for you but if anyone has any research (not blog posts, research) suggesting that soy is bad for you then feel free to post it.

But that being said, I agree with the below reply that someone made in this thread, and I'd suggest saving your money and forgetting about the Body By Vi plan:
    I suggest eating fresh natural foods and getting your nutrients that way.

It will be cheaper and better for you. And you will lose weight with it.

Quick fixes and magical pills are never the answer for long term weight loss and healthy lifestyles.

You need to teach yourself how to eat healthy or you will never be able to sustain your weight loss.
  • Ashykins
    Options
    I have decided not to get the shakes after thought and cost of said shakes I think I'll stick to my protein shake in the morning and eating real food for the rest of the day. I am trying to reteach myself habits and I don't think decreasing my calories anymore then they are and drinking 2 shakes a day is going to help my mentality as an overeater. I need to learn how to eat right and not depend on shakes to do the job for me. I don't really need them b/c I already know how to lose weight really. Eat right and exercise. Sometimes it's hard for most to accept just to do those 2 things instead of finding a quick and easy gimmick...I guess. I'm happy it's worked for so many, I just decided it wasn't right for me. Especially for long-term and the expenses it accrues.
  • JadedSouls
    JadedSouls Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been on it 2 months and have lost 13lbs and 15.75" overall and love the shakes. There was a week I went with no movement on the scale but otherwise I've lost at least 1+ pound a week with very little to no exercise. Just in the last couple weeks was I walking more now that the weather has been gorgeous..

I find it helped drinking the # of glasses of water a day you should be drinking and having 3 meals (2 shakes + regular meal) and then 3 healthy snacks as well..