Dream job vs actual job.

Options

Replies

• Sleepynita
    Options
    Dream Job: Doctor - Family Medicine

Actual Job: Polysomnographic Technologist (I test, analyze and treat sleep disorders)

Dream Job now that I have a sense of Reality? Polysomnographic Technologist. I love what I do.

What led me to sleep medicine? Lack of stamina to tough out multiple years of medical school, so my educational background is in Biomedical Engineering and I feel into Sleep Medicine, which was the most fortunate and lucky break in my life.
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    Dream job: open a no kill animal shelter

Real job: kennel assistant at a dog boarding kennel........basically I pick up dog poop all day lol.....also student getting masters in business and associates in veterinary technology
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Wealthy retiree who travels

Actual Job: Newly retiree who travels/visits friends

After 35 years in education, I woke up to the reality that I was replaceable and I didn't want to do the work of 5 people anymore.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Actual job is a mishmash of IT related stuff
    Dream job - Not having to work, but doing some horse breeding and training, possibly a little bit of dog breeding and helping various associations out with stuff.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Actual job: scheduling and payroll
    Dream job: I really don't know. I love my job and I'm really good at it. Sure, there are some parts that I don't love, but I am not looking elsewhere for a new job (so that must say something!).
    I would like to work with animals, but I have absolutely zero experience and education in that, so it isn't really practical. It would be fun, but I love my job.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Dream job : Record Store Owner

Real job : Accounting Clerk at a Credit Union
  • i_am_kate
    Options
    Actual job: Retail assistant at an outdoor leisure store (it's actually a really fun job)
    Dream job: Stunt car driver

How I got to where I am: I needed a job and I like camping and fishing, so it made sense to work somewhere where I was around things I enjoy.
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Dream job: stunt woman or actress.

Actual job: Retail management. I actually like my job (most days) and am quite good at it!
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Actual: Indie Author

Dream: NYT best selling author

I'm in love with writing, I love to create entire worlds in my mind and reflect them on paper.

All I need is a sheet of paper, something to write with, and then I can turn the world upside down. :bigsmile:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Actual job: SAHM

Dream job: Own a pottery shop with a studio and wheel in the back where I can throw, throw throw all day long. :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Infectious disease research

I am a stay at home mom to 3 boys. Maybe it's so different than my dream? Boys=germs
  • MaxlacusNight
    MaxlacusNight Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Quality Assurance for Live Virus Manufacturing Plant.

Dream Job: Molecular Biologist working in a developmental research lab.
  • katyejean
    katyejean Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Actual job: Subway. Yup, making your 11 inch "footlong". I was moving in with my boyfriend who lived in a different area and right across the Ohio river into Indiana, so I needed a job. It's been 2.5 years working there. It's not awful, but definitely not challenging my mind. So I decided I would go back to school. I'm really not sure what I want to be yet, but I know I want to do paper work or typing or something organizational like that. I <3 Office Supplies and work.
    Dream job: Any job that doesn't involve contact with customers. Sheesh, people are crazy. I'd rather do paper work than have human contact with people I don't know and who are gonna ***** at me for something I have 0 control over.
  • sjeannot
    sjeannot Posts: 143
    Options
    I have a desk job doing data entry and also analyzing confidential information which pays the bills. But my dream job is to be on a large stage somewhere singing my heart out in front of a plethora of people who like what they hear so much they roo tme on and request for club owners and venue management to have me back. I just want to sing because I really love to do it.
  • ZeeShay
    ZeeShay Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    dream job: Head of marketing for a record label/ Venue owner

actual job: student/temp
  • anazombee
    anazombee Posts: 31
    Options
    receptionist at a law firm for workers compensation- real job :sad:

Veterinarian - Dream Job :love: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • mrs_mab
    mrs_mab Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Real Job: Logistics for worldwide electronics manufacturer

Dream Job: Television Corespondent for the Travel Channel co-hosting a show called "Amazing Couples Get-a-ways " with my husband so we can travel to amazing places while getting paid!
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Dream Job: Romance Author

Current Job: Administrative Assistant (Secretary lol)
  • MissJacquelineN
    MissJacquelineN Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Real Job- Administrative Assistant at a university- accounting stuff, travel, purchasing, etc

Dream job- archaeologist. I've ALWAYS wanted to be an archaeologist.. I just don't know why I decided to go into business and law in college.
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to be a race car driver. :)

This